• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Finished the second season of The Walking Dead. I thought the ending was a little weak, and season two was definitely inferior to season one. Still a good game, but the cast of characters this time around just couldn't hold up to the group from the first game. Lee alone was better than any character from season two, and I got annoyed at how everyone kept asking Clementine, who is like twelve years old, to solve every goddamn problem. It's just insanely unrealistic. I like Clementine and all, but she's just not a good choice for the playable character.

I did find it interesting how differently the end of this season can go depending on the choices you make at the end. I talked to one of my TF2 buddies right after finishing (he finished it a few days ago) and his ending was literally entirely different. Going to put the rest in spoiler tags.

I chose to shoot Kenny and save Jane, and then to forgive Jane. He chose to let Kenny kill Jane and then to shoot Kenny. I ended up going back to the Howe's store from episode three with Jane and the baby and deciding to set up camp there. Three other survivors showed up and I decided to let them in. His ending was much like the ending of season one, with Clementine (and the baby) in a field. A herd of zombies approached and she found a corpse and coated herself with entrails. It ended with her walking through the herd.

I'm curious how they will start season three with such different finales depending on the choices you made. I may actually want to play through season two making different decisions just to see what happens for season three, which I have to imagine is a lock at this point.

Regardless, Telltale really needs to introduce some better characters next season, because that was this one's major weakness.

Getting back into pokemon X, no clue why i stopped playing :/

Finished the second season of The Walking Dead. I thought the ending was a little weak, and season two was definitely inferior to season one. Still a good game, but the cast of characters this time around just couldn't hold up to the group from the first game. Lee alone was better than any character from season two, and I got annoyed at how everyone kept asking Clementine, who is like twelve years old, to solve every goddamn problem. It's just insanely unrealistic. I like Clementine and all, but she's just not a good choice for the playable character.

I did find it interesting how differently the end of this season can go depending on the choices you make at the end. I talked to one of my TF2 buddies right after finishing (he finished it a few days ago) and his ending was literally entirely different. Going to put the rest in spoiler tags.

I chose to shoot Kenny and save Jane, and then to forgive Jane. He chose to let Kenny kill Jane and then to shoot Kenny. I ended up going back to the Howe's store from episode three with Jane and the baby and deciding to set up camp there. Three other survivors showed up and I decided to let them in. His ending was much like the ending of season one, with Clementine (and the baby) in a field. A herd of zombies approached and she found a corpse and coated herself with entrails. It ended with her walking through the herd.

I'm curious how they will start season three with such different finales depending on the choices you made. I may actually want to play through season two making different decisions just to see what happens for season three, which I have to imagine is a lock at this point.

Regardless, Telltale really needs to introduce some better characters next season, because that was this one's major weakness.

I did the exact same thing as you in regards to ending. Saw that there was an entirely different third ending with Kenny as well if you choose to push on with him. Will definitely be interesting to see how they start the third. However, unlike you I found more of the characters interesting. Granted the affection for Kenny spawned from season one, but I also cared about Jane, Luke and Sarah. Clem being asked to decide huge directions for the group was very unrealistic though and took me out of the game a few times.

Anyone with a PS4... I'd recommend checking out The Swapper. Really fun game based in a sci-fi type of environment where you have to make clones in order to reach certain parts of the levels and complete puzzles. Simple to pick up but puzzles can get challenging. Great indie game.

I'm in the midst of a move right now so all of my systems are packed up. I've been playing Monkey Island on my Mac lately. Used that to entertain myself while I waited for my mom to get out of surgery yesterday. I forgot how much I love that game.

I'm in the midst of a move right now so all of my systems are packed up. I've been playing Monkey Island on my Mac lately. Used that to entertain myself while I waited for my mom to get out of surgery yesterday. I forgot how much I love that game.

Such a great series. I wish they'd bring it back.

The Curse of Monkey Island remains one of my favorite games of all-time. It looks like a cartoon and has some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a game.

"How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

So Shadow of Mordor has been getting some great reviews. I wasn't expecting the game to be bad, really, but I also wasn't expecting it to be anything particularly special.

100 from Joystiq
95 from Polygon
93 from IGN
90 from The Escapist
87 from GameTrailers

I knew almost nothing about this game before reading these reviews, but they are really making me want to buy it.

It looks pretty good. Some of the scores seem a bit inflated. Gamespot gave it an 8 and I'm willing to bet it's closer to that than a 100 or 9.3 or whatnot.

I'm definitely intrigued though.

It looks pretty good. Some of the scores seem a bit inflated. Gamespot gave it an 8 and I'm willing to bet it's closer to that than a 100 or 9.3 or whatnot.

I'm definitely intrigued though.

Having read through numerous reviews, the game just sounds like a lot of fun. The Nemesis system seems really cool, and the consensus is that it works pretty well and actually impacts the game. The combat is basically just ripped from the Batman games, which is about the best place to steal from if you're making an action game. I love the idea of an Assassin's Creed style game set in Middle Earth.

You're probably right that it's closer to an 8 than a 10, but an 8 is still a very good game. I went ahead and pre-ordered it last night. Looking forward to giving it a go. I'll post my thoughts in here whenever I get it from Amazon.

Friend of mine who owns a PS4 picked up FIFA 15. We've started a season with Sheffield United in the English 3rd division and I must admit, it is certainly an improvement from last season. As someone who has played every FIFA incarnation since 96 and been severely disappointed with the renditions of the last few years, I've come away enjoying a lot of the gameplay improvements in this edition. The GUI is fantastic, but I just wish they would do more with "Manager Mode." It's just soo simplistic and stagnant sometimes. More needs to happen - I mean, surely in 4th generation consoles, it's not hard to create variable cut scenes every few matches, right?

Last edited:
Getting back into pokemon X, no clue why i stopped playing :/

Any idea if a ROM will ever become available for 3DS? I actually prefer emulator gaming (on account of the ability to "save state" etc), but it seems like there's no options for this as yet?

Any idea if a ROM will ever become available for 3DS? I actually prefer emulator gaming (on account of the ability to "save state" etc), but it seems like there's no options for this as yet?

the ROMs are out there but there is no emulator, the only one is a scam. a nice looking scam, but a scam lol

wont be a decent one for a few years still IMO

the ROMs are out there but there is no emulator, the only one is a scam. a nice looking scam, but a scam lol

wont be a decent one for a few years still IMO

Whoops, that's what I meant! I do find it strange that a ROM exists. I mean, what's the point of the ROM if there's no emulator available to host it? Really hope they can get one produced and released sooner rather than later - I've wanted to play a fully 3D Pokemon game since the days of black and white Pokemon Blue gaming!

Whoops, that's what I meant! I do find it strange that a ROM exists. I mean, what's the point of the ROM if there's no emulator available to host it? Really hope they can get one produced and released sooner rather than later - I've wanted to play a fully 3D Pokemon game since the days of black and white Pokemon Blue gaming!

its pretty fun, not gonna lie but you really gotta be into pokemon and not just Gen 1/2 to REALLY love it cuz deep down its the same old shit :/

Shadow of Mordor is really awesome

Im not an MMO fan at all but I love LOTR and the Assassins Creed-like combat

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."