• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The ISIS offensive in Iraq

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Sickening. Barbaric. Inhumane. Don't view the videos, it's exactly what they want. What else do they want? America and our allies to keep intervening. The more we intervene, the more people they can recruit to turn into terrorists. It's a revolving door.

Didn't watch but I'm hearing that it's the same killer with the same knife... and it fades to black again?

What else do they want? America and our allies to keep intervening.

I don't believe that's true. ISIL/ISIS began in Syria and spilled over into Iraq when western troops weren't involved at all in either place. And as long as we weren't involved, they didn't seem to go out of their way to offend us, call us out, etc.. In other words, they seemed quite happy to do exactly what they stated they wanted to be done -- establish an Islamist state. That's easier as long as their opponents aren't supported by air power. They didn't start killing our people until after we already were bombing them pretty heavily. In other words, they seemed to be reacting to our attacks rather than trying to bait them.

The more we intervene, the more people they can recruit to turn into terrorists. It's a revolving door.

Perhaps on the margins, sure. On the other hand, Iraqi/Kurdish forces supported by U.S./allied air power are far more capable of defeating ISIL/ISIS and killing its members than are Iraqi/Kurdish forces acting alone. I don't think there is much of a logical argument for why they'd want to make their goal harder to achieve when they were doing so much better before we got involved.

If it's a "revolving door", then its a door that a lot of terrorists enter but never leave. Honestly, I think their goal is the exact opposite of what you say. They'd rather we weren't involved. So, they'll either peddle the argument that our intervention just makes them stronger (false), and hope that dissuades us, or hope to scare/intimidate us with these beheadings.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what reaction this will get from the administration.

I was never for going into Iraq in the first place. With that said, where do I sign up to kill these people?

These insane bastards need to be demolished before they get stronger and stronger.

Iraq: The gift that keeps on giving

There's a dozen jetliners that have gone missing...

MISSING LIBYAN JETLINERS RAISE FEARS OF SUICIDE AIRLINER ATTACKS ON 9/11

Egypt set for military intervention as Libya spirals toward failed state
TWEET
EMAIL

In this image made from video by The Associated Press, smoke rises from the direction of Tripoli airport in Tripoli, Libya, Sunday, July 13, 2014. Rival militias battled Sunday for the control of the international airport in Libya's capital / AP

BY: Bill Gertz
September 2, 2014 4:55 pm

Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners last month, and western intelligence agencies recently issued a warning that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks across North Africa.

Intelligence reports of the stolen jetliners were distributed within the U.S. government over the past two weeks and included a warning that one or more of the aircraft could be used in an attack later this month on the date marking the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against New York and Washington, said U.S. officials familiar with the reports.

“There are a number of commercial airliners in Libya that are missing,” said one official. “We found out on September 11 what can happen with hijacked planes.”

The official said the aircraft are a serious counterterrorism concern because reports of terrorist control over the Libyan airliners come three weeks before the 13th anniversary of 9/11 attacks and the second anniversary of the Libyan terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi.

Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the Benghazi attack, which the Obama administration initially said was the result of a spontaneous demonstration against an anti-Muslim video.

A senior State Department counterterrorism official declined to comment on reports of the stolen jetliners.

That's very reassuring...

Honestly, I won't be surprised if we have another attack on our soil sometime within the near future.

Reports confirm the next attacks will be blamed on Sharknado sequels.

If I were to guess, stolen planes in Libya would probably be on suicide missions to Israel.

I assume the aircraft carrier that is bombing ISIS is in the Persian Gulf. If it is, why not park one in the Mediterranean Sea right off the coast of Libya as well, monitor the area with F/A-18's and force any aircraft to identify itself on 9/11 and perhaps surrounding days? Seems like we ought to be able to shoot down planes that are intended to fly into buildings since we have some intel that there are stolen planes that may well be used for that purpose.

If I were to guess, stolen planes in Libya would probably be on suicide missions to Israel.

I assume the aircraft carrier that is bombing ISIS is in the Persian Gulf. If it is, why not park one in the Mediterranean Sea right off the coast of Libya as well, monitor the area with F/A-18's and force any aircraft to identify itself on 9/11 and perhaps surrounding days? Seems like we ought to be able to shoot down planes that are intended to fly into buildings since we have some intel that there are stolen planes that may well be used for that purpose.
I'd be willing to bet IDF has the tail numbers of every missing plane, and if they enter Israeli airspace on 9/11, they will not be there for long.

I would like to believe we are 10 steps ahead of that and that we actually know where these aircraft are located at all times via satellite or other intelligence.

The entire middle east is pretty much in turmoil and I can't believe our intelligence agencies aren't fully engaged in the monitoring of these locations around the clock.

Personally, I think the probability of an attack happens within the U.S. before a foreign terrorist tries to fly airplanes from thousands of miles away into our airspace. There are ISIS members posting pictures of hand written letters in front of national monuments. They are here.

Oh lawd, they're here!

Does ISIS think the U.S. is frightened of them?

What if we just dropped nukes on the entirety of the middle east with the exception of Israel?

Would the world be better off?

What if we just dropped nukes on the entirety of the middle east with the exception of Israel?

Would the world be better off?

Probably not... there's always going to be issues.

We should run the experiment though and find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."