• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Kevin Love Safari™

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple Choice: How much would you trade for Kevin Love?

• Waiters, Thompson and a Pick

Votes: 150 24.4%
  • Waiters, Bennett and a Pick

Votes: 138 22.4%
  • Waiters, Thompson and Multiple Picks

Votes: 150 24.4%
  • Waiters, Bennett and Multiple Picks

Votes: 165 26.8%
  • Thompson, Bennett and Multiple Picks

Votes: 80 13.0%
  • Wiggins, 1 of the above players, and a Pick (wouldn't work until 30-days after Wiggins signed)

Votes: 34 5.5%
  • Wiggins, 2 of the above players and a pick

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Wiggins, and whatever players/picks it takes

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Revisit trade options for Love later in the season

Votes: 192 31.2%
  • Not interested in trading for Love this year.

Votes: 65 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! I guess he was just trying to be modest. Haven't had an overhaul like this in Cleveland for years, so it definitely feels weird. But I suppose that was what it was going to take for us to not only be competitive, but to win the big one.

Anyone else feel weird about the whole "we were playing for ping-pong balls like 5 minutes ago and now we're competing for a championship" thing? Hell, I'm all for it, don't get me wrong. But we kind of skipped some steps. For the last few years, I've been talking about how much I miss watching playoff basketball and how eager I am to see the Cavs compete against the top teams. Now, the playoffs seem a certainty, a top finish is within a feasible realm of possibility. It's freaking awesome, but it's a hell of a unique position to be in, that's for sure.

This is almost identical to how the Celtics formed their big three. The most of course and man do I feel bad for Minny Is the lost both Garnett and Love to teams who will have to watch them win multiple titles. As for being a Cavs fan and born and raised Cleveland native all I can say is hell yes I am ready. I will however root for Minny as my second favorite team. They deserve it after we get ours.

This is almost identical to how the Celtics formed their big three. The most of course and man do I feel bad for Minny Is the lost both Garnett and Love to teams who will have to watch them win multiple titles. As for being a Cavs fan and born and raised Cleveland native all I can say is hell yes I am ready. I will however root for Minny as my second favorite team. They deserve it after we get ours.

I think I can definitely get behind Wiggins & Bennett and will certainly still follow them closely to see what they're up to. I think most of us will still have a soft spot for AB, given that we spent the majority of last season sending positive affirmations his way to try and turn his ridiculously bleak rookie campaign into something substantial.

What's strange is that the history books will record Wiggins' playing career beginning with the Wolves only. Years from now, his short stint at the Cavs might be entirely forgotten. That is of course, unless Wiggins turns into an absolute freak and somehow wins a championship at Minnesota before the Cavs win one...

I think I can definitely get behind Wiggins & Bennett and will certainly still follow them closely to see what they're up to. I think most of us will still have a soft spot for AB, given that we spent the majority of last season sending positive affirmations his way to try and turn his ridiculously bleak rookie campaign into something substantial.

What's strange is that the history books will record Wiggins' playing career beginning with the Wolves only. Years from now, his short stint at the Cavs might be entirely forgotten. That is of course, unless Wiggins turns into an absolute freak and somehow wins a championship at Minnesota before the Cavs win one...

I'll be cheering for Wiggins; he seems like a good kid who, due to the NBAs archaic rules had to be in an unnecessary flux for a month. Bennett needs to work, plain and simple. He was the first pick in a horrible draft, but could become a double double guy.

I wasn't a fan of this trade as Cleveland typically doesn't obtain the long term rights to a player with Wiggins potential and, the Cavs could have been set up for a spurs like run of 15 years. But I do understand it. This team is stacked and can win it all NOW.

Can't wait for October!

I will be an Anthony Bennett fan the rest of his career.

The fact people call him a bust because it is the trendy thing to do is amazing to me. Guy came in injured. Had a poor year. Worked hard in the offseason and got into better shape.

People called him one of the biggest busts of all time! So asinine.

Wow, just logged in for the first time in a while and the new forum looks fantastic. Currently visiting the site where internet is only 128 kbps to see us officially get K. Love.

I initially thought that the Wolves wouldn't get a better offer than the Miami pick, Memphis pick, + 2 of Dion/AB/TT for Love, and I thought we could keep Wiggins with Lebron, Love, and Kyrie to create a Big 4. Of course, I'm not a GM, but looking way back at Lebron's letter not mentioning Wiggins, you gotta think this was in the works for a long time, and maybe this thing was finalized by Summer League game 5 where both AB and Wiggins didn't play.

But since we've had a month+ to adjust to this, I'm pretty damn stoked that we have a 6 year championship window with Kyrie on board for this season+5, Lebron seems committed here for the long run and you gotta think he stays at a comparable level for at least 6 more years. Love is only 25 and will be at about his peak 6 years from now. I would find it difficult to add another all-star caliber player to this bunch as Lebron is likely to sign for a new max every 2 years for the rest of his career, and I anticipate Love getting something like a 5 year max deal at the end of this season, but we have all the main pieces at this point.

Add to this TT and Dion who have not hit their potential yet and the fact that Cleveland is now officially an attractive FA destination, see Mike Miller, Marion, and soon to be Ray Allen (I'm not going to jinx anything now), and some assets in the Memphis pick, Haywood contract, and the ability to use the MLE starting next year, and this team could easily get better over the next couple years.

So maybe its not super-out-of-this-world never-going-to-happen dream scenario, but I'll settle for super the runner up scenario which it seems we have.

Its certainly a hell of lot better than wondering how Doug McDermott was going to fit in with Kyrie, Dion, and TT, if could retain Spencer Hawes, if Bennett was going to show some potential, which undrafted summer league/D-leage player was going to earn a roster spot,and how realistic an 8 seed would be - which was pretty much what I was prepared for at the end of last season.

Why haven't they announced the trade yet? Is it because the NBA has blocked it? Or did Flp Saunders decide to go with the Suns offer? This should be conerning the fans, if not inciting them into a panic that it hasn't been announced yet.

Why haven't they announced the trade yet? Is it because the NBA has blocked it? Or did Flp Saunders decide to go with the Suns offer? This should be conerning the fans, if not inciting them into a panic that it hasn't been announced yet.

Marc Stein said last night the trade call will take place between 12-3 this afternoon

:chuckle:

Going to assume trolling, because the alternative is that I assume you're clueless. :chuckle:

I better see Kevin Love confirm that he will indeed ride or die for the city of Cleveland by 4pm EST on Twitter.

The ad is from the Sunday paper (part of which gets distributed on Saturday). They might draw a fine for that premature money-grab.

Thought it was funny they didn't take the time to Photoshop Wolves uniforms on the new players.

According to Steve Aschburner, the Wolves owner also owns the paper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."