• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Free Agency Period: News and Discussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Looks like bulls could be trading for Kevin Martin.

Bulls are so shit in trade rumors they can only trade with another team with shit trade rumors, the Lakers

Dunleavy + Snell for K Mart are you shitting me?

Bulls are so shit in trade rumors they can only trade with another team with shit trade rumors, the Lakers

Dunleavy + Snell for K Mart are you shitting me?
He will help scoring bit they won't want him and Pau on same court for long periods.

Priority Sports, Amundson's agency, is posting about him signing with the Cavaliers. They haven't said the terms of the deal, however.

According to Ohio.com, the Cavs are now weighing the possibilities of using Brendan Haywood’s $10.5 million contract and those of several other nonguaranteed players in a play for Roy Hibbert, who reports are the Indiana Pacers are leery of paying $15.5 million to next season in the wake of Paul George almost certainly being sidelined for the entire season.
If the Hibbert talks should fizzle out, the Cavs are also reported to hold a genuine interest in the rugged Larry Sanders. Coming off a season where he played in just 23 games for the Bucks due to torn ligament in his thumb, Sanders will be entering the first year of a four-year, $44 million deal. In his last full NBA season, Sanders ranked third in the league in blocks, behind Hibbert and the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka.
http://triangleoffense.com/news/cle...oy-hibbert-or-larry-sanders-as-rim-protector/

Haywood's contract isn't worth that much until next year right? I'm not sure we have the contracts to swing a deal for Hibbert or even Sanders this offseason. Next, year would be much easier with Haywood having the huge non-guaranteed bump in pay.

According to Ohio.com, the Cavs are now weighing the possibilities of using Brendan Haywood’s $10.5 million contract and those of several other nonguaranteed players in a play for Roy Hibbert, who reports are the Indiana Pacers are leery of paying $15.5 million to next season in the wake of Paul George almost certainly being sidelined for the entire season.
If the Hibbert talks should fizzle out, the Cavs are also reported to hold a genuine interest in the rugged Larry Sanders. Coming off a season where he played in just 23 games for the Bucks due to torn ligament in his thumb, Sanders will be entering the first year of a four-year, $44 million deal. In his last full NBA season, Sanders ranked third in the league in blocks, behind Hibbert and the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka.
http://triangleoffense.com/news/cle...oy-hibbert-or-larry-sanders-as-rim-protector/
Haywood is not worth 10 mill in trade value until next summer. Poor job by the ABJ, (especially since they are now charging for access to coverage)

Haywood is not worth 10 mill in trade value until next summer. Poor job by the ABJ, (especially since they are now charging for access to coverage)

It is not a poor job by the ABJ; it is a bad job of triangleoffense.com translating what Lloyd reported. Lloyd was speculating on what the Cavs might do for 2015 (after Haywood's contract accrues in value), and triangleoffense neglected to mention that part.

Also, both items were published a month ago. There is no new news here.

--
This is an excerpt from what the ABJ published on Aug. 24
(http://enjoy.ohio.com/jason-lloyd-c...e-cusp-of-building-a-new-nba-dynasty-1.516200)

Remember the unique Brendan Haywood nonguaranteed contract, worth $10.5 million for the 2015-16 season, that the Cavs acquired on draft night? At the time, it was viewed as a shrewd maneuver aimed at adding a high-priced veteran next summer. Now with three stars already in place, it becomes a lavish luxury.

The Cavs still badly need a rim protector, so how would Roy Hibbert or Larry Sanders look playing alongside James and Love in 2015?

Hibbert crumbled last year with the Indiana Pacers, who are now without star Paul George for this season. Hibbert holds a $15.5 million player option for 2015-16, but he’s playing for a historically tight-fisted franchise that has never entered the luxury tax and has no intention of starting now.

The Cavs could take the Haywood contract, cobble together smaller nonguaranteed deals and easily make the money portion match in a deal for a 7-foot former All-Star.

Sanders, meanwhile, is beginning a four-year, $44 million extension with the Bucks that he signed last summer. He celebrated by getting into a bar fight, tearing a ligament in his thumb and appearing in just 23 games during a miserable season.

Sanders ranked third in the league in blocks two years ago (behind Hibbert and Serge Ibaka) and if he returns to form this year. there shouldn’t be an issue. But if he struggles to live up to the contract, how will a new ownership group in Milwaukee — which wasn’t around when the deal was agreed upon — feel about paying him that much money on a rebuilding team?

It is not a poor job by the ABJ; it is a bad job of triangleoffense.com translating what Lloyd reported. Lloyd was speculating on what the Cavs might do for 2015 (after Haywood's contract accrues in value), and triangleoffense neglected to mention that part.

Also, both items were published a month ago. There is no new news here.

--
This is an excerpt from what the ABJ published on Aug. 24
(http://enjoy.ohio.com/jason-lloyd-c...e-cusp-of-building-a-new-nba-dynasty-1.516200)

Remember the unique Brendan Haywood nonguaranteed contract, worth $10.5 million for the 2015-16 season, that the Cavs acquired on draft night? At the time, it was viewed as a shrewd maneuver aimed at adding a high-priced veteran next summer. Now with three stars already in place, it becomes a lavish luxury.

The Cavs still badly need a rim protector, so how would Roy Hibbert or Larry Sanders look playing alongside James and Love in 2015?

Hibbert crumbled last year with the Indiana Pacers, who are now without star Paul George for this season. Hibbert holds a $15.5 million player option for 2015-16, but he’s playing for a historically tight-fisted franchise that has never entered the luxury tax and has no intention of starting now.

The Cavs could take the Haywood contract, cobble together smaller nonguaranteed deals and easily make the money portion match in a deal for a 7-foot former All-Star.

Sanders, meanwhile, is beginning a four-year, $44 million extension with the Bucks that he signed last summer. He celebrated by getting into a bar fight, tearing a ligament in his thumb and appearing in just 23 games during a miserable season.

Sanders ranked third in the league in blocks two years ago (behind Hibbert and Serge Ibaka) and if he returns to form this year. there shouldn’t be an issue. But if he struggles to live up to the contract, how will a new ownership group in Milwaukee — which wasn’t around when the deal was agreed upon — feel about paying him that much money on a rebuilding team?

I took the poster at his word that it came from the ABJ, so there is alot of blame to go around. ( I dont visit the site since they put up the pay wall, Still laugh at anyone that pays for info that is available for free at 50 different other sites, but that is a whole different conversation.

With the PD hiring real Basketball reporters and getting a legit Cavs Espn beat guy, I wonder how pissed Lloyd is that people have to go through hoops to get his articles. I wonder if Lloyd tried to get the PD job and lost out? The ABJ's future does not look great.
Bottom line, in terms of Basketball, I really hope we get value out of the Utah trade.
I think Felix will be a serviceable backup, and that second rounder could have been a Euro stash that pays of some day. Not a huge trade to get angry about, but I would be a bit disappointed if we just cut all 3 Utah players.

I took the poster at his word that it came from the ABJ, so there is alot of blame to go around.

My post was meant as clarification, not blame (except towards triangleoffense, which deserves it).

Not a huge trade to get angry about, but I would be a bit disappointed if we just cut all 3 Utah players.

Me too.

----

On another note:

My post was meant as clarification, not blame (except towards triangleoffense, which deserves it).

Me too.

----

On another note:

If sessions wants to come for the minimum that would be great. But I doubt it. He will want to get paid. And even if the cavs had money to spend I wouldn't give it to him. His skill is scoring and that's redundant with our team.

I honestly don't even want Hibbert. I think he'd just clog the lane for our slashers, and I'd take a healthy Andy over him anyway.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."