• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Annual RCF Rate My Team/Who to Play Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It has to be because they are playing Denver and have a week 4 bye. But in the end months they have to play SF twice, at Carolina, at Phili, at KC..not exactly great matchups with teams that can put points on the board/good DEF at home.

But it is SEA D, you have to pick them up if you can.

Yeah, that's almost definitely why. I didn't even check their bye week. Whoops.

But they do have home games against Dallas, Oakland, the Giants, the Rams, and the Cardinals. All of those could be potential bloodbaths. If I need to hold on to them next week I'll just drop Terrence West. Between Charles, Le'Veon Bell, and Knile Davis, I should be covered at RB for week four.

So I got the Seattle D/ST on the waivers. I've decided that, rather than drop a potentially valuable bench guy (I like pretty much everyone on my bench), I'm just not going to play a defense next week. Fuck it. I'm 3-0 and have an average margin of victory of about fifty. If I lose because my defense had zero, it means the rest of my guys played like shit. I'm pretty sure my defense in weeks one and two had negative points anyway.

Somehow I've managed to pull together a 2 game winning streak without Jamal Charles, hoping he can recover for MNF next week though I'm going to need him. I've learned to never take a good player on a team that you do not trust in the first round.

Somehow I've managed to pull together a 2 game winning streak without Jamal Charles, hoping he can recover for MNF next week though I'm going to need him. I've learned to never take a good player on a team that you do not trust in the first round.

I'm just really glad I drafted Knile Davis at the end of my auction so I didn't have to worry about grabbing him on waivers last week. I'm in the same boat as you, though. I won my first two games with Charles putting up a combined six points.

I also won this week in my PPR league by 78 points. My opponent didn't even outscore the three guys I had that played on Thursday. :chuckle:

I need sixteen points from Brandon Marshall tonight to go three for three on the week. Let's hope he has a good game.

Last edited:
Stafford is really screwing me over the last couple weeks.

Was all set to win in one of my leagues until Antonio Brown (opponent) shredded my defense (Panthers) to the tune of 22 to -5 points. Bummer.

Stafford is really screwing me over the last couple weeks.

Was all set to win in one of my leagues until Antonio Brown (opponent) shredded my defense (Panthers) to the tune of 22 to -5 points. Bummer.

Same here I lost by 40 points. Stafford hasn't been his normal self the last 2 weeks. I hope it's just a fluke. Are you sticking it out with Stafford or would you move him.

I made a trade. My receivers are shit. I have good running backs. I traded forte for Julio Jones. My backs are Murray McCoy and bell. My receivers are Edelman, James Jones, Michael Floyd and corradel Paterson. So after the trade my lineup looks like this

Stafford
Mccoy
Murray
Jones
Paterson
Gronk
Cincinnati defense

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Same here I lost by 40 points. Stafford hasn't been his normal self the last 2 weeks. I hope it's just a fluke. Are you sticking it out with Stafford or would you move him.

I made a trade. My receivers are shit. I have good running backs. I traded forte for Julio Jones. My backs are Murray McCoy and bell. My receivers are Edelman, James Jones, Michael Floyd and corradel Paterson. So after the trade my lineup looks like this

Stafford
Mccoy
Murray
Jones
Paterson
Gronk
Cincinnati defense

Nice to see that, after all those awful trades you outlined over the past few pages, you ended up making one most of us would probably be okay with, especially given your depth at RB. As long as Julio stays healthy, he's a consensus WR1 in the NFL, and he's always capable of dropping the monster games like he just put up on Thursday.

Also, I'd be starting Murray and Bell every week until McCoy proves himself again. He's been mostly mediocre this year. I'm kicking myself that I used the first pick in my twelve team draft on him, at least for now. Then again, the other guys at the top of the list were Forte, Charles, and Peterson, so I guess there were no good options. :chuckle:

Nice to see that, after all those awful trades you outlined over the past few pages, you ended up making one most of us would probably be okay with, especially given your depth at RB. As long as Julio stays healthy, he's a consensus WR1 in the NFL, and he's always capable of dropping the monster games like he just put up on Thursday.

Also, I'd be starting Murray and Bell every week until McCoy proves himself again. He's been mostly mediocre this year. I'm kicking myself that I used the first pick in my twelve team draft on him, at least for now. Then again, the other guys at the top of the list were Forte, Charles, and Peterson, so I guess there were no good options. :chuckle:

Yeah I took Mccoy 1 overall too. He got me 1 point yesterday. Was he hurt? I didn't watch the game. I also don't know what to do with Stafford. I grabbed him in the 6th round and he's been terrible the last 2 weeks. I don't know if I should wait it out with him or try and trade for anther qb

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah I took Mccoy 1 overall too. He got me 1 point yesterday. Was he hurt? I didn't watch the game. I also don't know what to do with Stafford. I grabbed him in the 6th round and he's been terrible the last 2 weeks. I don't know if I should wait it out with him or try and trade for anther qb

He got hurt at one point but came back in later. He was just terrible every time he tried to run the ball. Sproles didn't do anything either, though, so I'm guessing it wasn't entirely his fault. Still, he hasn't been great so far this year, and considering he was probably drafted in the top five of every league, that's a major bummer. Hopefully he gets it together, because I'm going to need him putting up some respectable numbers to keep winning games. I won this week in my twelve-teamer despite my two RBs (McCoy and Rainey) combining for eight points. I should probably send Julio and Foles thank you cards.

I'd wait it out with Stafford. He's a good QB and he has the best receiver in the NFL to throw to, along with some solid additional weapons. Weak three is just too early to give up on him. If you're not comfortable with him in the short term, I'd just snag someone off of waivers until he gets his mojo back.

You and me both

Please describe the profile of the people in your league. Like age/experience level/etc.

Also would be interested in who the picks were in the first three rounds if you're able to copy-paste.

Please describe the profile of the people in your league. Like age/experience level/etc.

Also would be interested in who the picks were in the first three rounds if you're able to copy-paste.

All I know is there were some guys that never played before. I took Mccoy 1st overall the guy with the 2nd pick took the Seattle defense!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There's almost always at least one or two idiots in every league. The key is not being one of them. :chuckle:

For example, there's the guy who paid 17 or 18 bucks for the Seattle defense in my auction league, then proceeded to drop them after week two because they had one bad game and were playing Denver. They weren't great last night, but they gave me like five points where my last two weeks saw my defense put up negative numbers. Literally the only downside for me is that they have a bye next week and I'm unwilling to drop anyone on my bench, meaning I'll be getting a goose egg from the D/ST spot. I should still win, as my opponent is thought Lynch and Demaryius Thomas, so whatever.

Then there's the girl in my twelve-teamer who took Russell Wilson in the first round, sixth or seventh overall. Of course, she beat me in week one, so maybe I should shut up about this one.

There's almost always at least one or two idiots in every league. The key is not being one of them. :chuckle:

For example, there's the guy who paid 17 or 18 bucks for the Seattle defense in my auction league, then proceeded to drop them after week two because they had one bad game and were playing Denver. They weren't great last night, but they gave me like five points where my last two weeks saw my defense put up negative numbers. Literally the only downside for me is that they have a bye next week and I'm unwilling to drop anyone on my bench, meaning I'll be getting a goose egg from the D/ST spot. I should still win, as my opponent is thought Lynch and Demaryius Thomas, so whatever.

Then there's the girl in my twelve-teamer who took Russell Wilson in the first round, sixth or seventh overall. Of course, she beat me in week one, so maybe I should shut up about this one.

Haha yeah I know. I wish I could post the draft order the first round were crazy. I mean I got Matt forte with the last pick in the 2nd round. I also drafted Eddy Lacy too some guy dropped demarco Murray and another guy dropped bell and I gobbled him up. As much a s I'm stacked at running back my overall team is week. That's why I traded for Julio

Haha yeah I know. I wish I could post the draft order the first round were crazy. I mean I got Matt forte with the last pick in the 2nd round. I also drafted Eddy Lacy too some guy dropped demarco Murray and another guy dropped bell and I gobbled him up. As much a s I'm stacked at running back my overall team is week. That's why I traded for Julio

Who the hell drops Murray or Bell?

He'll if I know!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."