• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Team USA and FIBA 2014 World Cup

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Lots of likes to whoever can provide updates on the game, particularly on how Kyrie is playing. Cant watch at work

Overall well. His first possession was a suspect call on a travel. He made his first jumper and then followed that by a layup. He missed a fadaway mid range jumper but it was within the offense.

He took a charge that was not called. Right after that play, rose missed a layup and the opponent had a open fast break. While Irving did not have the chase down, he made it difficult and the person missed.

Can't remember if he has any assists, but he forced a pass to Harden on the break when he could of took it up himself.

Edit: Harden LITERALLY had Irving wide open on the corner but he forced a shot, ugggh.

Irving just had an assist to Faried. Both have a connection it seems.

Edit2: Don't want to double post, but took it to the hoop and got fouled, hit 1 free throw. Then another possession he makes a sweet layup. Playing good D.

Last edited:
This ok to create everybody?

starting very shortly and wasn't sure if there would be a thread for this or not.

wuck edit: merged the team usa thread and the FIBA world cup thread. i think one thread will be enough. if it turns out to be too messy, we'll separate them.

Last edited by a moderator:
box score for game: http://statsdmz.nba.com/pdfs/20140826/20140826_SLOUSA.pdf

Looks like Irving had a great game - very efficient on the offensive end and outplayed another quality NBA player in G Dragic. I could get used to this whole KI playing defense thing. If he does that, our team (the Cavs) really becomes a tough nut to crack, as the elusive "rim protector" problem is mitigated by allowing less penetration.

I really think this time is great for KI. I know there's always the threat of injury, but playing with high level players against high level players with an incredible coach (or two) has got to help with the learning curve. For a guy who only played 11 games at Duke then had to play in a losing atmosphere in Cleveland, this will help him get that competitive drive rekindled, too.

I know that Spain is going to be a challenge but I don't see them as a big threat as far as match-ups go. We have a mobile big (Faried), an all-around nightmare big (Davis), and a monster big or two (Boogie and Drummond). When I think about the Gasol brothers and Ibaka, I don't see where their epic advantage is going to come from over our bigs. The only slim chance I give them is if Davis gets into foul trouble and it messes with our rotations/chemistry. Other than that, it's crazy but our US team, which isn't even the best US players, should get it done.

Anyone know how to watch the games, particularly the non-USA ones. I'm Filipino so wanted to see some of those games, hopefully on something like WatchESPN

Seriously not only is this give Harden the ball and run ISO ugly but it won't work vs better teams. Rose and Irving just pass half court and give it to him every time

I enjoy Finnish bands, but this basketball team is not enjoyable. To be fair, they are over matched.

I think Finland has only scored 2 points in the second quarter with three minutes left.

EDIT

Strike that, Finland didn't even score a bucket in the entire 2nd quarter. 2 free throws...

60-18 at the half.

Last edited:
Hahahaha they got outscored 29-2!!!

I have watched more international basketball games than I can count. I saw USA drum Nigeria 156-73. USA hit 29 of 46 3's... this is worse by a mile. Holy shit. Could you imagine if the Olympic team was out there!? This USA team is playing well, but they've missed easy ones and have turned the ball over 11 times. USA turned it over 7 times against Nigeria in 2012.

That team vs. this Finland team would've killed off basketball in Finland probably for eternity.

I'm not sure a full court press throughout a quarter (it felt like it anyways), will work against the better teams of the tournament, but USA really turned up the defensive pressure.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."