• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-2015 National Champs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hope those concerts were worth his career. These kids are dumb.

This game already has me bored

Meanwhile VT is getting blitzed early by ECU

Yeah these cupcake games are just awful.

I'm going to work.

Ohio State's WRs are absolute trash. All of them.

I know it is only kent, but this is exactly the type of game osu needed to have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VT loses again! SMH

The sky is blue and Michigan still sucks

Hoke has to beat at least 1 of MSU/OSU if he wants a prayer of keeping his job.

Yea that VT loss is looking like one of the worst losses in a while.

On a brighter note, pretty decent day for the Big Ten. Yea, Michigan is gonna lose, but a REALLY surprising win by Indiana in Missouri more than makes up for it. Iowa won at Pittsburgh and Maryland won at Syracuse. Some pretty decent wins.

Meyer: 'I thought I was dying' in '09

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer told HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" he was depressed while coaching at Florida in 2009, lost 37 pounds and was "mentally broke."

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Dave MartinOhio State coach Urban Meyer said he was depressed while coaching at Florida in 2009, lost 37 pounds and was 'mentally broke.'
Meyer was suffering from chest pains and self-medicating for his stress.

"Now I'm taking two Ambiens," Meyer told the HBO show. "I would drink a beer on top of it, just to get some sleep. Not many people know that.

"And I go from 217 pounds to 180 pounds. I lose 37 pounds."

That all occurred when the Gators were undefeated in 2009 -- until losing to Alabama in the SEC title game.

After the loss to the Crimson Tide, Meyer was admitted into a hospital with chest pains.

"They said, 'We don't believe it was a heart attack.' " Meyer said. "So, OK, 'Well, what is it?' 'We don't know.'

"And then you start thinking, 'There's something wrong with me mentally, you know? What is going on here?' "

Meyer said he was depressed.

"I thought I was dying," Meyer said. "Mentally, I was broke."

Meyer said after Florida won the national title after the 2008 season he didn't -- and couldn't -- enjoy the victory. He began recruiting literally minutes after the 24-14 win over Oklahoma in the BCS title game in Miami ended.

"I was in a panic situation," Meyer said. "We just won it. We got to do it again. I close the door. And I started just recruiting. One of my friends came and said, 'What are you doing?' He said, 'Enjoy, what's wrong with you, man? Enjoy this.' I tried."

In 2009, Meyer resigned as Florida's coach before the Sugar Bowl, but then changed his mind and stayed. He left Florida for good after the 2010 season. He worked as an ESPN analyst in 2011 before becoming Ohio State's head coach in 2012.

The "Real Sports" episode featuring Meyer debuts Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...r-says-was-mentally-broke-florida-gators-2009

Christ Hoke and Michigan are a dumpster fire. What will it take to turn that program around? I don't get how you can recruit all that talent and still blow. Has to be leadership and coaching.

Christ Hoke and Michigan are a dumpster fire. What will it take to turn that program around? I don't get how you can recruit all that talent and still blow. Has to be leadership and coaching.
Harbaugh or Les Miles.

TyWD84w.png

Torrance Gibson is visiting this weekend. I will be at the game, pumped.

If you happen to be in Columbus this weekend, don't wear black OSU gear. UC is trying to get their fans to "blackout" Ohio Stadium. That will be funny to see.

ds8gc.gif

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."