• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Cleveland Browns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm confident Brady would like the "shitty" wide receivers who so often are wide open as opposed to the dumpster fire in New England.

But seriously though, we should all stop talking about this.

People said the same thing about Peyton Manning. Now the Broncos are back to being an elite team.

Peyton Manning's talent was never in question, his health was. Different situation altogether.

The real question is whether we could bring ourselves to like Tom Brady if he were here, or if there would be a heavy amount of self-loathing involved.

I'm going with the latter. He's just so unlikable.

I'm confident Brady would like the "shitty" wide receivers who so often are wide open as opposed to the dumpster fire in New England.

But seriously though, we should all stop talking about this.

I think the problem in New England rhymes with Yosh McDangles...

People said the same thing about Peyton Manning. Now the Broncos are back to being an elite team.

Until he retires any year now then they circle the drain once more.

Can he long snap?

Bengals 3-1
Ravens 3-2
Steelers 3-2
Browns 2-2

looking at the division standings, this game at home vs. the Steelers sunday can be a season-defining result... Almost like the away bengals game last season. A win pushes us to 3-2, potentially tied for first or second in the division, with a stretch of games against the Jaguars, Raiders, and Buccaneers.

It would also just be nice to get back at the Steelers for dominating the shit out of the Browns for a half week 1 and taking advantage of a Browns choke job late in the game.

Would love to see a blowout in that one rather than a close game...

Three performances of note, via PFF

Joe Thomas, LT: +4.2
Breakdown: After two average weeks Joe Thomas was back to his dominating best against the Titans. Thomas was perfect in Pass Protection and finished with a +2.4 as run blocker. The only negative was an unnecessary roughness penalty he received in the 4th quarter.

Signature Play: 3rd Quarter 7:01 2nd-and-4. Thomas is lined up against Karl Klug and Thomas moves him away from the point of attack and ends up blocking him to the ground.

K’Waun Williams, CB: +3.6

Breakdown: An undrafted rookie out of Pittsburg, K’Waun Williams showed that while he lacks the ideal height, he could see a productive role as a slot cornerback. While he did allow a touchdown to Kendall Wright in the first quarter, he rebounded well only allowing 7.1 yards per completion.

Signature Stat: Williams made stops on all five of his tackles and did not miss any.

Buster Skrine, CB: -3.3

Breakdown: Buster Skrine allowed five catches on six targets for 122 yards and two touchdowns. On both touchdowns Skrine was beaten easily; Justin Hunter managed to get behind him on a ‘Go’ route to score a 75 yard touchdown. On the second touchdown Kendall Wright was able to run a corner route with Skrine yards behind because Skrine was playing inside leverage leaving a huge amount of ground to cover to the outside.

Signature Stat: Skrine allowed 3.13 yards per coverage snap and the Titans quarterbacks had a perfect QB Rating when attempting a pass his way.

This was nice too:

PFF Game Ball

The Game Ball goes to the Cleveland Browns Offensive Line as they took charge in the run game and only allowed six Total Pressures on 41 pass attempts

Not sure why Tate got a negative grade. Hoyer was a little surprising as well.

Last year they finished 3rd worst in allowed sacks. This year they are currently a top 10 O-Line.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."