• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

"Well Documented, Even Outside the Bible"

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It got serious when he posted that angelfire link about flawed carbon dating and dinosaurs being a myth, using citations from Christian Science books, the bible, and what seemed like actual science books citing a few cases of carbon dating being wrong (from the 1960s).

If that doesn't convince you guys, I don't know what will. Sheeple.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone try to justify The Bible by using The Bible as the point of reference...

I'm not questioning Jesus' existence; I'm questioning the reliability of the documents that say he was a divine miracle worker some 40-150 years after the fact.

These numbers may be a little skewed from the range of all scholars. I do not think your doubt comes from not writing it down right away. Would the date of the writing matter to you as long as the events took place as written?

Not a single contemporary of Jesus writes about him. Not a single follower/disciple of Jesus writes about him. The earliest references to Jesus were written by followers of followers of Jesus who were attempting to promote their own religious agenda. No disinterested, neutral source writes about the veracity of the Biblical divine and miracle claims about Jesus.

Authorship is also debatable. As long as the facts are correct, I think you would have no problem with who actually wrote the manuscripts. What interests me is when you say the followers of Jesus were attempting to promote their own religious agenda. Can you expound upon this more so I can see how you came to this conclusion?

I feel like we should have helped him instead of casting him out. Poor guy is demented and will probably become a serial killer one day, believing he's doing the work of god. All of those future murders will be on Randolphkeys' head. Way to go!

I feel like we should have helped him instead of casting him out. Poor guy is demented and will probably become a serial killer one day, believing he's doing the work of god. All of those future murders will be on Randolphkeys' head. Way to go!

That poster wouldn't have been casted out had they not acted like such an arrogant, demeaning prick.

We don't have to change the reaction to that kind of behavior because the subject matter is religion.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
Susan b Anthony -- in 1896, addressing the National American Woman Suffrage Association meeting

to the carbon dating thing. its a fool hardy argument that challenges the supporter to prove the dating as 100% accurate.

Also its a foolish argument for the Christians to debunk merely because the results dont match certain citations in the bible when the method validates so many other events that Christians use to support events depicted in the bible.

- Pilates monument
-Mehmete Stone
- Soddom and Gomorrah
- Moses exile from egypt.
etc...
Throw out the ecidence that debunk relatively minor excerts from the Bible and you throw out Substantial archeological evidence that has supported many christian evenets that have come under fire the last 2 thousand years.

We arent perfect beings neither should the bible be perfect. this is a fundamental flaw to Extreme Christians remaining inflexible to what they believe the bible teaches.

Speaking of believing that he's doing the work of God, I wonder how these clowns are going:

article-2655310-1EAB47AC00000578-544_634x327.jpg

I will never understand how one can be so completely misinformed and mislead about their own religion. It really boggles my mind.

I suspect that isn't religious ideology that leads one to militant-ism. I imagine most militants are not all that religious, or weren't initially (and probably still aren't). Well, rather they had very strong militant leanings/tendencies for any number of reasons that were exploited by a group with their own agenda. The religious ideology bullshit is mostly window dressing, perhaps done to help drive home a message.

Take a disenfranchised person for whatever reason (economic poverty, existential boredom, inveterate shithead) and force feed them a militant ideology but one that is rather generic when stripped of its labels, you get a militant, not a devoutly religious person. Being a strict ideologue doesn't make one religious, it only makes one a blind follower of a set of rules--those rules could be any set of rules. In this case it just happens to be a grossly distorted set of tenets of Islam, distorted by those who want to control a group of people.

One could easily substitute any religion in for Islam, and end up with the same results. The religion itself doesn't matter much.

I will never understand how one can be so completely misinformed and mislead about their own religion. It really boggles my mind.

I guess the way I have come to understand it is that they aren't misinformed about their religion, it's just that their religion is different and violent.

Obviously they are picking and choosing what parts of their holy scripts to interpret literally, but every sect pretty much does this to one extent or the other. The ISIS Islam is in a way a wholly different religion from the majority peaceful Islam, they just share the same religious text.

In other words, saying something like "Christianity is X" or "Islam is Y" doesn't seem to hold much value, because even among Christian religions there are dozens of different interpretations, and really none of them are wholly literal. Catholicism is no more the "true Christian religion" than Presbyterianism.

I feel that if you believe in a radical religious form, and a bunch of other people believe that same thing, then you are all "right" about your religion, it's just a completely different one than we see elsewhere. I think viewing it like this helps explain how they can so easily dismiss the peaceful Muslim protests, because ISIS views them the same as a Catholic would view another Christian telling him he is wrong. Bat-shit crazy violent people are going to join the bat-shit crazy violent religion, which just happens to use the Quran because that's dominant in the region.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."