• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Cavs vs Bulls Series

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Gasol tends to play his best in international competition it seems.

I still have a hard time truly believing that the Bulls can beat the Cavaliers in a 7 game series. Early on I was buying the Bulls hype, but now I'm having a harder time doing so. McDermott and Mirotic are rookies, Pau is 34 years old and has problems on defense, Rose is still a question mark.

Cleveland still needs a solid backup center and maybe some more youth at the wing, but other than that I just don't think the Bulls are going to be able to stay with Cleveland for a whole series.

Cavs to the Finals if they are healthy.

Whether you have a dominant post presence or a wing/pg who can create off the dribble, you need multiple players that can break the D and create shots. That was the point. A dominant post player has the same effect as a guy who can create off the bounce. Pulls the defense and opens things up. It's the same idea, just a different way to do it.

Bulls matchup very well with the Cavs. They will struggle to score even with D. Rose though.

Noah/Gibson would cover Love while Gasol takes Varejao. Butler is a really damn good defender. Nobody can stop LeBron, but besides Kawhi and maybe a couple others, there aren't much better on D than Butler from what I have seen. Maybe stats don't back that up... not sure.

If Rose is healthy, I think LeBron's focus should be locking him up and let the other Cavs take a bigger role on offense. If we are trying to defend an MVP level Rose with Kyrie though.... it's gonna be a tough series.

Rose form should be enough to question the bulls..
I would wait and see how he does in preseason. That said they're gonna need him in at least All-Star form to beat us.

It will be interesting to see how much Pau Gasol will play power forward this next year. With the way the game has evolved and with Pau not getting any quicker, I feel like Center is the best position for him and has been for quite awhile now. I feel like Love won't have a ton of difficulty guarding Gibson or Noah, so I would look for Blatt to cross match with Andy taking on Gasol.

I see us going small quite a bit in this series though with Love at the 5, and LeBron at the 4 with Miller at 3, or LeBron at the 3, and Marion at the 4. I see Chicago having an extremely difficult time matching up with that lineup as they typically use Butler (their two guard) to check LeBron. I don't see Thibs being crazy enough to put any of his bigs on LeBron, so that would leave one of them having to guard the perimeter. I also like the idea of Love dragging their only rim protector away from the hoop.

I also see floor spacing as potentially being a problem for Chicago. They do have a few really quality perimeter shooters, but they will be exploited on the other end of the floor (Dunleavy, Mirotic and McDermot) and they don't have much shooting in the back court.

If we go small against Chicago that would help us a lot, imo.
Love won't have problems guarding Noah as he is very limited offensively and not a force in the low post.
James guards Pau EASILY:

It will be interesting to see how much Pau Gasol will play power forward this next year. With the way the game has evolved and with Pau not getting any quicker, I feel like Center is the best position for him and has been for quite awhile now. I feel like Love won't have a ton of difficulty guarding Gibson or Noah, so I would look for Blatt to cross match with Andy taking on Gasol.

I see us going small quite a bit in this series though with Love at the 5, and LeBron at the 4 with Miller at 3, or LeBron at the 3, and Marion at the 4. I see Chicago having an extremely difficult time matching up with that lineup as they typically use Butler (their two guard) to check LeBron. I don't see Thibs being crazy enough to put any of his bigs on LeBron, so that would leave one of them having to guard the perimeter. I also like the idea of Love dragging their only rim protector away from the hoop.

I also see floor spacing as potentially being a problem for Chicago. They do have a few really quality perimeter shooters, but they will be exploited on the other end of the floor (Dunleavy, Mirotic and McDermot) and they don't have much shooting in the back court.

The Bulls forum feel like they can counter going small by having a guy like McDermott play the 4. They'll crossmatch with Butler taking James and McDermott taking either Marion or Miller on defense. Like I said it all seems good on paper for them but then you think about it and they are again putting a lot of hope of on two rookies playing like their veterans. (i.e. if they go small with Noah, McDermott, Butler, Rose, and Dunleavy/HinrIch versus Love, Lebron, Marion, Waiters, and Irving we'll still have a lot easier time getting baskets. The Bulls are basically really depending on McDermott to score against Lebron/Marion to generate enough offense to keep up with us)

I would wait and see how he does in preseason. That said they're gonna need him in at least All-Star form to beat us.
Think they need him in superstar form to be honest.

Snell can create off the dribble? McDermott is going to be breaking down defenses at this level? Brewer still a Bull? Rose playing at 80% is anything but a disappointment? Who is this guy?

Lebrons ball denial face tho lol

Screencap

dipCdNP.png

bulls fans seem to be hyping their rookies, are they worth the hype?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."