• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Addressing the hole at center

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm not the first to say it'd be disappointing if the Utah guys are cut without obtaining another asset or rim protector in return.

I'm not the first to say it'd be disappointing if the Utah guys are cut without obtaining another asset or rim protector in return.

After Hawes and Deng guess that's the new Cav's way.

After Hawes and Deng guess that's the new Cav's way.

The cap holds for those two players were huge, and would have prevented chasing LeBron if they were retained. The trades started turning around the poisonous locker room. I wasn't a big fan of the Deng trade when it was made, but he definitely helped get Irving and Dion out of some bad offensive habits. Can't criticize Hawes trade value either... he helped those guards learn to use a Kevin Love type of offensive big man.

I just posted in the FA thread why Haywood is, IMO, a big question mark, despite The Bullshit Whisperer's reporting that he is ready to play -- nearly 35 years, missed all of last year with a severe injury, was bad in the last season he did play -- but who knows, maybe a good diet can get him back on the right track.

Anyway, Fesenko was mentioned up-thread. Would seem unlikely since he did in fact play for Canton last year and if the Cavs liked him they surely would have given him a shot. However, he played well in summer league for Minny (must admit, I didn't see him), and Darren Wolfson tweeted this today:

Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson · 1h
Word is center @KyryloFesenko is down over 20 pounds. #Twolves really liked him in Vegas. Like Heslip, he too makes sense for training camp.

That doesn't mean he has been given an invite, and as we know, Minny is already at its roster limit of 15 guaranteed contracts, with GR3 still unsigned.

Utah fans are still following him!

http://www.slcdunk.com/2014/7/10/58...tah-jazz-minnesota-timberwolves-windmill-dunk

What about a guy that's not a rim protector but when he played the top centers in the league he more than held his own in rebounds and scoring. And if I remember correctly Espn ranking of players had him higher than most guys being considered for back up center. He is a PF that has played out of position for all of his career at center. He's still fairly young and I think LBJ likes him.

Yes u got it-JJ Hickson. Makes about 5M a year. I know a fan favorite in Cleveland:D

Last edited:
What about a guy that's not a rim protector but when he played the top centers in the league he more than held his own in rebounds and scoring. And if I remember correctly Espn ranking of players had him higher than most guys being considered for back up center. He is a PF that has played out of position for all of his career at center. He's still fairly young and I think LBJ likes him.

Yes u got it-JJ Hickson. Makes about 5M a year. I know a fan favorite in Cleveland:D

I don't think it's a terrible idea, but why not use TT in that role? He is a better version of Hickson IMO, and is probably a better defender. People complain about his defense, but he is a good post defender.

I'm guessing the Cavs likely don't have much interest in Raduljica. The Clips apparently waived/stretched his salary. I'm sure they would've preferred to deal him for one of the Cavs nonguaranteed contracts rather than using the stretch provision, so I will assume Rivers must've contacted the Cavs before waiving him?

I feel like we may be able to steal Miles Plumlee from Phoenix. I feel like he'd be the perfect fit with LeBron and Love. Alex Len is presumably healthy and Plumlee was starting to lose minutes at the end of the season (not to Len). His salary is pretty low as well.

Udoh signed with the Clippers today (one-year, $1M deal) per Woj.

The Bullshit Whisperer said in his chat that Udoh was never a target for the Cavs.

Reactions: Lee

The Bullshit Whisperer said in his chat that Udoh was never a target for the Cavs.

He is a shot blocker, but not really a center. I wouldnt have minded for sure, but not the perfect fit for what we need.

The Bullshit Whisperer also said the following in today's chat, which is consistent with what he has been saying all summer:

12:07

Comment From John
Chances Cavs go after Mosgov or another rim protector?
12:09
phpq2BBrMAmico.jpg
Sam The Bullshit Whisperer:
John, 100 percent. They will land a rim protector before the season. Not sure who, and it might not happen until well into training camp. But they're determined to find someone. I keep touting Jan Vesely, but I haven't heard of a Cavs interest in him yet.

I find the suggestion of a combo forward like Vesely (whom The Bullshit Whisperer has mocked in the past, IIRC) as a potential "rim protector" as rather amusing.

The Bullshit Whisperer also said the following in today's chat, which is consistent with what he has been saying all summer:

I find the suggestion of a combo forward like Vesely (whom The Bullshit Whisperer has mocked in the past, IIRC) as a potential "rim protector" as rather amusing.

He also said Haywood is in GREAT shape.

Vesley's only chance in the NBA is to become a center IMO. He doesn't even really have the skills of a pf. He is athletic and can dunk, but he has a lot of holes in his game. I think he is a bust.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."