• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Week 3: Ravens at Browns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

davedugan43

Jarrett Allen's Friend
Reaction score
Someone else can do the really good job on the post for this, but I just wanted to say I'm really pulling for you guys. Fuck 'em up. I believe they can do it. Hoyer impressed me last week. West looks legit. The defense looks stout. Browns always give the Ravens a hard time, and beat them somewhat consistently. Come on, now, go 2-0 at home.

The Ravens will have the best defense the Browns have faced so far, but they are still a defense that has a better reputation than results this year. I think their pass rush isn't what it used to be due to free agency sapping some top players. The Browns can stick to what worked against New Orleans: establish the run, create long drives with the offensive line creating push, then go to play action passing off the run. Ravens run a very similar offense with Kubiak, so there won't be any sense of surprise with the scheme.

I unfortunately couldn't get out of working this weekend so I had to sell my tickets. I think they can take Baltimore without us though! Especially without Ray Rice.

Browns are:

-T7 in the NFL with 313 rushing yards (ATL has played 1 more game)
-4th in the NFL, averaging 5.1 ypc
-1 of 7 NFL teams with 3+ rushing TD's
-T5 in the NFL, averaging 156.5 rushing yds/gm

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Bleacher Report is not a real job, Chris...

The outcome of this game will hinge on our O-Line vs. Baltimore's D-Line. I think our defense can hold them to 20-24 or so points, but its all going to depend on the offense. If the O-Line can do what its been doing the last 6 quarters and we can establish the run, I think we win. If the Ravens run defense (which has been quite good so far) clogs up our run game, the pressure being put on Hoyer by the defense will grow exponentially.

Browns/Ravens Halftime Show with no chat
http://static.viewer.dacast.com/new/b/2198/p/3639

Or with chat: http://mooheadradio.com

This game will be about our DL forcing Flacco into 3rd and longs. We MUST be stout against the run, and put pressure up the middle against Flacco. He has a tendency to rely on arm strength and will throw off his back foot. This is how we intercept his throws. If we let him step into his throws, it will be a long day.

Offensively, it will be our running game against their DL. Our OL needs to give Hoyer max time. Scoring 20 on Ravens would be an accomplishment. We will need defensive turnovers to give us a short field on at least 2 occasions.

In the end, pass rush and run stopping will determine our level of success. In my mind, I see the Ravens winning a close one 21-17. Needless to say, we need to play a clean game with no turnovers.

Join me for the Halftime Show and let's hope we can get this win.

Moo

The outcome of this game will hinge on our O-Line vs. Baltimore's D-Line. I think our defense can hold them to 20-24 or so points, but its all going to depend on the offense. If the O-Line can do what its been doing the last 6 quarters and we can establish the run, I think we win. If the Ravens run defense (which has been quite good so far) clogs up our run game, the pressure being put on Hoyer by the defense will grow exponentially.

Well, I think their game plan must be to stop our running game first, so if they can't do it with 7 in the box, they'll got to 8. They'll want to force Hoyer to beat them.

Really wish we had Cameron today.

Well, I think their game plan must be to stop our running game first, so if they can't do it with 7 in the box, they'll got to 8. They'll want to force Hoyer to beat them.

Really wish we had Cameron today.
Wish granted

@AdamSchefter: Boost for Browns: Cleveland expects TE Jordan Cameron to play today vs. Ravens.

We should win, I don't care. We aren't that bad.

I don't remember the last time I've been more excited for a Browns game. For once I'm not watching to see how we're going to lose. I'm watching to see a great game.

All of these short outs from Flacco, you can just tell he's about to hit a bomb

Anyone got a stream? My usual site is gone haywire.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."