• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Love - Miami Ground Machine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kevin Love a Hero for Saving a Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Too Right!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hotter than Jimmy G

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Jim Chones

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
LeBron, KD, Anthony Davis, CP3, Melo, Paul George, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden are all better than Kevin Love imo. That's not to say that I think Love is the 9th best player in the league, but after these 8 I think it becomes murky.

In terms of playing Robin to LeBron's Batman though? I think Kevin Love is the best man in the league for that role. Match made in Heaven.

LeBron, KD, Anthony Davis, CP3, Melo, Paul George, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden are all better than Kevin Love imo. That's not to say that I think Love is the 9th best player in the league, but after these 8 I think it becomes murky.

In terms of playing Robin to LeBron's Batman though? I think Kevin Love is the best man in the league for that role. Match made in Heaven.
no way for the bolded and AD is debatable. Going forward absolutely but i've seen alot of overreaction about him since the USA tournament started. Lets see him carry over from his 2nd season because remember how quickly people turned on Irving after he was a projected top 10 player. Also Westbrook is debatable to. We have no idea how HE would be on his own team

I can go along with that. Me personally I have him higher because I value more what he brings to the table. In terms of fit I don't think you can find a better combination of talent/fit when you have LeBron on your roster.

This is what is weird about this trade: the advanced analysis guys like Pelton and Elhasson seem to get what many of us having been saying on RCF is that Lebron/Love has a chance to be scary because the sum of the two maybe better then them individually (yes that's even considering one is arguably the best PF in the league and the other is well you know Lebron).

Miami Big 3 seemed more about roleplayers complementing them then each other but Love with his ability to hit the 3, get to the foul line, rebound, and pass is the ideal "finisher" complement to a guy who needs driving lanes, is an elite help defender, and is the best "creator" in the game. You just don't see posters in other forums or the talking heads actually making these points. It's like Love is only defined by his defense and the Twolves struggles and not by what he brings to the table.

Last edited:
no way for the bolded and AD is debatable. Going forward absolutely but i've seen alot of overreaction about him since the USA tournament started. Lets see him carry over from his 2nd season because remember how quickly people turned on Irving after he was a projected top 10 player. Also Westbrook is debatable to. We have no idea how HE would be on his own team

I'm not basing anything off tournament play. AD has already proved to be elite defensively and his offensive game has really come around as well recently. When I take into account the elite production he gives on both sides of the court I think he's already better than Kevin Love.

And I listed most of the guys I did because I view them as better 2 way players than Kevin Love. Russell, Paul George, CP3, Melo, etc. Now, James Harden doesn't fit that mold as one could argue that he's actually worse than Kevin Love is on defense but before Dwight came along, Harden took his team to the playoffs in the West...something Kevin didn't do during his years in Minnesota.

This is what is weird about this trade: the advanced analysis guys like Pelton and Elhasson seem to get what many of us having been saying on RCF is that Lebron/Love has a chance to be scary because the sum of the two maybe better then them individually (yes that's even considering one is arguably the best PF in the league and the other is well you know Lebron).

Miami Big 3 seemed more about roleplayers complementing them then each other but Love with his ability to hit the 3, get to the foul line, rebound, and pass is the ideal complement to a guy who needs driving lanes, creates opportunities for others all over the court, and is an elite help defender. You just don't see posters in other forums or the talking heads actually making these points. It's like Love is only defined by his defense and the Twolves struggles and not by what he brings to the table.

I think you could say the same thing about Irving. I think this team fits a lot better together than Miami.

How is trading for a 25-year-old PF who is widely regarded as the best at his position "throwing the future away"?

Not trying to call you out in particular but I am so sick and tired of seeing this argument from the naysayers. Irving is 22. Waiters is 22. Thompson is 23. Dellavedova is 23. Love is 25. Hell, LeBron's not even 30 yet.

How exactly did they throw the future away, again?
im talking specific about Wiggins.
I think that he can be a real superstar, but if youre looking about whole team (ofc its more important), then youre right.
anyway, I think now its a good deal, but its little sad to lose Wiggins.

I think you could say the same thing about Irving. I think this team fits a lot better together than Miami.

Maybe: Irving seems if he plays like he does with Team USA but based on his Cavs/Duke time he's going to have to make bigger adjustments then Love. Remember Love either inside or out is used to playing off others (he got a ridiculous amount of his shots assisted): in essence he's a great finisher. Irving like Love not only has the defense/injury concerns but also used to initiating offense. This shows as I've never seen him really move well off the ball which is going to be important as I'd expect Lebron to initiate the offense quite a bit.

i might actually convince my girl to watch bball this season

she asked me, "is this kevin love guy really good? because he's cute"

the last time she asked me about a player was when she heard we might end up w kris humphries in a trade (she knew him from that ridiculous kardashian show)

I think that he can be a real superstar, but if youre looking about whole team (ofc its more important), then youre right.
You could also argue that they just traded for a superstar now. At the very least, he's widely regarded as the best at his position.

i might actually convince my girl to watch bball this season

she asked me, "is this kevin love guy really good? because he's cute"

the last time she asked me about a player was when she heard we might end up w kris humphries in a trade (she knew him from that ridiculous kardashian show)

Haha, same here. Hasn't been the case since we had Wally Szczerbiak

I do not understand this line of thinking honestly. You hope that Wiggins can develop into the type of player that Kevin Love is today. You can either take the player with upside or the player that has already proven that upside to be true. I feel like Cleveland fans, at times, fall in love with the prospect as opposed to the proven commodity. Kevin Love is a perfect fit to play with Lebron. Perfect. And he is that perfect fit today, not 3 years from now. Personally, I am not willing to waste 30 seconds of Lebron's prime here in Cleveland, let alone years.

I do not understand this line of thinking honestly. You hope that Wiggins can develop into the type of player that Kevin Love is today. You can either take the player with upside or the player that has already proven that upside to be true. I feel like Cleveland fans, at times, fall in love with the prospect as opposed to the proven commodity. Kevin Love is a perfect fit to play with Lebron. Perfect. And he is that perfect fit today, not 3 years from now. Personally, I am not willing to waste 30 seconds of Lebron's prime here in Cleveland, let alone years.

Yeah, I think a lot of us, myself included, fell in love with Wiggins' upside initially as opposed to being realistic about his potential limitations as a player (poor handles, limited vision/passing, streaky shooting, questionable feel for the game). It's not often you get a chance to trade for a top five to ten player in the NBA, and Wiggins is by no means the prospect that a guy like Anthony Davis was. He wasn't even the consensus number one pick in the draft.

Plus, Love isn't exactly an old man at 25, and his skill-based game is the type that should age well.

Yeah, I think a lot of us, myself included, fell in love with Wiggins' upside initially as opposed to being realistic about his potential limitations as a player (poor handles, limited vision/passing, streaky shooting, questionable feel for the game). It's not often you get a chance to trade for a top five to ten player in the NBA, and Wiggins is by no means the prospect that a guy like Anthony Davis was. He wasn't even the consensus number one pick in the draft.

Plus, Love isn't exactly an old man at 25, and his skill-based game is the type that should age well.

If Embiid was healthy, Wiggins goes #3.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."