• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Destiny

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm at level 18 right now due to not really having a lot of time to play this game. I should have plenty of time this weekend, though. I'm on call at work from right now until next Thursday, so my weekend will be pretty uneventful.

For anyone willing to put in the time, I can't remember the name of the mission, but the description is something along the lines of follow the guardians steps. It's a level 6 mission on Moon. I was getting about 35 kills in 2 minutes, in 40-45 I had 2 legendary engrams, 3 blue, and 6k glimmer.

So I imagine there's guides out there, but the important part is not killing the Hallowed Knight. If you do it triggers another checkpoint, which you don't want.

Basically kill the thralls, and acolytes and leave the knight to his vices. Since they are level 9 (on hard), then let the Knight slay you.

For anyone willing to put in the time, I can't remember the name of the mission, but the description is something along the lines of follow the guardians steps. It's a level 6 mission on Moon. I was getting about 35 kills in 2 minutes, in 40-45 I had 2 legendary engrams, 3 blue, and 6k glimmer.

So I imagine there's guides out there, but the important part is not killing the Hallowed Knight. If you do it triggers another checkpoint, which you don't want.

Basically kill the thralls, and acolytes and leave the knight to his vices. Since they are level 9 (on hard), then let the Knight slay you.

I saw that one on youtube. Haven't tried it yet.
I've just been spamming the cave one. I got a few legendaries from it ( one for another class... i was a bit pissed) I have 11 strange coin.... Need two more for this weekend.
If anyone wants to do weekly strikes, hit me up.

I'm about to get on and do Strikes for a couple hours if anyone wants to play. PSN: Oohdang

I was thinking about going with a digital copy this weekend since I'm off but you guys sound like beat down drones talking about it. I think I might skip this one, sounds too grindy for my liking.

So today in my infinite rage I scoured the internet for leveling tips. Fuck grinding my way to the top, Neogaf has an awesome, very helpful guide for leveling.

There is still some grinding, in particular (for me) the PVP. I like the strikes so getting the vanguard stuff isn't too bad.

Another thing I find a lot easier about the strategy I was talking about earlier, well two things really. The first, just buy the green engrams the cryptarch has (if he has them) because it levels you up faster. For every cryptarch level you get a package in the mail. If you grind the dark beyond mission for a couple hours, not only will you have engrams to decode, which level you up a lot, but you will have enough glimmer to power your way through at least a level of the cryptarch, which in my experience nets you a legendary engram.

The second thing is since it is a mission, there is no sharing of the kills. Once you get the pattern down, it's pretty easy to get 30+ kills in about 2 minutes. At least 4 waves of enemies in a single wax idol thing.

Anyways back to the no grinding, or at least less grinding. Just play the strikes, PVP, and get your reputation up through that. Time consuming, but at least you aren't standing in one spot for 4 hours praying for a good drop. The only problem with legendary and exotic gear is the level up requirements for their stats.

The ascendant whatevers in particular. I only have 6 total, every + defense (which raises light by +2) takes at least 6. Then there is the getting materials like spinmetal, which is slightly cumbersome.

Anyways, hope I can help. If you really want that guide, go to Neogaf, find the Destiny OT4, and in the OP it has links to the guides. It has me much less frustrated, I even leveled today after not much effort on my part. Hell I might have hit 27 if I hadn't ran out of glimmer.

You know the weekly strike on the left side of the screen? That gives you strange coins as a reward? I thought it would match me with 2 people but it didn't, so I solo'd the summoning pits. I managed to get to the big chained up guy and couldn't beat it on my own, but it was fun as hell trying. The strikes in this game are pretty cool. I'm really liking destiny so far, but I have done zero grinding yet (level 24)

If any ps4 people want to group up on occasion add tehshad

I'm a level 24 warlock currently looking for more for strikes/crucibles

Have a message rcf if you send a friend invite

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You know the weekly strike on the left side of the screen? That gives you strange coins as a reward? I thought it would match me with 2 people but it didn't, so I solo'd the summoning pits. I managed to get to the big chained up guy and couldn't beat it on my own, but it was fun as hell trying. The strikes in this game are pretty cool. I'm really liking destiny so far, but I have done zero grinding yet (level 24)

Just got done with that mission..
It took us about 2 and a half hours to finish it.. The last boss on lvl 22 is really hard and we had 2 lvl 25s in the room... I'm never playing that strike again haha.

Finally got to lvl 26. I was able to get my first exotic gear. I keep getting gear for other classes. I bought an exotic gear from xur for 23 Motes of Light and when I decoded it, it was for Titan... I was fucking pissed. I have got to have the worse luck ever.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted. Good thing i got my exotic gear already.
Destiny just got DDOS'ed.
everyone got kicked out of game (Good thing I was only chest farming) Hopefully its back up by tonight.

Last edited:
Just got done with that mission..
It took us about 2 and a half hours to finish it.. The last boss on lvl 22 is really hard and we had 2 lvl 25s in the room... I'm never playing that strike again haha.

Yeah, I just did that one on Level 22 with my two Level 26 friends. I am Level 22. We died about five times before we finally got it. Those fucking wizards were wrecking us.

Shopped around today looking for some kind of bundle including Destiny. When it first launched, Microsoft let you get it for free with a console. Not so much anymore.

I know about the PS4 bundle, but I thought MS was really onto something when they included a loop-hole bundle of their own. Didn't know it'd get yanked in a week.

I was about 80% ready to take the plunge and get an xbox one with it today. Now I don't see myself going next-gen for a while. Kind of a bummer.

Shopped around today looking for some kind of bundle including Destiny. When it first launched, Microsoft let you get it for free with a console. Not so much anymore.

I know about the PS4 bundle, but I thought MS was really onto something when they included a loop-hole bundle of their own. Didn't know it'd get yanked in a week.

I was about 80% ready to take the plunge and get an xbox one with it today. Now I don't see myself going next-gen for a while. Kind of a bummer.

Playstation is the console getting all the exclusives for Destiny anyway. Heard rumors it's going to have the expansions almost a full year before the other systems.

Playstation is the console getting all the exclusives for Destiny anyway. Heard rumors it's going to have the expansions almost a full year before the other systems.
That's horrible if true. Honestly, for a game like Destiny, a month like the COD dlc would be way too much. The vanilla game has a fairly lackluster amount of content as it is.

Hopefully it's no longer than a month. I know certain weapons are a year lock, maybe some of the missions are too, but the dlc... That would be another level of bullshit.

4 and a half hours I spent farming the earth cave last night. I needed 1 strange coin so I could buy my first exotic. I managed to level my cryptarch up from 4 to 6 in that time frame. Not 1 fucking strange coin or a legendary item. I'm officially done with this rotting pile of shit game.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."