• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Annual RCF Rate My Team/Who to Play Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Would you trade Marques Colston and Toby Gerhart for AJ Green?
My other backs are Jamal Charles, Shane Verren/Steven Ridley, and Darren McFadden
I know it would make me very thin at RB...do you think I have enough RB depth to pull this deal.

Thanks!

12 man league

QB-Stafford
RB-Charles
RB-Gerhart
WR-B. Marshall
WR-Emmanuel Sanders
TE-Kyle Rudolph
Flex- Vereen
Def- Patriots Def
K- N. Freese

Colston
R. Randall
Marquis Lee
Ridley
McFadden

J. Gordon (used the last pick in case he uses the injunction...even if he plays just a few games)

Thoughts?

My other backs are Jamal Charles, Shane Verren/Steven Ridley, and Darren McFadden
I know it would make me very thin at RB...do you think I have enough RB depth to pull this deal.

Thanks!

Think about it this way...you'd be trading a receiver who is horribly inconsistent from week to week (Colston) and an unproven running back (Gerhart) for a top five receiver. Unless you're absolutely loaded at receiver, that's a deal. Even if you are, it's still a deal. You can always flip one of your other receivers for a running back. You'll have to address that RB depth at some point, but right now you're being offered an elite WR for two unproven/inconsistent commodities.

Also, ask him who he's going to drop in the deal (assuming he has a full roster and will have to drop someone). If it's a RB, just ask him to throw that guy into the trade.

Tony Romo -QB
Jamal Charles -RB
Ryan Matthews-RB
Julio Jones-WR
DeSean Jackson-WR
Gronk-TE
Kelvin Benjamin -Flex
Dan Bailey -Kicker
Patriots -Defense

Bench:
Knowshown Moreno
Jordan Matthews
Zach Ertz
Lagarette Blount
Amhad Bradshaw
DeAngelo Williams

Gary Barnridge is ranked 71st among tight ends in fantasy... I'm sorry that strikes me as a tad low.

Wes Welker suspended 4 games

Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has been suspended four games for use of amphetamines, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Welker was excused from practice Aug. 20-21 to attend his appeal hearing, sources told ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen.

Welker tested positive from a sample taken shortly after he attended the Kentucky Derby, according to sources. He argued that the sample was tainted.

Looks good for my Cody Latimer pick up.

I just made a blockbuster deal.

I ended up getting Demarco Murray for Frank Gore, Trent Richardson, and Mike Evans.

My current line-up now looks like this:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Arian Foster
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Jordan Reed
Flex: Demarco Murray

DEF: Rams

K: Blair Walsh

BN: Cordarrelle Patterson
BN: Hakeem Nicks
BN: Terrance West
BN: Jericho Cotchery
BN: Alex Smith

Thoughts on my deal, and team as a whole? It ended up being a 3 team deal. I don't trust a 30+ year old Gore and the Niners should be watching his touches this season. I thought it was a no-brainer for me to get another borderline RB1/RB2 to start for 2 players that would probably never see time on my team and Frank Gore. I did mortgage a little bit of my depth though.

I just made a blockbuster deal.

I ended up getting Demarco Murray for Frank Gore, Trent Richardson, and Mike Evans.

My current line-up now looks like this:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Arian Foster
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Jordan Reed
Flex: Demarco Murray

DEF: Rams

K: Blair Walsh

BN: Cordarrelle Patterson
BN: Hakeem Nicks
BN: Terrance West
BN: Jericho Cotchery
BN: Alex Smith

Thoughts on my deal, and team as a whole? It ended up being a 3 team deal. I don't trust a 30+ year old Gore and the Niners should be watching his touches this season. I thought it was a no-brainer for me to get another borderline RB1/RB2 to start for 2 players that would probably never see time on my team and Frank Gore. I did mortgage a little bit of my depth though.

Terrific trade. Murray at your flex spot is crazy; Evans was never gonna start over Johnson/Thomas & isn't a legit every week starter on any team, IMO; T-Rich is T-Rich; and you upgraded Gore to Murray.

Thanks!

Someone really offered you that trade? Accept it. Accept it now. That's like a deal I would send a friend as a joke.

Had a 10 team auction, PPR league tonight. The budget was 200:

QB Matt Ryan - $7
RB Jamaal Charles - $50
RB Le'Veon Bell - $21
WR Jordy Nelson - $27
WR Calvin Johnson - $53
TE Charles Clay - $1
FLEX Julio Jones - $22
K Adam Vinatieri - $1
D/ST Saints - $1
BE Cordarrelle Patterson - $5
BE DeAndre Hopkins - $3
BE Tony Romo - $5
BE Khiry Robinson - $1
BE Jeremy Hill - $1
BE Mark Ingram - $1
BE Knile Davis - $1

They changed the league settings toward the end to only give ten seconds to nominate, so I ended up with a bunch of RBs who may or may not amount to anything. Still, there wasn't much left at that point and my receiver depth is ridiculous right now. For a PPR league, I think I am all set. Hopefully Patterson and Hopkins perform well so I can flip one for another starting-caliber RB, or one of my bench RBs turns out to be worthwhile.

Right now, I am very confident in my starters. I went aggressive after elite players and came up with quite a few, along with upside guys like Patterson and Hopkins. I wanted to get an elite TE but the prices just went too high for my taste.

Someone really offered you that trade? Accept it. Accept it now. That's like a deal I would send a friend as a joke.

When I said let's pull the trigger, he changed his mind.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."