• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Timofey Mozgov Mancrush thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-five-games-for-violation-of-nba-drug-policy/

Here's an article about JJ's suspension. Again, this article delves into the Nuggets frontcourt situation and discusses McGee, JJ and Faried, but no mention whatsoever of Mozgov. He's like the forgotten man.

This suspension is bad for our chances of getting Mozgov because it thrusts Timo into the spotlight for the first 5 games of the season. They will likely get off to a better start with him playing more minutes, making it more unlikely that they trade him to us if we are continuing to try to acquire him.

Makes me laugh. Yet he wouldn't take up my offer to smoke with him when he was a Cav. Shmuck.

I just read an article that said we would have to give up Dion or Tristan to get Mozgov. That is so stupid I didn't bother to post it, but if that is true, the Nuggets are out of their minds.

I think that was just Nate Duncan of Basketball Insiders speculating. Cavs obviously wouldn't be interested in a deal like that, but I think Duncan's speculation points to the fact that Denver really has no incentive at the moment to trade Mozgov and Denver and Cleveland are not natural trade partners at this time. I mean, if the Cavs offered the Memphis pick, I think they would have had to consider that, but it makes more sense for them to stand pat. What message does it send to their fans to trade away a useful member of their rotation for a future pick and immediate cash savings? Now later in the season their thinking may change, so I do think that's a situation worth monitoring.

Basketball Insiders is horrendous. So, so bad.

Steve Kyler and Nate Duncan's lack of insight is shocking, and Steve Kyler was so rabidly convinced that there was a less than zero chance that Lebron would return that he was practically fighting people over it.

Alex Kennedy used to be great, but he started spamming out every link from their site through his Twitter so I had to unfollow him.

Basketball Insiders is horrendous. So, so bad.

Steve Kyler and Nate Duncan's lack of insight is shocking, and Steve Kyler was so rabidly convinced that there was a less than zero chance that Lebron would return that he was practically fighting people over it.

Alex Kennedy used to be great, but he started spamming out every link from their site through his Twitter so I had to unfollow him.

I used to follow kyler of how many trolls he fights per day

8 of 8 shooting, 20 pts, 3 blocks, 8 rebs... and he started. I'd say that dream is pretty much dead. F-ck.

:( Man i really liked his game:bigcry:
If Mozgov emerges and Nurkic earn some minutes, than McGee becomes one of the very realistic targets with Haywoods expiring contract next summer.

He's athletic, can finish oops, run the floor, and block shots, while not requiring offesnive plays being run for him.

His downside is well documented. As in, he sometimes does things on the court that make boxes of rocks shake their heads at him for giving them such a bad name.

In the past few years, has his brain cramps decreased at all? Does his shotblocking come with decent positional and help defense or is he one of those guys that blocks 3 a game, but give a ton of buckets back due to pump fakes, bad rotations, and not boxing out?

Between he and Sanders, who would actually be the best fit? I mean, with the inclusion of the Memphis pick hopefully we can aim higher, but those two might be the best of what we can get next summer.

Honestly if it's getting to the point where we have to start thinking about McGee maybe we should start looking elsewhere.

Teams around the league are not going to go out of their way to hand the Cavs a premium player and their may be less teams now looking to get rid of albatross contracts due to the new TV deal.

McGee may be one guy we need to consider based on our positional need and just the value we'll be able to get for Haywoods contract next year.

In 2012-2013 with Denver, he had a Per above 20, with 4 blocks per 36 minutes, and good advanced stats. He doesnt require offensive touches. With the culture being established this year, next year we may be able to take him or a guy like Sanders and make them work for us in the same way Rodman worked for the Bulls/Lakers and Artest/Odom worked for the Kobe/Pau era Lakers.

I thought about Mcgee too but prefer Sanders. Although their mental problems may not be seen on our veteran filled team, but Sanders waa great 2 years ago. I didn't know Mcgee played that great though. Maybe we can lure a free agent like Ömer Aşık, just fantasy being a Turkish but he would do great in our team.

Sanders is definitely the preferred target if he can prove last season was a fluke.

Like him a lot better than McGee for sure.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."