• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron, at Nike event to introduce new shoe: &quot;(Kyrie is) part of the reason I (returned to Cavs). I think he can be best PG in our league.&quot;</p>&mdash; Sam The Bullshit Whisperer (@SamAmicoFSO) <a href="September'>">September 16, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron, at Nike event to introduce new shoe: &quot;(Kyrie is) part of the reason I (returned to Cavs). I think he can be best PG in our league.&quot;</p>&mdash; Sam The Bullshit Whisperer (@SamAmicoFSO) <a href="September'>">September 16, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shabazz Napier > Kyrie Irving doe.

I do think it's funny/cool that LeBron went from saying he thinks Kyrie can be one of the best point guards in the league right after he came back to now saying he thinks Kyrie can be THE best point guard. (Good to know he was watching FIBA)

Last edited:
So i went back through what on my screen is pages 110 to 122 where you were banned for abusing the term sweetheart and what i found was.

a rational discussion about contracts and rumours being reported by peter vescey and joe lull.

then chuck post Kyrie isnt worth a max contract ... chuck that it.. q tip was analyzing the reports to see what was going on .

so chuck was the mass amunt of posters screaming for kyrie to be traded.

people were trying to discuss the contract negotiations between kyrie and the team and at the time we had no idea what Griffin was intending to do or especially Kyrie.

and now your regurgitating a 90 day old post trying to demean and present yourself superioir to the people you know better then apparently.

you were insulting the intelligence of multiple posters when the only guy who really thought kyrie should be traded was chuck who stated he wasnt worth max.

everyone else was playing armchair gm and analyzing the situation. which is what we do here.

instead of patting yourself on the back maybe you should go back and read.. not look at names just read the post and when you get to yours.. youll should be ashamed of what ya was typing not proud.

and those mass posters besides chuck who you think were off their rockers perhaps check their profile history and read a few more of their post so you can get some context.

but I am sure spencer and mao would be proud to have you at their table you all have the similar swag.

Kyriei winning the fiba MVP is nice. it builds his rep more within the league and gets him going heading into the preseason. one where hopefully he remains healthy.

Fiba basketball jsut doesnt mean that much to me at this point and although im glad kyrie did well i want to see him get it together smd become a complete player with a good attitude in the NBA

Says the guy who tried arguing that TT was on the same level as Aldridge and Dirk as perimeter shooters....
Says the guy who said that Drummond was going to get raped by NBA starters....

Why are you getting so defensive? Was it that you wanted Kyrie traded and the team rebuild around Dion? I can clearly remember more than one guy who wanted Kyrie traded so stop pretending that it was only "chuck".

You're like that "guy" who likes to talk a lot and spouts a bunch of jibberish in order to appear "smart" but everyone knows you're full of it.

does anyone know where i can find kyrie's catch and shoot numbers for his rookie and sophomore seasons?

This site made a noticeable turn on Kyrie last year, and the never ending Kyrie v Dion support contest militated heavily in Dion's favor. There were many calls to trade Kyrie and build around Dion in a non ironic or facetious way. That 100% happened.

That does not mean that everyone on the site agreed with those ideas. It just means that the most motivated posters were the loudest and those that don't have much in the way of an original opinion joined the "cool" crowd. 'Tis the nature of an internet message board where text is all you have to go on. I'm sure there were many more like me that rolled their eyes upon seeing those types of posts and recognized them for the emotional outbursts that they were. Kyrie is twice the talent of Dion (not to take anything away from Dion) and any rational basketball fan can see that he needs to combine that talent with mental maturation in order to become the player that he is capable of becoming - the best PG and a top 5 player in the league.

This is all to say that there is no reason to pat yourself on the back for having an opinion that everyone outside of a dozen or so posters here shares. It is unbecoming.

This site made a noticeable turn on Kyrie last year, and the never ending Kyrie v Dion support contest militated heavily in Dion's favor. There were many calls to trade Kyrie and build around Dion in a non ironic or facetious way. That 100% happened.

That does not mean that everyone on the site agreed with those ideas. It just means that the most motivated posters were the loudest and those that don't have much in the way of an original opinion joined the "cool" crowd. 'Tis the nature of an internet message board where text is all you have to go on. I'm sure there were many more like me that rolled their eyes upon seeing those types of posts and recognized them for the emotional outbursts that they were. Kyrie is twice the talent of Dion (not to take anything away from Dion) and any rational basketball fan can see that he needs to combine that talent with mental maturation in order to become the player that he is capable of becoming - the best PG and a top 5 player in the league.

This is all to say that there is no reason to pat yourself on the back for having an opinion that everyone outside of a dozen or so posters here shares. It is unbecoming.

So now we have the Kyrie is god and Dion stinks posts. Kyrie is obviously better than he showed last year and at least some of that is on him. He appears to have at least a little coach killer in him as he helped get rid of his "basketball father" and never gave Brown a chance. Dion is a player who has an absolutely fantastic handle can get to to the basket at will and on a statistical basis is good catch and shoot guy in the same class asthe sainted Bradley Beal. There is a reason that Lebron wanted to play with Dion and was willing to let Wiggins go. The overrated Loul Deng thought that these 2 guys cant get along. We shall see this season.

So now we have the Kyrie is god and Dion stinks posts. Kyrie is obviously better than he showed last year and at least some of that is on him. He appears to have at least a little coach killer in him as he helped get rid of his "basketball father" and never gave Brown a chance. Dion is a player who has an absolutely fantastic handle can get to to the basket at will and on a statistical basis is good catch and shoot guy in the same class asthe sainted Bradley Beal. There is a reason that Lebron wanted to play with Dion and was willing to let Wiggins go. The overrated Loul Deng thought that these 2 guys cant get along. We shall see this season.

Where?

They're both great but Kyrie is on another planet talent wise. Dion does most of the things that Kyrie does well but not at an elite level. He has about 70% of Irvings handles. About 60% of his shooting ability. 50% of his finishing in traffic. They're both elite at getting to the basket and while Waiters has the better 1st step, Kyrie has a rare ability to move the defender with the basketball alone(shared by other gifted ballhandlers, CP3,Isaiah, ect..). Irving does pretty much all of the required skills at an elite level while Waiters is elite at a few and average to above average at most. Where Waiters does have the advantage is that he is more athletic ,better defender, slightly taller and has a more competitive edge while Irving is injury prone and soft/bitchy at times. I dont see the need for argument anyways since both are Cavaliers, both are extremely talented and neither are the 1st or 2nd best players on the team anymore. That being said you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who isnt a rcf member who thinks Waiters is better. Put it this way if we were going by 2k ratings based on what I think their peaks are I would go Irving 93 and Waiters around a 86

This probably is not the thread, but hopefully this gets through to the two of you.

Its not that we dont understand we demand a higher level of quality from our posting or we dont tolerate the school girl bully antics tolerated on other sites.

The thing is, this site was created to get away from other fan sites that did such bullshit and those of us who love this place have no problem asking the people acting like mean girls or 12 year olds to leave.

Posting on here is a privileged, those that think it is a right and dont treat with respect will be banned. We actually have some liked posters from other teams who we enjoy debating with, but they have debated in a respectful manner.

It is better to be quiet and thought to be a fool than open your mouth and prove them right.

One of the differences between Kyrie and Dion is where they are at in their development. Kyrie is a prodigy who was great out of the gate, but has shown little improvement in skills like shooting and dribbling because he entered with those elite skills. If he just improved off the ball movement and his passing game he would be the best pg in the league. As long as he gave effort on D.

I would Argue Dion has shown more overall improvement, but the things he had to improve were lower hanging fruit than becoming the leader of the team. I think Dion still has enough elite skills to get where Kyrie is at some point. He is in a great opportunity to learn these things, and he really has all of the tools to do it too. Just because he is not as good today isn't a knock on DIon. Kyrie had a historic rookie year after all.

Some people went markedly overboard on the "trade Kyrie" front, but let's not pretend that he wasn't all kinds of a bitch last year. I still thought he deserved a max contract on potential alone, but people weren't pissed at him without some merit.

Luckily, LeBron came back and Kevin Love forced a trade here, so things will be better this year.

Some people went markedly overboard on the "trade Kyrie" front, but let's not pretend that he wasn't all kinds of a bitch last year. I still thought he deserved a max contract on potential alone, but people weren't pissed at him without some merit.

Luckily, LeBron came back and Kevin Love forced a trade here, so things will be better this year.

Agreed, Kyrie has shown some immense immaturity the past few seasons. With vet leadership this year, I really think he will flourish though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."