• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Series #49 -|- Indians @ Twins -|- Sept. 19th, 20th, and 21st

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
2014 Series #49
Cleveland-Indians-vs.-Minnesota-Twins.JPG

Cleveland Indians (79-73) vs. Minnesota Twins (65-87)

Live from Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota

182351646_20130930120323_640_480.JPG

Pitching Matchups

Game #1 -- September 19th, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Trevor Bauer (5-8); 4.04 ERA; 135 K vs. Phil Hughes (15-10); 3.56 ERA; 176 K

Game #2 -- September 20th, 2014 at 7:10 PM

T.J. House (3-3); 3.42 ERA; 73 K vs. Trevor May (3-4); 7.71 ERA; 34 K

Game #3 -- September 21st, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Corey Kluber (16-9); 2.54 ERA; 244 K vs. TBA

Projected Lineups
-| Please note lineups are a projection done at the beginning of the series and may not be entirely accurate for all games -|

Cleveland

Bourn - Ramirez - Brantley - Santana - Kipnis - Gomes - Chisenhall - Murphy - Shuck

Minnesota

Santana - Dozier - Mauer - Vargas - Plouffe - Suzuki - Nunez - Hicks - Schafer

I fully expect them to take the next two...had to have a sweep though.

backend of the bullpen keeps letting them down...also not a fan of bringing in Tomlin at any point in a must win game...and why the hell is JB Shuck starting again

This team is incredibly frustrating, I'd rather be 20 games under .500 than dealing with this shit.

backend of the bullpen keeps letting them down...also not a fan of bringing in Tomlin at any point in a must win game...and why the hell is JB Shuck starting again

The bullpen is taxed. They had to go to Tomlin.

This team is incredibly frustrating, I'd rather be 20 games under .500 than dealing with this shit.

Heavily disagree. I'd much rather have our playoff hopes dashed in September than late July (or even earlier). You aren't going to make the playoffs every year, but you do expect to be playing meaingful baseball games in September. The Indians have done so.

The bullpen is taxed. They had to go to Tomlin.

No, we didn't. We could've stuck with Crockett, who had just made a righty look bad. Not a fan of bringing in a pitch-to-contact guy with bases loaded and the winning run on 3rd with less than 2 outs.

No, we didn't. We could've stuck with Crockett, who had just made a righty look bad. Not a fan of bringing in a pitch-to-contact guy with bases loaded and the winning run on 3rd with less than 2 outs.

Don't forget who was the one who loaded the bases.

Crockett and Tomlin are both bad against RHH and have similar K/9 (Tomlin a tad higher). Tito went with the veteran, it didn't work out.

So Tribe is two games away from having a minimum of a .500 season. About where they projected initially in all of this.

Yeah most preseason things I read had the Tribe at 82-86 wins. Looks to be right on the money.

1. Corey Kluber has the lowest ERA in the rotation.
2. Francisco Lindor becomes the starting shortstop in late April or Early May
3. Austin Adams gets called up and becomes the Indians 2nd best reliever (behind Cody Allen)
4. The Murphy/Raburn platoon in RF proves to be the Indians most production position "player"
5. The Indians finish with the best record in the AL, and still only beat out the Royals by a game in the division.
Well, 1/5 is pretty terrible, and my misses were horrendous, but I take full credit for Kluber's rise to stardom.

Wasn't really my prediction but I was right about Cody Allen being the teams best reliever, but I think everyone knew that he was prior to the season.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."