• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Pi and Avatar were still ok flicks without being in a theater. Saw the beginning of Gravity and fell asleep. Seemed slow.

Just watched Dallas Buyers Club. Easily an 8.5/10. Had no idea what I was getting into. Had no idea what a buyers club was and that they were creating businesses to circumvent the DEA and supply black market experimental drugs. Thought it was going to be a way more fucked up movie about drug abuse and shit like that than it was. Really dug it.

That and Jared Leto in drag gave me a shame inducing erection.

Escape for Alcatraz - 9/10
I'm currently on a Clint Eastwood streak. I have The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly up next.

That's what they call Quad, Deezy and I when we hit the town.

I'm the good.

Chef 9.5 / 10 I enjoyed the hell out of this movie, only minor issue was that it ran a little bit long but it really wasn't a big deal.

OldBoy - I had no idea where it was going. There were elements that made zero sense. But the ending was disturbing.

I never really know where Spike Lee is going with some of his films. It almost seems like this was 2 scripts combined into one.

Josh Brolin's character.... I need to marinate on the fact that he did what he did. (No spoilers).

It had potential to be good, but it just went for the ultimate WTF.

Just watched Putin's Kiss, a documentary about a girl in the Nashi (Our) youth movement in Russia. The movement is pro-Russia in an nauseatingly, extremist way (i.e., the manner in which they crack down on dissenters). I'd give it a 9/10. It is slow and perhaps not that riveting, but I have an interest in the matter so it appeals to me.

It was strange to watch. I do support push for nationalism in Ukraine, in that I see it as a way toward independence and a better future. The country needs it. But, at the same time, it makes me edgy. It MUST come with a strong reverence for democracy. The two much go hand-in-hand. If not, one can see how it can easily get exploited and perverted to push a political agenda, as in Russia. It is a difficult balancing act.

I know USAID and the NED (National Endowment for Democracy), among other organizations, have programs to promote the principles of democracy and good governance in Ukraine. The investment needs to be even greater. It is paramount to teach these principles.

Coherence.

Low budget sci-fi movie that has that dude who played Xander on Buffy. Really interesting movie that makes you want to watch it multiple times to catch all the little details. It's a very simple movie that only takes place inside a single house (sort of), but it remains interesting throughout. The basic premise is that a group of friends are having a dinner party as a comet passes over Earth, and then things start to get weird. I'd write more, but you really want to go into this thing blind like I did. It makes it a lot more fun as you try to piece together what's happening early on.

It's almost like a long episode of The Twilight Zone. I wasn't a huge fan of the ending, and I thought the movie left a lot of potentially fun avenues unexplored, but ultimately I wasn't bored and I enjoyed the unique premise. Definitely worth a watch. 8/10

Just watched Putin's Kiss, a documentary about a girl in the Nashi (Our) youth movement in Russia. The movement is pro-Russia in an nauseatingly, extremist way (i.e., the manner in which they crack down on dissenters). I'd give it a 9/10. It is slow and perhaps not that riveting, but I have an interest in the matter so it appeals to me.

It was strange to watch. I do support push for nationalism in Ukraine, in that I see it as a way toward independence and a better future. The country needs it. But, at the same time, it makes me edgy. It MUST come with a strong reverence for democracy. The two much go hand-in-hand. If not, one can see how it can easily get exploited and perverted to push a political agenda, as in Russia. It is a difficult balancing act.

I know USAID and the NED (National Endowment for Democracy), among other organizations, have programs to promote the principles of democracy and good governance in Ukraine. The investment needs to be even greater. It is paramount to teach these principles.

Ehhh...... nationalism most places devolves into racism; Ukraine is no different. Lot's of racists in their nationalist movement. Anti-communism and Nazism runs rampant. I'd be wary of supporting "nationalism in Ukraine."

Ehhh...... nationalism most places devolves into racism; Ukraine is no different. Lot's of racists in their nationalist movement. Anti-communism and Nazism runs rampant. I'd be wary of supporting "nationalism in Ukraine."

I am wary. It is a dilemma for me. Devoid of it, I don't see Ukrainians freeing themselves from the orbit of Russia. I don't see them rising above the corruption, and embracing a higher goal a stable country over immediate personal interests. I just don't. No way will this happen without it. Yet, as you stated, in most places it devolves into racism. And it isn't like Ukraine hasn't had a troubled past. But, also I think as a whole Ukrainians are pragmatic. My hope is that this pragmatism mitigates racism, knowing that the West will not embrace them if racism runs rampant. Foolish idealism? Perhaps. Time may tell.

I don't know what the alternative is. I am not willing to say, "Just walk away from Ukraine and let Russia absorb it."

The Untouchables - 8/10 - keeping on the Boardwalk Empire interest, this was pretty much up my alley. Although, I wanted more Capone, but it was enjoyable. Brutal, just like I like it.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - 10/10 - I haven't seen any old westerns, but this was a fantastic start.

The Untouchables - 8/10 - keeping on the Boardwalk Empire interest, this was pretty much up my alley. Although, I wanted more Capone, but it was enjoyable. Brutal, just like I like it.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - 10/10 - I haven't seen any old westerns, but this was a fantastic start.
The Untouchables is top notch in gangster movies to me. DeNiro as Capone was brilliant and that bat scene was epic. Plus, anything with Connery in it has a slight advantage.

it's only gonna go downhill from here, there might only be one or two westerns ("Once Upon a Time in the West" comes to mind) which are better than that one. from the cast to the soundtrack just a perfect movie imho

Do yourself a favor and watch the entire Dollars trilogy. Become familiar with Gian Maria Volonte.

Filth - fucking awesome with some amazing acting. I don't think it gets more recognition because it's so blunt and weird. It's also extremely Scottish which may hurt its mainstream accessibility.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."