• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns Adding to Game Day Experience

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I personally think these are fake, but for discussion...

Bxwiwh4IcAEW2aq.jpg
I'm very impressed with the top right helmet. Modern with the brown "splash" yet still looks classic enough to not upset we the traditionalists.

I hope it doesn't change. I feel they are just trying to crackdown on the belligerent people. As long as you don't piss at the fence (like a lot of people do) and don't be a dumbass, you should be fine.

Like I said, I will let you guys know.

Alec Scheiner and his team really understand how to build loyalty with Browns fans. The past regimes sat on their hands and expected fans to be loyal because they were the Browns. This group actively engages the fans and tries to make the experience top notch.

This is pretty cool.

View: https://twitter.com/vincethepolack/status/539839880931463168

From the UniWatch piece:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has been saying all along that the team’s impending uniform makeover, due to be unveiled next spring, won’t include any changes to the helmet. BUT! A little birdie tells me there will be two — TWO! — changes to the helmet, as follows:

1. The stripe will have some sort of “new texture.”

2. There will be a new shade of orange, which will be more like Oklahoma State’s or Oregon State’s color.

In short: The Browns’ helmet will look pretty much the same as before, except in the subtle ways it doesn’t.

I personally think these are fake, but for discussion...

Bxwiwh4IcAEW2aq.jpg

So, I'm not a fan of the twat boxes over at Scene, but they just ID'd what might be a couple of small changes coming to our favorite helmet...

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has been saying all along that the team’s impending uniform makeover, due to be unveiled next spring, won’t include any changes to the helmet. BUT! A little birdie tells me there will be two — TWO! — changes to the helmet, as follows:

2. There will be a new shade of orange, which will be more like Oklahoma State’s or Oregon State’s color.

In short: The Browns’ helmet will look pretty much the same as before, except in the subtle ways it doesn’t.

I think we did discuss this and I really really like this. Something like how Seattle re-did their stripe being applied to the Brown/White stripe..

2017898304.jpg

This is so necessary. This would be the only reason I quoted my other post with the chrome-orange/candy-orange colored helmets.

Two years in a row with the gray/orange look for the Pro-Bowl? Could there have been a little foreshadowing?

I am not one for conspiracy theories, but it is possible that the NFL, Nike and the Browns have been paying attention to the reception of the new Pro-Bowl uniforms.. They are pretty "cutting edge" every year, so you be the judge.

2013-14 Pro-Bowl Unis.
Carucci_Call_Haden_576_022814.jpg

(For comparison (I think the orange above is more "pale", which would correlate with reports))
131226-joe-haden-top.jpg

2014-15 Pro-Bowl Unis.
B74fOHBCMAAJVv8.png:large

On the picture of this years uniforms, interesting they have the Broncos helmet on the Seahawk colored uniform, and the Seahawks helmet on the Bronco colored uniform.

It's been said before, Nike and the NFL were going to test the reception of possible new Browns Uni's via the Pro-Bowl jerseys.

This years Pro-Bowl uni's and last year's attest to that. So prepare to see some of these pro-bowl designs carry over to what will be the new browns uniforms for 2015..

Browns raising ticket prices this year.

And why not? They've got to pay for those upgrades the city of Cleveland paid for.

I stand 82 percent corrected.

In the Browns' defense, the ticket prices haven't raised since 2008. Now, you can insert 25 million jokes after that statement, but in the realm of ticket prices to pro sports events, that's a long time.

Shitty thing is, even if the move was absolutely necessary, it was always bound to not go well. It's a lose-lose. Make a better football team and raise prices and people will say, "you going to lower them when they suck?". Raise prices while the team is bad and people complain about how bad the team has been.

Just proves the point of checking out a game once a year is fun/good thing to do, but it is way better now/cheaper to either just watch it from home on your 60" and cheap beer, or even go to Muni and go catch it at a bar w/cheap beer.

Just proves the point of checking out a game once a year is fun/good thing to do, but it is way better now/cheaper to either just watch it from home on your 60" and cheap beer, or even go to Muni and go catch it at a bar w/cheap beer.

That's going to be the NFL's problem going forward... they need to figure out a way to make it worth it to go to the games again. Sure, it's fun to go for a game or two but the experience that I get in the stadium is rarely worth paying $50-$100 more than what I can get from my couch or a bar. The best part of it is the tailgating anyway given how bad the football is.

I honestly don't know how season ticket holders do it unless they have a lot of disposable income. Paying for crappy pre-season games and watching your tickets go for less than half price on StubHub would drive me crazy.

Splitting a Muni Lot spot - $5 or free
Splitting food (dogs/buns/chips/dips) - $10 (if that)
Buying your own case of beer - $17

Total: ~$30.

Go to a bar afterwards and drink 7 beers - ~$20 (depending where, but we're going cheap)
Get more lunch - $10

Grand total: $60 day to enjoy Browns from sunrise to failure.

Just seems like a way better option. That's why I am just the guy who attends 1 game a year. I am by no means poor or loaded, just makes sense.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."