• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Brian Hoyer thread...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Browns got the ball with 2:46 left in the game on the 4 yard line. Hoyer led them on a 14 play, 85 yard drive where he completed 8 passes to 4 different receivers named Austin, Gabriel, Barnidge and Hawkins...

So you're saying Barnidge bailed him out, right?

We are 5th in the NFL scoring...we'd be 3rd if we could make our extra freaking points!! The Browns are actually fun to watch!!! That is more than any other QB has given me in 15 years. Will it last? Doubt it. But, for now, i'm enjoying it and have nothing to complain about with regards to Brian Hoyer.

"Cleveland, have fun while lasts. Because it probably won't for long"

Really giving Hoyer credit for the offense is misplaced. He hasn't fucked up which is all we can ask as he just really isn't all that talented. I believe he is benefiting from a strong run game and smart play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really giving Hoyer credit for the offense is misplaced. He hasn't fucked up which is all we can ask as he just really isn't all that talented. I believe he is benefiting from a strong run game and smart play calling.

Ya, I don't buy that for a second. If it's not that much to ask, we wouldn't have gone thru 20 QBs in 15 years. How many QBs have 0 interceptions this year?[

Because he hasn't fucked up is one of the reasons we beat New Orleans and one of the reasons we were in it until the last possession against Pittsburgh. Hoyer may only be a game manager of a QB, but we haven't had anyone who could manage shit in years. He absolutely deserves some credit for how the offense has looked.

Not all of it, of course. The coaching staff deserves some credit, as does everyone else on the field taking offensive snaps. But Hoyer has played a part and played it reasonably well.

Because he hasn't fucked up is one of the reasons we beat New Orleans and one of the reasons we were in it until the last possession against Pittsburgh. Hoyer may only be a game manager of a QB, but we haven't had anyone who could manage shit in years. He absolutely deserves some credit for how the offense has looked.

Not all of it, of course. The coaching staff deserves some credit, as does everyone else on the field taking offensive snaps. But Hoyer has played a part and played it reasonably well.
To clarify I am not saying he deserves NONE of the credit, but name the last quarterback we had with solid offensive play calling and the ability to rely on a game?

I'm just saying Hoyer is a solid stopgap but in no way is he a long term solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice quote from the latest Pat McManamon article:

“We talk about, ‘If you’re going to be a great player, you need to make great plays when your best is needed,’” Pettine said. “He (Hoyer) certainly did that for us. That’s when you gain respect. Respect can’t be manufactured that way. It can’t be artificial. It just has to be earned, and it has to be earned through his play, through his actions. I thought he handled himself real well [Sunday].”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/140660/hoyer-showed-trust-with-fourth-down-toss

I'm finding it harder and harder to nitpick at Hoyer being the starting QB. The reality is, if he keeps contributing to wins and does all the right things to put us in a position of competitiveness each and ever week, it's going to be mighty hard to justify replacing him.

Nice quote from the latest Pat McManamon article:

“We talk about, ‘If you’re going to be a great player, you need to make great plays when your best is needed,’” Pettine said. “He (Hoyer) certainly did that for us. That’s when you gain respect. Respect can’t be manufactured that way. It can’t be artificial. It just has to be earned, and it has to be earned through his play, through his actions. I thought he handled himself real well [Sunday].”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/140660/hoyer-showed-trust-with-fourth-down-toss

So, his teammates believe in him. His coach believes in him. The team has won.

Yet, we're nitpicking still.

So, his teammates believe in him. His coach believes in him. The team has won.

Yet, we're nitpicking still.

So should we not nitpick the defense? Or the wide receivers?

Both seem to have the confidence of the coaching staff, and the players. Just ask them...

B00bie reacts to Browns wins like a gay dude seeing pussy... its like b00bie is confused and unsure how to react to Browns wins at a biological level.

I'll take the search for continued improvement over the annual Browns fan overreaction to mediocrity after seeing such utter garbage for so long.

Ya, I don't buy that for a second. If it's not that much to ask, we wouldn't have gone thru 20 QBs in 15 years. How many QBs have 0 interceptions this year?[

Actually around 10. (RG3 done, DA no longer playing, some others...)

But Peyton Manning & Tom Brady. Pretty much means Hoyer is as good as them.

Fuck you b00b and Q-Tip. :p

Reactions: AZ_
Why is everyone who has questions about Brian Hoyer being vilified?

Having questions about Hoyer does not equal pushing for Manziel or somehow being anti-Browns. It's just an observation on Brian Hoyer. Nothing more.

So far we've seen about as much of Brian Hoyer as the NFL did of Matt Flynn before he was signed by Seattle. He left quite a few yards on the field on Sunday, but did enough to win. He's most likely the best option to win this season but so far it looks like something is going to have to be done to address the position long term.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."