• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-2015 National Champs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
one thing i'm glad to see about Barrett are no dumb sacks or stupid throws...i blame the line for his sacks in this game

when he threw, he seemed to throw it well...had one terribly under thrown pass on the INT

Nice to see progression from half to half particularly from JT

Solid win. Navy is an ~8 win team with a funky offense. Barrett showed, at the very least, he can "not screw it up" versus a solid opponent.

On balance, we played pretty well. Barrett did everything that he was supposed to do, absent that interception. We were shaky in the first half, but that's jitters. Meyer once again got us fired up and made adjustments at the half and we really played well. Considering that our heisman candidate went down 12 days ago, I would say that we really looked OK. A couple of our defenders looked great, and it's a tricky offense to open against, so there's some reason for optimism. SO happy to have football back again. Now next week we'll really see if we are top tier.

Thought the halftime adjustments by the coaching staff were phenomenal.

Navy threw some stunts in to confuse the young OL and it worked, it didn't work by the third quarter. If they could have gotten the LBs to play within their assignments they could have contained those longer plays.

Overall not a bad opener by any means.

I'm curious to see what we look like against a traditional offense.

It took the offense a little while to get rolling, but I was pretty happy with the way that they looked in the 2nd half. I knew the defense was going to give up some yards, I just didn't think it would be that many, I hate when teams let the option come to them rather than attacking it. You attack the ball every damn time, hit the QB and make him make the pitch under pressure or while he's being smacked.

Buckeyes beat Navy 34-17, drop 3 spots in the AP. :rolleyes:

Hilarious. Navy is better than almost every opponent a top 10 team played last week.

Isn't the AP just catching up from the Braxton injury?

Real important weekend for the B1G.

OSU/VT
MSU/Oregon
Mich/ND

Need to get at least 2 of these, preferably OSU and MSU. If only OSU wins (as many expect) we'll probably have to run the table to make the playoff. If not, the B1G will likely miss the playoff.

Real important weekend for the B1G.

OSU/VT
MSU/Oregon
Mich/ND

Need to get at least 2 of these, preferably OSU and MSU. If only OSU wins (as many expect) we'll probably have to run the table to make the playoff. If not, the B1G will likely miss the playoff.

Very true, but at this point being objective, the Buckeyes are not one of the top four teams in the nation. They might be, by the end of the season... but right now, too many new faces. Too many unsettled positions still.

But of course, any of the front runners could stumble.
Flor St and Oregon (Stanford @ Eugene), and Oklahoma could run the table.
Alabama has a tough road @ LSU, Auburn and Tx A&M @ home
Auburn has LSU and A&M @ home, @ Alabama
LSU, A&M, or Georgia could run the table to their own credit
and Mich St I think at some point before the OSU matchup will jump past the Buckeyes in the polls if they can beat Oregon, plus they have both Mich and OSU at home, with a bye week inbetween.

It's gonna be tough for the Buckeyes to beat the Spartans, and this week will be a good test too... but even if they win them all... not sure they are a top 4 team.

Very true, but at this point being objective, the Buckeyes are not one of the top four teams in the nation. They might be, by the end of the season... but right now, too many new faces. Too many unsettled positions still.

But of course, any of the front runners could stumble.
Flor St and Oregon (Stanford @ Eugene), and Oklahoma could run the table.
Alabama has a tough road @ LSU, Auburn and Tx A&M @ home
Auburn has LSU and A&M @ home, @ Alabama
LSU, A&M, or Georgia could run the table to their own credit
and Mich St I think at some point before the OSU matchup will jump past the Buckeyes in the polls if they can beat Oregon, plus they have both Mich and OSU at home, with a bye week inbetween.

It's gonna be tough for the Buckeyes to beat the Spartans, and this week will be a good test too... but even if they win them all... not sure they are a top 4 team.

I think we have the talent to end up a top four team, it is just whether that talent actually develops. Top to bottom, we have the most athletic roster in the BIG

Don't disagree with the talent level... but they have to build cohesiveness... and that takes time. Too much turnover at too many positions. I wanna see them decide on one rb and stick with him 80% of the game... I don't like the running back by committee (or qb by committee) approach. O-line, safeties, lbs.... they are not settled on starters... or weren't anyway.

Va Tech will be a good test to see who starts and who finishes and if the o-line play builds on the second half of the Navy game, or reverts to the crap they played in the 1st half. No disrespect to Navy - I think they are gonna be a tough matchup for a lot of teams, but the Navy style does NOT play into the strength of the Buckeye's defense. Doesn't do much good if you have a great pass rushing line (in theory) if there is no pass to rush. Va Tech should be a better opponent for the D.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."