• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anderson Varejao

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Guys I want to make some mixes/highlights of Cavaliers players, especially Andy.

Does somebody know a site where I can download full Cavaliers games from the past seasons?
Wanted to start with highlights from Andy against Dallas on January 20th this year.
But can't find a good HD rip of this game....

From hoopshype:

Anderson Varejao: I want to retire in Cleveland

September 01, 2014 @ 03:27 PM ET by Raul Barrigon

varejaolebrono6250351.jpg

Did you ever think that you would be playing with LeBron again after The Decision?

Anderson Varejao: I did!
I wasn't sure when, but I thought there was a chance for him to come back. I didn't expect it now, but eventually, because he's from there, I thought there was a chance.

He always has shown love for the city of Cleveland, but I guess people thought that maybe he was going to return in the twilight of his career, not in his prime like he has done.

AV:
Yes, and now he's here with us again. All these years there were a lot of people on my ear telling me that I should ask for a trade because LeBron wasn't there and the team was in a rebuilding process. They told me I should leave, that I should go to another team and try to help win a title and I always said no, I won't. I don't need to leave. I like the city, I like the people here, and I'm going to keep fighting through this. And now that LeBron is back the people is telling me I did the right thing [laughs].

Now that Kevin Love is your teammate, will your role change?

AV:
I don't think it's going to change. I played with LeBron for six years and what I did was playing defense, setting screens for everybody, fighting for every rebound and being ready on the offensive side when I get the ball.

Kyrie Irving is with Team USA. Do you think this World Cup will help him for the NBA season?

AV:
Playing in Spain will be good for him in terms of experience, but things are going to be good for him playing with LeBron as well. He's going to learn a lot from LeBron. I believe this season he could play more like Chris Paul, not having to score so much. Now that we have LeBron, Love and all the guys who can score he's not going to need to go to the basket as much.

The title is the goal.

AV:
We can talk about that now. We're going to fight for the title no doubt. I think if we all stay healthy this season, it's going to go down to that. This season San Antonio won because they got hot at the right time and now I think we really have a good chance to win the ring.

But the Spurs' core has been together for so many years... Do you think the team will have a good chemistry soon?

AV:
Sometimes it takes some time to have it, for everybody to get on the same page, to know what to do. And we have a new coach, new system, a lot of new things going on. But we're going to have to stay patient and grow as a team.

varejaoo6250351.jpg

How has been the reaction in the city after LeBron's return?

AV:
All my friends were in Cleveland when LeBron announced that he was coming back and they told me 'Oh my God the city's going crazy right now.' It's good to see Cleveland like that, I'm happy for Cleveland, I love it.

You've played 10 seasons in the NBA, all of them in Cleveland. You will be in a contract year this season. What do you expect?

AV: I want to stay in Cleveland, I really don't think about that. They know what I want to do, they know I want to stay

Would you like to retire in Cleveland?

AV: I want to

What can you tell us about the Raptors drafting Brazilian forward Bruno Caboclo?
AV:
It was a susprise to me. I had seen him twice, during an NBA Cares event in Brazil, and the other time was in a 3x3 Tournament in Brazil. He was in the dunk competition. I never saw him play, but I've heard a lot of good things about him.

http://hoopshype.com/interviews/barrigon/anderson-varejao-i-want-to-retire-in-cleveland

I could get yelled at for this, but I think TT would work well at center with our starting lineup. TT may not be that tall, but he has plenty of strength. One of the reasons TT has so many shots blocked, is he gets a lot of offensive rebounds and tries to put them back up in heavy traffic.

Height doesn't really matter, but wingspan does. I don't know what his wingspan is now, but it wasn't particularly huge when he got drafted

Andy is one of the best and most loyal athletes in Cleveland, but is always left out of the discussion when the subject is brought up.

Andy has always been my favorite Cavalier, and even with the LeBron's, Love's, and Kyrie's we've got now, that isn't changing.

Andy gets his number retired if he plays his entire career here, right? The organization is almost forced to if they set the "retired jersey" bar at Bingo Smith.

Andy gets his number retired if he plays his entire career here, right? The organization is almost forced to if they set the "retired jersey" bar at Bingo Smith.

I think so. I wonder if he will hit any special mile markers like most rebounds or something like that. It's possible, but maybe less likely now that Lebron is back. If he gets a couple of rings it is much more likely as well.

I think he has to, based on his immeasurable popularity alone. But more than that, Andy has and always will be a personification of the city of Cleveland. Tough, underdog, grit, hustle, passion, emotion, desire, never say die etc. Andy holds all the personal and cultural values the organization forever aspires to. Combine that with his perpetual commitment to the city and the organization and a jersey retirement is a no-brainer IMO.

Really wish Andy wasn't playing in this given his health issues in recent seasons. We will need him more than ever this year in the middle.

Really wish Andy wasn't playing in this given his health issues in recent seasons. We will need him more than ever this year in the middle.

The best part of all this Is T.T a double double guy Is on the bench now. You can play Bron or Marion at the 4 any ways T.T and A.V can occupy the center role If need be.

How do you look back at the last four years, not only not playing with LeBron, but not being able to play a full season?
Varejao: Tough four years for me. It was very tough on me. It wasn’t easy, because every year that I was doing well, people were talking about All-Star, this and that, and then I would get hurt. So it wasn’t easy, but it’s all past now. The good thing is that I’m in shape, I’m healthy, and I’m looking forward to the next season.

I love how he just skips over the fact that he almost died from that injury-induced infection he ended up getting in 2011-12....what was that again??

I love how he just skips over the fact that he almost died from that injury-induced infection he ended up getting in 2011-12....what was that again??

It was a blood clot, not an infection. Friend of a friend recently lost her husband because of one. It's no joke.

I don't see how he doesn't end up with his number retired if he retires here. He's ridiculously popular, has turned from a role-player to a borderline elite player at his position, and has been a key contributor in most of our best years in the past decade and will be a key contributor for a few years going forward. As a player, I don't think he's much worse than Z, another guy who just had his number retired.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."