• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Welcome Lou Amundson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Decent signing one of those guys who's a great END of the rotation player...

...but less impactful when given an increased role.

How do we know its slow? There are already 2 pages dedicated to the signing of Lou Amundson.

Still not seeing any chance any of the 3 Utah guys will make the squad. And I'd guess 1 or more of Kirk/Powell/Crawford will be shipped as well.

Good point. The Cavs can aggregate the Utah 3 after Sept 22 for a somewhat useful player(even if it's not a big man). Powell can be included in a deal on the same date. Houston just dealt their non guaranteed contracts for the expiring contract of Jason Terry who I expect they could move again by the deadline in a bigger deal. The Cavs could do something similar and deal their non guaranteeds for an expiring which would consolidate the assets into 1 roster spot plus give them additional time up to the trade deadline to make a possible deal.

I always liked him in the past, no reason why, i just did.

Besides we need a good euro name since we lost Karasev

He won't make the team...

We are really going to be an all-time annoying team to play with so many scorers/shooters and then the Andy/Lou goofy hair duo flailing around and touching people in inappropriate places.
You forgot Delly in the All annoying list. Just for shots and giggles we should run a AV, Lou, Delly, Lebron, and Marion lineup. Not sure we could score enough with LeIso but it would be fun to watch on defense

Sort of indifferent...I mean, he's fine for some spot minutes if he makes the team. Who am I to say if he has already built some chemistry with his potential teammates? That said, the "opportunity cost" argument has some validity here. Cavs could have signed (or even drafted) Khem Birch, who went undrafted, performed well during summer league, and has signed with Miami. Birch has a very similar skill set as Amundson, but is 22 and could turn into a longterm piece. Of course, he might not as well, but his numbers at UNLV project well as a rebounder and potential shot blocker. Would have been an opportunity to balance out some of the vet signings with a young guy who might have some potential and could turn into a decent role player.

He's like a drug-free Scot Pollard. Cool I guess?

Love it. Another end of the rotation player who could play spot minutes without sucking, whether due to injury or blowout.

This is the kind of signing that makes the practice scrimmages that much more effective. If our first team offense has to run sets against TT, Amundson, Delly, and the Matrix, it will catalyze our chemistry.

A year ago Jack and Bynum were our big signings, I can get behind this seeing the Off season we really had. Amazing.

Guess its a good signing. High energy big who is tough.Our big man core is straight NASTY. They all rebound and they all defend to the best of their ability.(Except Love). But I see even him being good this year at least in help D(Not at the rim) and 1 on 1 situations.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."