• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Kevin Love Safari™

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple Choice: How much would you trade for Kevin Love?

• Waiters, Thompson and a Pick

Votes: 150 24.4%
  • Waiters, Bennett and a Pick

Votes: 138 22.4%
  • Waiters, Thompson and Multiple Picks

Votes: 150 24.4%
  • Waiters, Bennett and Multiple Picks

Votes: 165 26.8%
  • Thompson, Bennett and Multiple Picks

Votes: 80 13.0%
  • Wiggins, 1 of the above players, and a Pick (wouldn't work until 30-days after Wiggins signed)

Votes: 34 5.5%
  • Wiggins, 2 of the above players and a pick

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Wiggins, and whatever players/picks it takes

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Revisit trade options for Love later in the season

Votes: 192 31.2%
  • Not interested in trading for Love this year.

Votes: 65 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Stein during Team USA game: "Don't expect the Kevin Love trade to happen quickly (meaning not happening at 12:01 a.m. tonight). Expect it to be finalized tomorrow."

Also on Ray Allen: "Expectations around the league is that Allen will end in up Cleveland, but could have family reasons to stay in Miami."

UBwvbW7.png

Does anyone think that this trade will be done right around 12:01 am, little after..? Or do they wait til later tomorrow to do this trade?

Does anyone think that this trade will be done right around 12:01 am, little after..? Or do they wait til later tomorrow to do this trade?

I'm guessing tomorrow but then again I'm staying up till 12:05 or so just because I've made it this far.

I will be just getting done with work at noon tomorrow...woot! Going to suck heading in to work at 4 am, all excited and shit.

I'm insanely surprised at how much Minny is getting out of a deal where their main piece would just walk next season. Wiggins, Bennett and Young would be IMO the best trade for a superstar, ever.

I'm insanely surprised at how much Minny is getting out of a deal where their main piece would just walk next season. Wiggins, Bennett and Young would be IMO the best trade for a superstar, ever.
In fairness, Thad Young can opt out next summer. I think it will be hard for Minny to talk their way into keeping him long-term.

It's a good deal for Minnesota on paper, but if Bennett never justifies his $5Mil a year salary and Young turns into a short term rental, they better hope that they find a way to put a team around Wiggins.

I just realized we tanked because LeBron left... and that Tanking got us Irving who helped attract LeBron while our other tanking and with some huge luck we turned into Love. Ironically the heat pick was a huge part of this deal that got us Love. My mind is blown.

They also got no draft picks and no salary relief. Plus Young can walk after the season as well.

I am not disputing that the Wolves got a better deal than other teams did for many other departing superstars, but I think the Love deal should be judged as Love for Bennett, Wiggins, and the Miami pick. That they are packaging the Miami pick with expiring contracts to get Young is really a separate transaction, even if they are executed simultaneously. The Wolves ended up turning the potential risk of the Miami pick (not knowing it where will land) to meet the specific needs of the 76ers while assuming Young's contract, at least in the short term.

Wiggins (apparently high ceiling), Bennett (hard to say), and a top-10 protected first-round pick is certainly something the Wolves can be happy about. We'll have to see how things turn out for Wiggins and Bennett (and of course Love). The potential is there. Who won the trade will be increasingly obvious over the next few years. I hate losing Wiggins, but Love is far better than all of the other players combined at this point.

I think the Jazz had the potential to get the best trade for a superstar when they traded for Deron Williams, but the first-round picks they have made as a result of that trade haven't been as spectacular as hoped.

I am not disputing that the Wolves got a better deal than other teams did for many other departing superstars, but I think the Love deal should be judged as Love for Bennett, Wiggins, and the Miami pick. That they are packaging the Miami pick with expiring contracts to get Young is really a separate transaction, even if they are executed simultaneously. The Wolves ended up turning the potential risk of the Miami pick (not knowing it where will land) to meet the specific needs of the 76ers while assuming Young's contract, at least in the short term.

Wiggins (apparently high ceiling), Bennett (hard to say), and a top-10 protected first-round pick is certainly something the Wolves can be happy about. We'll have to see how things turn out for Wiggins and Bennett (and of course Love). The potential is there. Who won the trade will be increasingly obvious over the next few years. I hate losing Wiggins, but Love is far better than all of the other players combined at this point.

I think the Jazz had the potential to get the best trade for a superstar when they traded for Deron Williams, but the first-round picks they have made as a result of that trade haven't been as spectacular as hoped.

In the next few years it's going to be looked on as a win-win for both teams; Cavs get Love, who become a key cog to win (hopefully) a Title for the Cavs and become an instant folk hero in Cleveland, while Wiggins becomes special and Bennett becomes serviceable.

If Love means getting at least a single title, I do that trade 1000 times of of 1000 times. And when LeBron, Kyrie, and Love are holding the Trophy, will any Cavs fan care about whether we gave up too much in the trade? .

So, once the dust has settled, the Cavs will have kept 5 of 15 players from last years roster.

That's pretty amazing when you stop and think about it.

From the roster that closed the season, they "lost" CJ Miles, Hawes and Deng to free agency, traded Jack, Karasev, Bennett, Felix, Gee, Zeller and Hopson, along with the #1 overall pick in the draft and two future #1 and 2 future #2's.

Then sign the greatest player on the planet, Mike Miller, James Jones and Sean Marion, trade for Kevin Love, Brendan Haywood and the "Non-guarenteed 3".

And there's STILL a chance of another deal and potentially signing Ray Allen to a minimum contract?

Starting to think "Momentous" may have been an understatement by Griffin.

Right! I guess he was just trying to be modest. Haven't had an overhaul like this in Cleveland for years, so it definitely feels weird. But I suppose that was what it was going to take for us to not only be competitive, but to win the big one.

Anyone else feel weird about the whole "we were playing for ping-pong balls like 5 minutes ago and now we're competing for a championship" thing? Hell, I'm all for it, don't get me wrong. But we kind of skipped some steps. For the last few years, I've been talking about how much I miss watching playoff basketball and how eager I am to see the Cavs compete against the top teams. Now, the playoffs seem a certainty, a top finish is within a feasible realm of possibility. It's freaking awesome, but it's a hell of a unique position to be in, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."