• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Xbox One or Playstation 4? What are you getting?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which are you getting?

• Playstation 4

Votes: 89 59.3%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 39 26.0%
  • Both Suck.. PC RULES!

Votes: 22 14.7%

• Total voters
I'm looking for a Bioware esque RPG. I loved KOTOR, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect. Hell I loved Jade Empire too. I have both the bone and the ps4. Still have my old box too.

tbh, I'm more excited for the ps4 more than the game. I think the white ps4 looks dope.

Exactly. The white just look like sex to me. Sold my black one and used the cash to get the white one.

I'm looking for a Bioware esque RPG. I loved KOTOR, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect. Hell I loved Jade Empire too. I have both the bone and the ps4. Still have my old box too.

Get Child of Light on the PS4. It's download only and not too long but it's fun and the graphics are gorgeous.

EDIT: I don't really know jack about RPGs and heard that CoL is one because of the upgrading system and turn-based combat. Have no clue how it plays against the others you've mentioned.

The Last of Us is a must have. Not exactly an RPG, but a great story.

Exactly. The white just look like sex to me. Sold my black one and used the cash to get the white one.

Same thoughts RE: the white Xbox:

xbox-one-white-selling-on-ebay.jpg

Think I'm going to save my pennies and get for myself for Christmas. Going to be a hell of a wait but hopefully there's some Christmas specials I can take advantage of.

Just on that, does anyone know if game consoles are included in Boxing Day sales? If I can get it cheaper a day later, I'd definitely rather do that.

Same thoughts RE: the white Xbox:

xbox-one-white-selling-on-ebay.jpg

Think I'm going to save my pennies and get for myself for Christmas. Going to be a hell of a wait but hopefully there's some Christmas specials I can take advantage of.

Just on that, does anyone know if game consoles are included in Boxing Day sales? If I can get it cheaper a day later, I'd definitely rather do that.

I have no idea about boxing day as I'm an American and we don't do that. But game systems, especially new systems, very rarely have any kind of price break for holidays. If you see anything, it'll be a bundle with added games, or something else. After the system has been out 3-4 years, you start seeing the big price reductions etc.

Basically, retailers make little from new systems and can't afford to offer price drops on hot items that everyone is going to want. In a few years when demand drops, then you start seeing the price cuts and awesome bundles.

I have no idea about boxing day as I'm an American and we don't do that. But game systems, especially new systems, very rarely have any kind of price break for holidays. If you see anything, it'll be a bundle with added games, or something else. After the system has been out 3-4 years, you start seeing the big price reductions etc.

Basically, retailers make little from new systems and can't afford to offer price drops on hot items that everyone is going to want. In a few years when demand drops, then you start seeing the price cuts and awesome bundles.

That's a shame. Looks like I might have to just swallow the price for now. Are well, better start saving!

Can't speak for Xbox One but on PS4 its basically the same game as far as the features and UI go as last year, but the gameplay out of the box is phenomenal. I used to destroy the CPU on all madden in my franchises and the game would get boring after a couple seasons, even with slidrs heavily weighted toward the CPU. This year, though, I'm playing on All-Pro and I'm having realistic games and losing about half the time with the Browns. I'm a pretty good player, so this is saying a lot about how much better the AI plays.

Drew Brees picked my defense apart, I just couldn't stop him. Lost 17-34. I decimated the Steelers secondary because they tried to keep Polamalu close to the line of scrimmage and the rest of their secondary is trash, and I was all over Big Ben because they have no OL. Fucker escaped about 6 sacks, but I still got him 7 times. Won that game handily. Couldn't run on the Titans at all, but they couldn't pass on me. Won a low scoring game. Won a close scrappy game against the Ravens where neither of us did much on offense. So far each team I've played is a unique challenge based on their roster and scheme strengths and weaknesses, which I've never felt has been the case in the past, at least not to this level. Once you had a formula to win it prettty much worked universally in the past, this year you have to adjust your game to your opponent a lot more.

The running game has been dramatically improved; its a bit challenging at first because I'm conditioned to sprint 100% of the time but it punishes you for that this year. Your OL actually matters now, you have to have vision and patience, set up blocks and hit holes correctly to have success. 3-4 defense still kind of blows though, better off switching to a 4-3 like every year. Hopefully they'll get that right eventually.

I have not played online as I find in years past to have just been a cheese fest, so I can't say what that's like this year. But franchise mode or whatever they're calling it now vs the CPU is actually very enjoyable. I recommend getting it this year, its the first one in a few years where I don't have buyer's remorse.

Reactions: Biw
Can't speak for Xbox One but on PS4 its basically the same game as far as the features and UI go as last year, but the gameplay out of the box is phenomenal. I used to destroy the CPU on all madden in my franchises and the game would get boring after a couple seasons, even with slidrs heavily weighted toward the CPU. This year, though, I'm playing on All-Pro and I'm having realistic games and losing about half the time with the Browns. I'm a pretty good player, so this is saying a lot about how much better the AI plays.

Drew Brees picked my defense apart, I just couldn't stop him. Lost 17-34. I decimated the Steelers secondary because they tried to keep Polamalu close to the line of scrimmage and the rest of their secondary is trash, and I was all over Big Ben because they have no OL. Fucker escaped about 6 sacks, but I still got him 7 times. Won that game handily. Couldn't run on the Titans at all, but they couldn't pass on me. Won a low scoring game. Won a close scrappy game against the Ravens where neither of us did much on offense. So far each team I've played is a unique challenge based on their roster and scheme strengths and weaknesses, which I've never felt has been the case in the past, at least not to this level. Once you had a formula to win it prettty much worked universally in the past, this year you have to adjust your game to your opponent a lot more.

The running game has been dramatically improved; its a bit challenging at first because I'm conditioned to sprint 100% of the time but it punishes you for that this year. Your OL actually matters now, you have to have vision and patience, set up blocks and hit holes correctly to have success. 3-4 defense still kind of blows though, better off switching to a 4-3 like every year. Hopefully they'll get that right eventually.

I have not played online as I find in years past to have just been a cheese fest, so I can't say what that's like this year. But franchise mode or whatever they're calling it now vs the CPU is actually very enjoyable. I recommend getting it this year, its the first one in a few years where I don't have buyer's remorse.

One reason I haven't bought a Madden game in probably 5 years is because It was always so easy to win... I was destroying teams with the Browns when we sucked. haha, So i stopped... so if you are saying the CPU AI is finally up to par and a challenge i might have to give it a try.

I can't think of too many great RPGs on either new system right now. If you haven't played The Witcher 2, that's a really good RPG that is available on the 360.

Do you have a PC? If so, you should check out Divinity: Original Sin. It's an old-school, Baldur's Gate style isometric RPG. If you never played Baldur's Gate, it's an older BioWare game that was sort of a foundation for their later games like KOTOR and Dragon Age.

I can't think of too many great RPGs on either new system right now. If you haven't played The Witcher 2, that's a really good RPG that is available on the 360.

Do you have a PC? If so, you should check out Divinity: Original Sin. It's an old-school, Baldur's Gate style isometric RPG. If you never played Baldur's Gate, it's an older BioWare game that was sort of a foundation for their later games like KOTOR and Dragon Age.
Divinity is actually on the 360 too. The original was beyond awful.

How long does it take for the Witcher 2 to get rolling? I've tried a couple times but just can't get into it. I believe I stopped playing when you're trying to find a way to disable the ballista, right at the very beginning of the game.

How long does it take for the Witcher 2 to get rolling? I've tried a couple times but just can't get into it. I believe I stopped playing when you're trying to find a way to disable the ballista, right at the very beginning of the game.

You gotta get through that long intro segment. Once you do the game really opens up.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."