• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Best way to watch the Cavs this season?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I won't be able to watch a lot of the games live and dont have a DVR. It has been mentioned that leaguepass archives the national broadcasts. Is there any other way to record other games and watch later?

I'm going to try ballstreams. Does anyone think it'd be an issue to pay with a personal credit card, or would it be safer to pay with something slightly more anonymous?

Also, as a tip for other people signing up -- I believe you can pause your subscription, so if you wanted to sign up now to take advantage of the $10 off, pause your subscription until the first game and you'll save yourself a couple extra months of subscription time.
I've used my personal CC with them 3 times. Also, please take now after your account runs out it will auto-resign again, so be sure to cancel it it in the account settings. I had this happen to me and noticed it 3 days later and the admin was nice enough to reverse the charges.

Also the charges or ran out of country as well, so your bank might freeze your card as well and you have to call them and tell them it's okay.l

I won't be able to watch a lot of the games live and dont have a DVR. It has been mentioned that leaguepass archives the national broadcasts. Is there any other way to record other games and watch later?
Ballstreams archives/DVRs all games.

I wonder why they dont do NFL Games then? That would be huge!!!
I brought his up to them (you can literally go into a chat and chat with the admins) and they're just not setup for it right now because they deal with so much traffic when the NHL and NBA seasons overlap they can't handle the NFL season as well. That's why the close signing up for the service at times.

Also, please take now after your account runs out it will auto-resign again, so be sure to cancel it it in the account settings.

thanks for this, i was unaware. I had forgotten that PS+ is on autorenewal and i was pissed to find out i paid $40 for a service i never use.. live and learn

thanks for this, i was unaware. I had forgotten that PS+ is on autorenewal and i was pissed to find out i paid $40 for a service i never use.. live and learn
Yes, I was upset when it happened to me on Ballstreams, but it was completely my fault because I knew about it beforehand and simply forgot. They refunded me the complete amount within 3 days. Their customer service has been superb for me.

I shell out for LP on Directv, despite satellite sucking in rain.....LP is a good investment if you can afford it. I find myself watching like 3 games a night lol.

Ballstreams replied to my request in literally less than 5 minutes lol

Thanks for all the input and suggestions everyone.

I just went ahead and signed up with Ballstreams for 1 year. Pleasantly suprised to find I can watch directly off their site from my laptop without using any external device(roku, appletv, ps3, etc) or Plex. For those that have been doing this already, it their any negative to watching it in that direct way from their site? Is it better in any way for me to use Plex or look to get an external device like Roku?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the input and suggestions everyone.

I just went ahead and signed up with Ballstreams for 1 year. Pleasantly suprised to find I can watch directly off their site from my laptop without using any external device(roku, appletv, ps3, etc) or Plex. For those that have been doing this already, it their any negative to watching it in that direct way from their site? Is it better in any way for me to use Plex or look to get an external device like Roku?

Thanks!
Back when I had their service last year they didn't have the Chromecast-ability, but apparently they do through an app. For my laptop watching it directly off site worked the best/smoothest for me. If I watched it on TV I would just hook up my spare HDMI cable and watch it at full screen.

Back when I had their service last year they didn't have the Chromecast-ability, but apparently they do through an app. For my laptop watching it directly off site worked the best/smoothest for me. If I watched it on TV I would just hook up my spare HDMI cable and watch it at full screen.
Perfect. I'm usually total immersion when I watch, so just using the HDMI cable to the TV and full screening off of their site works well, since I won't need/want to be on other sites at the same time.

Can late October hurry up?

Perfect. I'm usually total immersion when I watch, so just using the HDMI cable to the TV and full screening off of their site works well, since I won't need/want to be on other sites at the same time.

Can late October hurry up?
The HDMI cable and full-screening it makes it look like you're actually watching cable. You can't even tell it's a stream because the picture is pretty clear. I might try the Chromecast feature just to see how well that works/looks. If it's buggy/crappy I'll just go back to the HDMI cable again.

still waiting for registration to reopen

Regarding Ballstream, I might explore the AirPlay route through Apple TV. I don't have HDMI slot on laptop. Nor an Apple TV for that matter. Nor a TV.

I am considering buying a moderately inexpensive projector and shooting image on wall. I am worried though if I project too large the image quality might start to deteriorate.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."