• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Battle for the AL Central Pt. II -|- Indians vs. Tigers -|- Sept. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Nice loss to start the month!

Fuck Mike Aviles, but also now worried about Kluber.

Well, this was Kluber's worst start of the season.

Like I said before, we'd still be in good shape taking 3 out of 4.

Can't win them all, with a dominant lefty on the mound in Price and getting in late from KC, I expected a loss.

At the very least, try to scrape together two of the next three. We're fine.

Tomorrow's dead crowd will be amusing

Every single time the Indians tempt us, and get a big series at home, with people out at the ballpark, who finally bought into the team... they lose... usually in this fashion. It's been happening for years now, and it's not fair, but it's why fans think that this team isn't worth following. Every time they get lured back, they get smacked with a hard dose of what they feel is "reality"

Every single time the Indians tempt us, and get a big series at home, with people out at the ballpark, who finally bought into the team... they lose... usually in this fashion. It's been happening for years now, and it's not fair, but it's why fans think that this team isn't worth following. Every time they get lured back, they get smacked with a hard dose of what they feel is "reality"

1) 23,296 showed up today, many of them Tigers fans. I don't think people have "finally bought into the team"

2) "Reality" is baseball is a sport where you can get your ass kicked from time to time, no matter how good or bad you are. The just (pretty much) swept a division rival on the road but you're choosing to pick today's game to focus on. I'm tired of the excuses for why fans don't follow them - they just don't, and that's fine...it's their choice...but these guys are busting their asses every day and IMO playing above their heads right now when they could have easily packed it in at the deadline.

3) Let's let this series play out, shall we?

If the Indians don't win the remaining three games of the series (and they won't), 3 games will be the closest they get to WC or division the rest of the way.

I'm surprised they are only behind this many games to begin with. I wasn't able to watch many games because of my work schedule this summer and any time I checked the score of a game they seemingly always had lost. To my surprise they are actually over .500 with a positive run differential. Who knew.

I'm surprised they are only behind this many games to begin with. I wasn't able to watch many games because of my work schedule this summer and any time I checked the score of a game they seemingly always had lost. To my surprise they are actually over .500 with a positive run differential. Who knew.

Me.

I never doubted these guys would have just enough in them to get a few diehards on board towards the end of the season before imploding. I mentioned it somewhere in the Manziel and WTF threads before the season started if you want to look.

Oh, I never doubted that they could be a .500 team, I just assumed they were in last place based off the ESPN scores I kept seeing. I guess I could have taken 3 seconds of my time to look at standings or even clicked the box score to see the Indians actual record, but time is valuable.

Things the Indians need to do:

1. Trade Corey Kluber. Big game, lots of fans in the stands, and he chokes. He is thus not a winner, and not someone fans will come out to see. Maybe they can get a prospect for him.

2. Fire Micky Callaway. Callaway noted a week ago that the team noticed Kluber was throwing a little across his body but since he had been doing so well they just left it. He has now gotten out of sorts and it is because Callaway sat on his hands and did nothing. Time to find a new team where you can ignore mechanical flaws, Callaway, while you sit back in your lounge chair with your mai tai in hand.

3. Fire Terry Francona. He has done a terrible job of getting wins out of a team that went to the playoffs last year. He lost one guy of any value, Scott Kazmir, and he was the 5th starter. In his place he recieved Carlos Carrasco who has defied the horrible coaching on the Tribe and rebounded to be useful.

4. Stop playing so many rookies. In a pivotal game, on Labor Day, with the entire season in the balance, Francona goes and plays 5 rookies (Ramirez, Aguilar, Holt, Walters, Perez). Then the rookie pitchers went and put the game out of reach (Price, Adams). Teams do not win packed-house, crucial games with lots of fans with a bunch fo rookies. Season wasted on Francona's love of the youngsters.

5. Stop playing so many vets. All of these guys are washed up and yet Francona keeps running them out there. Bourn, Aviles, Slumptana. He steals a crucial devellopmental AB from Aguilar yesterday by pinch hitting Giambi. Francona falls in love wth his vets and plays them even when he shouldn't. His love affair with Mike Aviles is becoming absurd, they need a restraining order on this.

6. Prepare for Francona's replacement. Because there is no way a two-time World Series champion stays on here with how awful this team is in big-game, packed-house, Labor Day day games that the team plays after flying in at 4am in the morning after MLB had them as a Sunday night game that lo and behold went extra innings. No way the Tribe hangs on to him, he probably quits in disgust after the Tribe misses the playoffs.

These are the things that the Tribe needs to do if they ever plan on winning anything. As it stands, I am amazed they are even over .500, let alone not the worst team in baseball after the game we witnessed yesterday. I have a feeling this game was the norm and the previous month was the outlier.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."