• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Timofey Mozgov Mancrush thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
makes sense that denver would resist now. but when they are 18-30 on Feb 15, they will probably be quite happy to get a first round pick for him (as long as he is still playing well).

Cavs tried 3 different packages to get him and Denver rebuffed each one. Cavs may have to wait till the trade deadline to try again.

Good info, thanks for sharing.

I think we will run into this problem frequently now that we have LBJ, the whole league knows we are a quality Center away from being unbeatable so the price in trades will be sky high.

We will just have to bide our time as you suggest or perhaps play the buyout market.

God, I hope we can get him. We literally would be unstoppable. We may have to trade someone like Joe Harris to get him. I don't know what else we could do except flip those 3 expirings for something Denver wants in conjunction with a 1st rounder.

Denver is trying to win games not rebuild. I dont think they trade him this year.

Denver may well reevaluate their position at the deadline...Which is why I think it important the Cavs be in position to have a package to make a trade at that time, as I have already outlined in another thread.

This is not the best time of year to make a trade. Teams that wanted to shed salary in advance of free agency have done so. Denver is not in the tax, and there is no pressing need to make a move or cut salary right now. They aren't likely to sell off assets in the midst of the PR campaign marketing the team.

That said, if the Cavs offered the Memphis pick, Denver may regret not making the trade. If the trade deadline market plays out this year the way it did last year, they might find that they can't get as much for Mozgov as they may think he is worth. Philly seems to have concluded it's better to get a first, likely in the 15-20 range, now while they can for Thad Young, rather than risk having to take a second rounder for him, as they had to do last year with Turner and Hawes.

Since Malcolm Thomas couldn't have been aggregated in a trade, I wonder what the Cavs offered Denver. Maybe he was included, with the understanding the deal couldn't be concluded for a couple of months.

Timofey is an interesting piece, but I don't have the full on man crush. I'd like to hold on to that Memphis pick if possible. If it turns into a pick into a late lottery pick for 2015, it could land a reasonable center prospect like Willie Cauley-Stein on a rookie contract. The other thought is that by the time the trade deadline comes around, there could be other options that might look better. I'm fine with rolling into training camp with the parts we got and play some games before making any more moves.

Cauley-Stein or AJ Hammons would both be great fits for the Cavs.

Let's hope Denver sucks and they wanna cash in on some players.

It's nice to hear we've been pushing for him though. It's almost like the front office is reading this forum...

Maybe he'll change is tune if he ends up deep on the bench in Denver

http://www.rsport.ru/basketball/20140828/768346932.html
http://chernykh.wordpress.com/2014/...ite-with-david-blatt-become-lebrons-teammate/

Taras Barabash of R-Sport quotes Mozgov on possibility of playing with LeBron James:

I would like to play with LeBron. But even though playing for a contender is cool, you got to understand that I want to be part of the team and not to just join a contender and ride the coattails, being a burden.​

Cavs tried 3 different packages to get him and Denver rebuffed each one. Cavs may have to wait till the trade deadline to try again.

Did any include multiple 1sts?

Things are very quiet on the Mozgov front. I think someone else reported on here somewhere that Denver media people were discussing the frontcourt for the nuggets this year and didn't even mention Mozgov's name. I sure hope there's something stirring here. Wouldn't be surprised if once Malcolm Thomas becomes trade-eligible that this pops back up.

i think september 22 all the non guaranteed become tradable
You are correct sir.

If the Cavs FO thinks Mozgov is the final piece needed to win it all, then i viewpoint says they should do whatever it takes to get this done.
But, there are no 100% guarantees.
I'm good with starting the season and seeing how things shake out instead of rushing to make a move.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-five-games-for-violation-of-nba-drug-policy/

Here's an article about JJ's suspension. Again, this article delves into the Nuggets frontcourt situation and discusses McGee, JJ and Faried, but no mention whatsoever of Mozgov. He's like the forgotten man.

This suspension is bad for our chances of getting Mozgov because it thrusts Timo into the spotlight for the first 5 games of the season. They will likely get off to a better start with him playing more minutes, making it more unlikely that they trade him to us if we are continuing to try to acquire him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."