• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ray Rice suspended & cut - trouble for Goodell?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I couldn't begin a response after the first statement, let alone get after the rest of it. So many warped points of view. Just because Christy Mack got beat within inches of her life doesn't mean other shit isn't serious... There's a threshold; once you cross it, you've crossed it.

I guess i did not make my point, So I am sorry. My point is that when Christy Mack was assaulted badly, we did not have the same media uproar. Her assault was far more brutal than this. The same thing happens with Ray Rice and in the NFL which is a bigger industry and all hell breaks loose. So is the media trying to say that only if this happens to the prominent/news worthy people is an issue worth caring about ? And also the rules established by the NFL were for all to see. If the media feel that domestic abuse perpetrators need to be banned from the NFL, Why not make a huge rally about this when those rules came out? Why do we need visual imagery to be the guiding factor for what needs to be done?

That one of the issues with domestic violence Brown . Everything can be rationalizes as battered woman syndrome.

why was she aggressive ? because battered women have found sometimes being aggresive reduces the chance of them getting beat or they are fed up and act aggresively in anticipation the violence is coming.

if they arent aggressive then they ve been subdued and accept they are getting what they deserve.

lawyers in court have basically established every course of action a woman takes that hinders or goes against establishing guilt of the man is just more proof she is under routine abuse.

some couples have very physical relationships that goes both way others may be one sided.

For every woman who made the mistake of staying in a relationship with a perpetually abusive man, there is another woman who is glad she made the choice to keep her family together. Some will call these women stupid or the product of male manipulation; I call them heroes, ultimate mothers, and powerful people. At the very least, women deserve to have a say in what happens to their families without paternalistic eavesdroppers forcing them to do something they don’t want to do.

The other ugly truth – which some people will never admit- is that if you did indeed spit in Ray’s face (as the elevator video seems to show), you also need counseling. Spitting on your partner, hitting him or physically assaulting him in any way is entirely unacceptable. It’s childish, hurtful and ultimately harmful to your daughter. A gentleman will never hit you under any circumstances, but to demand that he behave like a gentleman, it is also mandated that you conduct yourself like a lady. Love is not produced from creating the conditions that lead to war. Ray is accountable for the way he responded to your emotional triggers and physical aggression, but you are accountable for your choices as well.

http://financialjuneteenth.com/an-open-letter-to-janay-rice-from-dr-boyce-watkins/

Theres alot of things I dont like about how this ray rice thing was handled.

- Goodell saying he made a bad decision after taking two months to reach a decision.
- the video itself with its use of slow motion and quick rewinds.
- The Ravens cutting ray rice and Goodel instituting a half game suspension when all the video showed was exactly what was reported to happen

Has anyone seen the Paul George tweets regarding this situation?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...1/pacers-paul-george-talks-ray-rice/15435895/

Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird issued a statement just before noon.

"Paul George's tweets from earlier were thoughtless and without regard to the subject of domestic violence and its seriousness in society," said Bird. "We have talked to Paul to strongly express our displeasure and made it clear that the NBA and the Pacers' organization will not condone or tolerate remarks of this nature. Paul understands that he was wrong and why his tweets were so inappropriate and is very apologetic."

George also offered an official statement through the Pacers organization.

"I want to apologize to all victims of domestic abuse for my insensitive tweets. They were obviously without proper understanding of the seriousness of the situation and I sincerely regret my poor choice of words."

In his first Twitter post, George said: "Keep it 100 lets act on this police violence like we actin on this Ray Rice case! Stay strong homie!"

Paul George just learned there's no freedom of speech in the NBA

I think you can call this prudence. In a rough time for the NFL, this is a very good move by Goodell. They have an indirect responsibility to educate their viewers on things like this. They may not want to be role-models, but with so many eyes on the players and teams, they don't have a choice. Good to see that they now seem cognizant of that.

A Whole Lot Of Ravens Fans Turned Up To Exchange Their Ray Rice Jerseys

ojv6vjj5trj9po5odnle.jpg

http://deadspin.com/a-whole-lot-of-ravens-fans-turned-up-to-exchange-their-1636762792

Not sure how Goodell can come out of this unscathed... His buddies are helping head up the investigation, a Raven's employee's friends is heading it up.. Absolutely ridiculous all the way around.

Not sure how anyone can stick up for Goodell or any of these guys at all..

Kudos to ESPN for biting the hand that feeds them here. They really fucked Goodell with this article.

Kudos to ESPN for biting the hand that feeds them here. They really fucked Goodell with this article.

In addition to Rice being out of the league, Goodell needs to be canned, & the Ravens need to be severely punished as well.

ill cut some excerpts

No player did more for the community than Rice, and no player on the team embraced the city of Baltimore the way he did. Rice named his daughter, Rayven, after the team's nickname. He had the "Baltimore" tattooed on his forearms. He became friends with Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, appearing with her regularly at charity events. He raised millions for sick children, urged the state legislature in Annapolis to pass anti-bullying laws and hosted a football camp for hundreds of disadvantaged kids each year. He even dressed up as Santa Claus at an event hosted by the House of Ruth, a Baltimore shelter for victims of domestic violence. During the week before the Super Bowl this year, two weeks before the incident, Rice appeared on an anti-bullying panel. Perhaps most visibly, Rice was the longtime spokesman for M&T Bank, one of the team's main sponsors and one that has its name on the Ravens' stadium. Practically every time Bisciotti asked Rice to make an appearance on behalf of the team, he'd say yes.

"I talked to Ray right away," Harbaugh said, "and what he told me right away -- we always tell our guys, 'Never lie, never cheat, never steal' -- he told me the exact truth of what happened, and it held up all the way through. He didn't sugarcoat it, he admitted what he did wrong, he explained everything to a T. Everything I've heard since then is held up to what he said."

I looked alittle into NEw Jersey law. it was simple assualt then another prosecutor took over sent it to a grand jury and it was upgraded to aggravated assualt a third degree felony... through a very very very liberal interpretation of the crime.

there is no freakin way That Ray rice would of been convicted of the upgraded charge.

rice has told the truth when asked and has been very forthright. the state of new jersey, NFL and the Ravens on the other hand have been exploiting the situation for political gain or protect their financial interest.

eve the woman prosecutor who was out to fry rice saw she didnt have a case and took the plea

you want a poster child for domestic violence Jonathan Dwyer, greg oden those guys are.

Goodell should of just stood his ground and weathered the storm.

Rice is a pawn in all this . he threw a punch and manned up to it.

right now im more disgusted with the ravens, goodell and the state of new jersey than ray Rice.. At least Rice given will atone for his actions.

Least Harbaugh wanted him gone...still should done more to get rid of him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."