• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is how Rose looks, I don't see how he beat Damien out. Maybe Rose was a really good practice player?

How did curry make it to he's been playing bad if that's what your gonna say about rose.

Did Kyriew get hurt during game? I saw a tweet from the Warriors source said something about him being hit and that was why Rose started second half
After telling ESPN.com upon arrival in Spain that he was flirting with the prospect of alternating Kyrie Irving and Rose as his starting point guard if Rose proved up to it physically, Krzyzewski did just that to start the second half against New Zealand, putting Rose in Irving's place.

"He's working every day. The only way you're going to shake the rust off is by playing‎.
"Physically he feels good. Mentally he's good. But he's got to work on ‎his timing. He hasn't played in two years basically. So it doesn't happen overnight, and I think he understands that. He's showing great patience. It'll come. It'll come."

2011 NBA MVP missed five of the six shots he attempted from the field against New Zealand, but Krzyzewski was eager to reunite Rose with Team USA starter James Harden, with whom he formed a good chemistry during the squad's training camp in Las Vegas at the end of July.
"He has to get minutes with the guys that are playing more minutes, because he is a guy who should play a lot of minutes," Krzyzewski said, suggesting he'd like to see Rose take on a bigger role as the tournament continues to unfold.

aid Thibodeau: "We want to see a lot of different combinations. Each day is a little different. We wanted to see him on the floor with the other starters to see if we could get him going a little bit. "[But] ‎I want him to just concentrate on his improvement and, when he's on the floor, run the team well. And he's more than capable of doing that.
"He's shaking off some rust as we anticipated," Thibodeau continued, "but he's capable of playing very well."

on a sidenot to that kincaid guy who subs for gottilieb..

The olympic team is doing the bulls a favor by letting him play at such a high level to help prepare him for upcoming NBA season hte bull head coach is on the sideline for christ sake.

sorry a few weeks ago kincaid was ranting how rose needs to remember who pays him and forget this olympic nonsense.

back to the espn story there.

seems kyrie is a placeholder for rustless rose. sounds like Harden wants to play with rose, you got thibodeua and i believe coach k has coached derrick rose more games than kyrie )

Apparently Coach K hasn't been watching Rose play, because he's the opposite of a guy that needs more minutes right now.

Kind of embarrassing looking back on Rose's MVP. No way he deserved that award. If he never returns to that level of play, it may be looked at as one of the softer MVP's we've seen...kind of like Peyton Hillis being on the Madden cover. :chuckle:

I hope they play Rose even more -- I'm just pleased as hell at anything that keeps Kyrie's minutes down. I don't really care how much "respect" Kyrie gets from the national media, or the amount of additional exposure this brings him or the Cavs. I'd rather reduce the chances of him being injured or being burned out by all this next May/June.

Kind of embarrassing looking back on Rose's MVP. No way he deserved that award. If he never returns to that level of play, it may be looked at as one of the softer MVP's we've seen...kind of like Peyton Hillis being on the Madden cover. :chuckle:

Everyone except Bulls fans knows that the only reason he got that MVP was because everyone thought LeBron deserved to be punished for teaming up with Wade. LeBron was the better player that year. That said, I was happy the voters fucked LeBron over. He deserved it.

Everyone except Bulls fans knows that the only reason he got that MVP was because everyone thought LeBron deserved to be punished for teaming up with Wade. LeBron was the better player that year. That said, I was happy the voters fucked LeBron over. He deserved it.

I wasn't. I was pissed he didn't win it, and I hated him at the time. I don't like it when writers do this, and try to punish players, or make statements not giving it to the guy that really deserved it.

Now there's this perception that Rose was once this MVP player, and this incredible great player because he happen to win it. He was in my opinion, one of the worst, if not worst player, to have ever won the award.

That might seem harsh, but I never thought Rose was yet this superstar at all. I thought he was a really great talent, that was possibly heading in that direction.

An MVP is Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, or Kevin Durant. Derrick Rose was never close to anyone of those guys.

Last edited:
So essentially this Team USA is more about Derrick Rose's rehabilitation than it is about putting the best players on the floor to win games. Cool.

Lebron DIDN'T deserve the MVP in 2011. He didn't finish with the best record on a superteam and his own teammate Wade matched him in production. And even though Rose won it he wasnt even a top 5 player in the NBA at the time. Lebron, Kobe,Durant, Wade, Dwight, Melo and Dirk were all better players than him. He pretty much won the MVP because of feel good story and his team had the best record .

Remember when Kobe Bryant won the MVP that one year because the writers thought "What the hell, he's never won one before and he's a future HOFer, so let's just give it to him." These decisions are largely arbitrary.

Kyrie has been playing an insane amount of minutes.

Fucking ridiculous that Rose is using this as an opportunity to shake the rust off. Lillaird should've made this team.

Man, people absolutely hate Derrick Rose on here. What's up with that.

It's mostly just that he clearly has no business playing for Team USA right now, but he was still granted a roster spot. I personally don't care for him because I think he's mentally weak. He was cleared to come back from his ACL tear months before the season ended two years ago, but refused to play and sat out the rest of the season, including a playoff run. He's one of the only guys I can think of who has even been cleared and opted not to, made worse because his teammates clearly needed him and he was constantly dunking in practice.

I think a lot of it is also the hype. All we heard for weeks was how Rose was back to MVP form and that he'd earned his place as a starter on Team USA. Then we saw him play and he looked awful and all those quotes from Coach K sounded like a crock of bullshit. Add to that the fact that there were several guys cut who actually could have helped this team and it's annoying watching the Derrick Rose shitshow every game when we all know it could have been Lillard, Wall, or one of the various wings that was cut out there contributing.

I think in everyone's mind, he's the only thing standing in our way of an easy entry into the finals. I actually want him to be healthy. The tougher our road is to the finals, the more we're prepared for whichever monster team comes out of the west.

It's sad stuff actually..... Curry been playing bad but since he plays in the west just ignore if and attack Rose any chance you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."