• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New TV Series to watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
He seems like the only one who looks convincing in his part - Everybody else seems so ....underwhelming in their parts (part of the blame has to go to the makers). This show suffers from consistency and a lack of stand out characters and they really need to fire the guy in charge of putting the wigs !!! George costanza had a better toupe in The Beard episode.

I really like the guy who plays Setrakian, at least when they're not butchering his character by having him go crazy and try to run into a room totally packed with vampires. He's perfect for the role...the writing just sucks.

I think the show has fine casting. It's just that everyone does stupid things for dubious reasons and the dialogue can be really bad. They also focus on things, like the stupid kid and the crazy old lady, that literally no one, no one, gives a shit about. Like, can I just sit down in a writing room on a bad show like The Strain or The Walking Dead, put a shock collar on the writers, and then zap the fuck out of them every time they try to write a scene like that? How does that get past the brainstorming session? "You know what this horror show could really use? A scene where an Alzheimer's patient tries to get a little kid to go buy her a pack of smokes and he treats her with nothing but disdain!"

Also, the special effects work on the Master is just godawful. It's so bad and fake-looking that it just takes you out of the show whenever he's on screen.

I really like the guy who plays Setrakian, at least when they're not butchering his character by having him go crazy and try to run into a room totally packed with vampires. He's perfect for the role...the writing just sucks.

I think the show has fine casting. It's just that everyone does stupid things for dubious reasons and the dialogue can be really bad. They also focus on things, like the stupid kid and the crazy old lady, that literally no one, no one, gives a shit about. Like, can I just sit down in a writing room on a bad show like The Strain or The Walking Dead, put a shock collar on the writers, and then zap the fuck out of them every time they try to write a scene like that? How does that get past the brainstorming session? "You know what this horror show could really use? A scene where an Alzheimer's patient tries to get a little kid to go buy her a pack of smokes and he treats her with nothing but disdain!"

Also, the special effects work on the Master is just godawful. It's so bad and fake-looking that it just takes you out of the show whenever he's on screen.

I actually like the Master. His special effect is so horrible that for once i am not concentrating on the acting .... lol. I think this will go down among the list of shows that never lived up to its potential.

For the ones who have read the books - Is the book much better ?

Last edited:
I actually like the Master. His special effect is so horrible that for once i am not concentrating on the acting .... lol. I think this will go down among the list of shows that never lived up to its potential.

For the once who have read the books - Is the book much better ?

The books are certainly better than the show. The real problem I see with the show is that they needed to do a full season, so they started padding the content from the first book with extra stuff that no one cares about, like that blond hacker chick (she's not in the books at all), or the kid and old lady. Sometimes these scenes are okay (such as the extra scenes with Eichorst). Most of the time they are awful.

The books weren't great, but they were entertaining and, more importantly, pretty brisk. The stuff with Eph and his family was still obnoxious, but the books were short enough that they didn't spend too much time on that nonsense when there was a war against vampires to be won.

I am fairly confident that the show will be better in the second season. The books got progressively more interesting as the situation for humanity grew worse, and I doubt that will be any different on the show.

The show has to get better. You have to get to know the characters and their back story in the 1st season. There are probably going to be more characters revealed in later seasons but the back story will be quick.

YOu will have your slow episodes moving forward, just like in Game of Thrones, but I have high hopes for the finale and next season.

Maybe the vampires can start tonguing Nora's clothes off.

I watched Stalker - It started out great, - woman running to her car, get's doused with gasoline by a guy wearing a creepy mask. Get's in her gasoline drenched car and he lights a match. It was a WTF moment... but as all things that start out that way, the decline came pretty quickly.
It became obvious that this show is nothing more than SVU - Stalker Edition, but on CBS.

It's cliche - Detective of the unit (Maggie Q) is herself a victim of stalking. New guy added to the unit (Dylan McDermott) comes off as a know-it-all- ass, who isn't remotely likable. Red flags within his first scene and you get the feeling that something isn't quite right with him. Fast forward to the last minute of the show, he is a stalker.

I honestly don't see this show lasting.

Anybody watch the show resurrection?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

For the ones who have read the books - Is the book much better ?

I'll disagree with Jack and say no. Good stuff and good ideas diluted with painful attempts at overwrought emotions, pointless deviations from the main plot, and annoying characters who manage to get worse as the series goes on. I'm still watching, but I honestly don't know how much more I can take of Eph and his girlfriend. And as much as it pains me to say it, the whole Eph/son/wife aspect of the story arguably gets worse as well. For Jack....

after the son gets captured by the Master, Eph goes off on the deep end whining about him and his ex, then whining about Nora apparently being more interested in Fet than in Eph, then we get the kid being raised by the Master....it made the third book almost unreadable for me.

Children of the Night, by Dan Simmons, is just much better execution of a similar idea.

Last edited:
Yeah, I enjoyed the third book conceptually, but they spent entirely too much time on Eph whining and generally being a dumbass. Hopefully the show will stray from that a bit and focus on the more interesting world around him. I did like the ending, though.

Twin Peaks is set to return in 2016. The first two seasons from the early 90's are probably my favorite David Lynch work.

So many unanswered questions when that series ended. One of my favorites. I think I may just start watching it, again.

Anyone seen The Flash yet? I rate Batman a 10 and The Flash a 3 in the superhero world. But in a "Gotham" VS "The Flash" TV show battle, those numbers definitely swap places for me. The Flash was more "superhero-ey" (which isn't always my cup of tea), but I enjoyed it from a cinematic, sonic and story-telling standpoint far more than Gotham. In saying that, I'm crossing my fingers that Gotham improves. Really hate that it's letting me down.

So the Strain ... I liked it, it was not slow or boring but again the logic ....

so if u are hunting a herd of vampires in a darkened building during daytime wont it make more sense to leave you kid home ? and if u do chose to give wont a gun with silver bullets make more sense than a knife ?And if a knife is it then wont it make more sense to give the boy a knife longer than the vampires probosis ?

So the Strain ... I liked it, it was not slow or boring but again the logic ....

so if u are hunting a herd of vampires in a darkened building during daytime wont it make more sense to leave you kid home ? and if u do chose to give wont a gun with silver bullets make more sense than a knife ?And if a knife is it then wont it make more sense to give the boy a knife longer than the vampires probosis ?

I think it is because Nora was explaining how if you leave your kid behind, like she did her mother, you can't protect them. If he has his kid by his side, at least he can give it a shot to protect him. Maybe this is just my thinking but also he knows if Eichhorst captures the kid, he will give up to get him back. So might as well have him by side.

this episode was a lot better. Finally getting those cool dudes involved. I can't wait to see what they have the one guy doing for them. You see The Master doesn't get extremely killed in the sun, so shit can get real. It was nice seeing the wife come back a vampire.

Overall, a good season finale considering how some of the episodes were slow as shit during the regular season. Now he just needs to keep this pace up in season 2.

Impractical Jokers, one of the funniest shows out there in my opinion.

If I ever feel I need a laugh I watch one of the episodes on my DVR. One of my favorite ones they do is when they have to get in front of a class/group and the other 2 behind the scenes make the slides for them.

Always classic.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."