• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Series #48 -|- Indians @ Astros -|- Sept. 15th, 16th, 17th, and 18th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
2014 Series #48

indians_astros.jpg

Cleveland Indians (76-72) vs. Houston Astros (65-83)

Live from Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas

mmp_logo_200x200.gif

Pitching Matchups

Game #1 -- September 15th, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Zach McAllister (3-6); 5.97 ERA; 59 K vs. Brad Peacock (4-8); 4.80 ERA; 110 K

Game #2 -- September 16th, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Corey Kluber (15-9); 2.45 ERA; 230 K vs. Collin McHugh (9-9); 2.79 ERA; 144 K

Game #3 -- September 17th, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Carlos Carrasco (7-5); 2.86 ERA; 109 K vs. Nick Tropeano (1-0); 3.60 ERA; 5 K

Game #4 -- September 18th, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Danny Salazar (6-7); 4.22 ERA; 103 K vs. Brett Oberholtzer (5-11); 4.81 ERA; 88 K

Projected Lineups
-| Please note lineups are a projection done at the beginning of the series and may not be entirely accurate for all games -|

Cleveland

Bourn - Ramirez - Brantley - Santana - Kipnis - Gomes - Chisenhall - Walters - Holt

Houston

Grossman - Altuve - Fowler - Carter - Marsinick - Corporan - Guzman - Dominguez - Petit

Game one is the big one to get some momentum back. Lets get a sweeeeeep!

Tribe loses 3-1.

Season's over. Pretty much playing out the string now. Hope to see Aguilar and other young guys get some PT.

14 Ks for Kluber tonight.

Wgaf really?

Team choked.

I don't understand why Cleveland fans have to be assholes to baseball fans that just want to watch the Tribe. Yeah it sucks they choked..but can I still not enjoy watching them? The pitching staff is set up pretty nicely for next year, could be a filthy rotation.

Last year we squeezed into the playoffs on the backs/arms of Kazmir, Masterson, and Ubaldo. Two older guys headed for inflated FA contracts and one guy in Masterson who was approaching the "get paid or or get traded" threshold of service time. This year, our pitching in the second half has been brilliant and done almost entirely by guys with three years or less of service time. Not just adequate pitching, but often dominant pitching. So, yes it sucks that we " choked" against Detroit(though I'd argue the biggest range was done in the first half of the season) it is pretty exciting for those who like the Indians to see the type of pitching we've gotten from the staff since the all star break and be optimistic about how that translates into next year.

Gotta feel good going into next year knowing the rotation is close to set. Still think they need to find an experienced innings eater to round out the rotation, though with House coming on and us not having a lefty starter, I'm actually feeling pretty content with them rolling into next season with this current rotation. Defense and run producers are a must find this offseason.

Also, has it been mentioned that the Sabathia and Lee trades are starting to look a lot better for the Indians?

BMan- this is the City of Champions, bud. Clevelanders can't be bothered with a decent baseball team that has ups and downs, we only pay for ups. You should know this by now.

Holy hell the start tonight for Carrasco was fantastic. 98 pitches, 74 strikes. 3 baserunners. Who the hell is this guy, and what has ne done with Carlos Carrasco? I realize he is facing the Astros, who are running a AAA team out there, but it is a talented AAA team none the less and 3 baserunners is 3 baserunners. This pitching staff right now is looking bananas for next year- Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, and Salazar. Watching this staff take shape in the 2nd half has been pretty darn awesome and I bet that next year this team really challenges.

honestly this rotation for next year could make the Indians damn good...especially if they can improve defense and save more runs

Mickey Callaway proving once again that he may be the best pitching coach in baseball.

Rotation next year looks young, but man those guys can really improve under a pitching coach like this. I'd say let them roll, bring in a few depth options to round out the Columbus rotation and go for it.

Focus on finding a taker for Swisher and investing in a Cuban to round out the lineup.

Boobie what do you think the Indians can do next year with a few moves and an improved defense and this pitching staff continuing to get better? All 3 which aren't impossible to fathom

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."