• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Annual RCF Rate My Team/Who to Play Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
PPR?

Chris Johnson is sharing carries.
I think Asiata was a one hit wonder.
Steve Smith against Browns D.
As far as I know Hamster is back, so it could be a split situation with Rainey. I would maybe wait on him to see how much they use Martin and him.

I would go Ertz all day (just b/c of Martin coming back). He is going to get targets and his snap count grew exponentially from week 1 - week 2. He is clearly a good part of their offense. I would go Ertz.
Not PPR.

I agree with you on Asiata, but he's getting pretty much all of their carries while Peterson is out. So I figured he would be the safest pick.

I'd wait to see what Charles' status is before the Davis decision, but if he's going to be either limited or out, Davis is probably a safe bet.

Yeah I'm operating under the assumption of Charles being out. If not, no way I play Davis. For right now I'm gonna play Davis in the flex and bench Floyd....but if Palmer comes back for AZ this week it'll make my decision a little harder.

Week three waiver report:

I'm pretty much set at receiver in all of my leagues, so my waiver activity is mostly a series of moves designed to either find better production from my bench running backs (or, in one league, trying to snipe guys who might out-perform Toby Gerhart, which at this point is effectively anyone with a pulse) or performing damage control regarding the tight end position (I have Graham in one league and had hot garbage in the other two).

With that in mind, I went into my 12-team waiver week targeting Ahmad Bradshaw for obvious reasons. He's probably going to be an RB1 for the Colts this year because Trent Richardson apparently still sucks. I have McCoy as one back and was starting Gerhart at the other, with the latter being a big part of why I almost started out 0-2 (squeaked by at 1-1, but probably didn't deserve it). I lost the Bradshaw sweepstakes (almost wish I had just tanked week two to get first waiver dibs, honestly), but ended up Knile Davis, DeAngelo Williams, and Bobby Rainey in addition to Fred Jackson, Gerhart, and McCoy. All in all, not a bad haul. Davis will be a huge boon if Charles struggles with his health this year, Williams is effectively an RB1 for the Panthers, and Rainey has looked pretty incredible whenever he gets the touches. I'm starting Rainey, as it sounds like Martin will be out again tonight and Charles was practicing today. I also grabbed Larry Donnell at TE in lieu of continuing to hate Charles Clay for disappointing me week in and week out.

In my 10-man PPR league, I was just performing minor maintenance. I'm the leading scorer through two weeks, and that's with Charles putting up six points combined over that span, so obviously I just need to stay the course. I already had Knile Davis, and still have Terrence West and Mark Ingram (out a month, but whatever), so really my only weaknesses were at TE and defense. Thankfully, some dumbass dropped the Bengals D and they fell into my lap. I'll take that. I also grabbed Donnell in this league, because if he's going to disappoint me, he might as well do it twice over.

My .5 PPR 10-teamer is much like my 12-man team in that I'm stacked at WR but questionable at RB, especially since Eddie Lacy has proven to be a disappointment thus far. I grabbed Bradshaw in this one and am hoping he keeps up his RB1-style performance. I'm still starting Lacy and Gore, but it never hurts to have options.

Better nickname: Muscle Hamster or Butter Squirrel?

Well, the decision to start Rainey is not working out terribly well for me right now. At least Julio has 28 points in a non-PPR league to offset Rainey's negative 2. Three weeks in a row where I've gotten fuck all from my RB2. Ugh.

On the plus side, I've got Ryan, Jones, and Bryant in my PPR league and they have currently combined for over 73 points.

Edit: Well, Rainey finished with six points, so it wasn't a total disaster.

Last edited:
Hey guys I've been looking for a receiver and have been offered Reggie Wayne for laveon bell. My other backs are Mcoy forte and Murray. My receivers are cordarell Patterson, roddy white, Michael Floyd,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You should be able to get a more reliable receiver than Reggie Wayne for Bell. Bell was the best RB in the league in week one, and still put up a solid showing in week two despite Pittsburgh being an absolute disaster on offense.

As an aside, I have now had three straight weeks where a receiver scored 39 points or more. The kicker is that it was a different receiver all three weeks. I still can't believe I was able to get Megatron, Julio, and Jordy in a PPR league. :chuckle:

Hey guys I've been looking for a receiver and have been offered Reggie Wayne for laveon bell. My other backs are Mcoy forte and Murray. My receivers are cordarell Patterson, roddy white, Michael Floyd,

If there was a redraft held today, I would take Bell top 3. Do not trade him for a 3rd WR. He has so much more value. And how the hell do you have McCoy, Forte, and Murray? Is this a 2 team league?

@jonmchugh

You are going to trade away a guy who is going to get you at least 10pts/game for a WR that is fighting for targets each and every week?

You better get AT LEAST a WR2 for Bell. You should get a WR1 but your RB's are pretty sick, so you can afford to be lenient.

@jonmchugh

You are going to trade away a guy who is going to get you at least 10pts/game for a WR that is fighting for targets each and every week?

You better get AT LEAST a WR2 for Bell. You should get a WR1 but your RB's are pretty sick, so you can afford to be lenient.

Yeah that was my thinking I've been trying to trade one of my top backs for a receiver but nobody is taking the bate. Like I've offered up Matt forte for Calvin Johnson, Randal cobb, demarioua Thomas, Brandon Marshall, aj. Green, I figured that Matt forte is for any of those receivers straight up is fair offer.

I'm in a ten team league and the scoring is weird. We have no flex. We start 2 back and 2 receivers. Also you only get 1 point for every 20 yards receiving. It's a NFL.com league.

Further, given the state of the RB position right now, good ones are more valuable than ever. As it stands, they're dropping like flies or underperforming based on expectations.

Ray Rice - Probably gone for the season. Even if they overturn his indefinite suspension (which they probably will), no team will be dumb enough to pick him up this year.
Adrian Peterson - The Vikings have formally suspended him until his court case is concluded. No one knows when that will be.
Jamaal Charles - He's got a high ankle sprain and was terrible in week one when he was healthy.
Andre Ellington - He's been dinged up and generally a bit of a disappointment so far.
Doug Martin - Already missed two games this year after missing most of last season.
Eddie Lacy - Suffered a concussion in week one and hasn't had a good game yet.
Toby Gerhart - Sprained his ankle and has been absolutely awful so far.
Ben Tate - Went down for at least a month during the first game.
Ryan Matthews - Out a least a month.
Mark Ingram - Broke his hand against the Browns and is out for at least a month.

Pretty much all of those guys were drafted with the expectation that they could be either a RB1 or a RB2 on a fantasy team. Ingram is the exception, but he quickly proved that he deserved starter consideration. You can't just give away an RB1 given where we're at right now. Le'Veon Bell is one of the most valuable RB1s in fantasy right now. You need to get back a WR that would be worth a first or second round pick in return for him.

Yeah that was my thinking I've been trying to trade one of my top backs for a receiver but nobody is taking the bate. Like I've offered up Matt forte for Calvin Johnson, Randal cobb, demarioua Thomas, Brandon Marshall, aj. Green, I figured that Matt forte is for any of those receivers straight up is fair offer.

I'm in a ten team league and the scoring is weird. We have no flex. We start 2 back and 2 receivers. Also you only get 1 point for every 20 yards receiving. It's a NFL.com league.

Every time you talk about your league, I am baffled.

Every time you talk about your league, I am baffled.

I truly don't understand how someone has McCoy, Forte, Bell, and Murray in a ten team league, but I wish the other people in the league were in all of my paid leagues. :chuckle:

As an aside, a dude in my PPR league dropped Seattle's defense this week. He paid like 17 bucks for them in the auction! I was baffled when I saw that, but you can be damn sure I put in a waiver claim for them. I already have the Bengals defense that I picked up this week because some moron dropped them, which will probably do better this week (as Seattle is playing Denver), but the Seahawks seem like a solid long-term defensive investment. Now I just need to hope that either no one else noticed (I'm 10th out of 10 in the waiver order), or everyone else tried to pick up other people instead, which is unlikely.

I was also baffled when the Seahawks defense went for 17 bucks in the auction, but I'll forgive that because a lot of the guys involved had never done an auction before.

As an aside, a dude in my PPR league dropped Seattle's defense this week.

It has to be because they are playing Denver and have a week 4 bye. But in the end months they have to play SF twice, at Carolina, at Phili, at KC..not exactly great matchups with teams that can put points on the board/good DEF at home.

But it is SEA D, you have to pick them up if you can.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."