• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Cosmo- how did you embed that video? did it come from the SB Nation link?

Why are you guys trying to find excuses for a guy dropping a ball that was in his hands and not off target? Really, would you be doing that for any QB but Manziel?
Yes actually if it's warranted. The whole point of this site is to discuss game play.

Last edited:
Why are you guys trying to find excuses for a guy dropping a ball that was in his hands and not off target? Really, would you be doing that for any QB but Manziel?
Short answer. No. Laughable that posters are criticizing Manziel for a ball that was right on the money and should have been caught.

Exactly. Not only does he complete the pass but if he gets hit it's a 15 yard penalty. Instead he opts for the out of control play that in this instance led to a dropped ball but plays like that lead to big plays going the other way.
So you want our QB to risk injury by taking an unnecessary hit? That's a real good idea. :rolleyes2:

Who is saying the pass was poorly thrown? Manziel was accurate and Agnew dropped it. The point is, Manziel didn't have to make that dangerous throw. The easier throw was right in front of him before the roll out. He has time in the pocket to throw and I don't feel like he's going to get blown up, at least not without a penalty.

are you fucking serious?

the browns win a game, with pretty decent QB play, and you still want to see the back up?

I've got no problem with Hoyer continuing to start. That said, he's just not very accurate. Maybe Manziel is worse, so I just defer to the coaches. But if Manziel turns out not to be the guy either, I sure as hell hope we draft another QB in the first round next year.

It wasn't a dangerous throw. It was a dump off and on target. Should have been caught.

Regardless, I'm confident this coaching staff will be able to produce positive results from Manziel. Whether its now or in the future, I don't know. But they will eventually.

Just, please, no more read option for him. He has never been a read option QB before, no reason to force feed that to him now or in the future. His build is far too slight to take the punishment that would require.

Yes actually if it's warranted. The whole point of this site is to discuss game play.

The correct answer was no, I think you missed the point. *chuckle smilie that we desperately need*

Are we really talking about Manziel's ONE fucking throw?

I mean, I know it's what powered us to victory today but still, it seems rather silly that this discussion is actually occurring.

Reactions: Lee
I know you're being facetious, but honestly I do think the Manziel package had a huge role in the win. If Pettine doesn't insert Manziel where he did, Ryan doesn't go all out with the blitz at the end which was clearly a byproduct of fearing the Manziel package. If Ryan doesn't play his defense that way, Hawkins isn't wide open. We don't win. Plain and simple. Just the threat of Manziel being put in is enough to put opponents in a frenzy trying to defend against him, and Pettine played that boogeyman up and it ultimately had a large part in the win.

Smart move by Pet.

I know you're being facetious, but honestly I do think the Manziel package had a huge role in the win. If Pettine doesn't insert Manziel where he did, Ryan doesn't go all out with the blitz at the end which was clearly a byproduct of fearing the Manziel package. If Ryan doesn't play his defense that way, Hawkins isn't wide open. We don't win. Plain and simple. Just the threat of Manziel being put in is enough to put opponents in a frenzy trying to defend against him, and Pettine played that boogeyman up and it ultimately had a large part in the win.

Smart move by Pet.
It's like you never watched a game when Rob Ryan was the Browns dc. All out blitz is what he does. Manziel or no Manziel, Ryan is going to dial up pressure every time.

dude, the saints sending an all out blitz had absolutely nothing to do with johnny manziel getting a couple plays in the third quarter (????) im baffled at how you can even piece that together....

Are we really talking about Manziel's ONE fucking throw?

I mean, I know it's what powered us to victory today but still, it seems rather silly that this discussion is actually occurring.

Well, this is the Johnny Manziel thread after he made his NFL debut... and there's a genuine split on how he looked on a single rollout/incomplete pass. Seems like an appropriate place to discuss it, that okay with you Ed?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."