• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-2015 National Champs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Leaving work early to go down there today and will be tailgating somewhere tomorrow. Not going to game, though.

I forgot the Columbus Marathon is Sunday, so hopefully the city isn't too crowded.

Can you get me 2 tickets to your suite? :conf (11):

Ha sorry bro, I'm already mooching off of someone else for the ticket. Just look for the embarrassingly drunk guy surrounded by disapproving looks...that will be me.

Indiana burning a red-shirt to start a true freshman against Michigan State on Saturday.

The kid's mother played the woman in Seinfeld who got gonorrhea from riding the tractor.

Should crush Rutgers.

Game is at 330 right? Hot damn that's about when I get off work.

I love 330 games when I'm in Columbus, so much tailgate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be top 10 after this weekend. Our playoff chances are very very good.

JT is the truth
And these WRs are developing nicely

The growth of this team since that stinker against VT has been amazing. All those SEC teams still have to play each other so our playoff shot is real.

Of course we didn't move up in the polls.

Still a possibility for a B1G team. I feel we will have to get some leniency for the VT loss with it being JT's first game and with how he has been playing.

Hopefully we go into PSU and dominate them on the prime time game and we get a bump in the actual rankings when they first come out next Tuesday.

The OSU/MSU winner will be there...

Oregon and/or Notre Dame dropping another game would be real nice.

Most likely, that is if they win out and win the B1G title, as well.

I'm gonna copy this paragraph from a column McShay wrote today because I feel exactly the same way, word for word.

"While there's no question that Miller is a more dynamic playmaker and has a stronger arm, I would argue that OSU has a much more complete offense with Barrett playing at his currently high level. Barrett is still plenty mobile (both within the pocket and as an open-field runner), and he is more effective reading defenses, has a quicker release, shows better anticipation and is more consistently accurate. Simply put: He's a better distributor of the football."

At this point I'm predicting we'll have a 2 QB system next season.

Everyth
I'm gonna copy this paragraph from a column McShay wrote today because I feel exactly the same way, word for word.

"While there's no question that Miller is a more dynamic playmaker and has a stronger arm, I would argue that OSU has a much more complete offense with Barrett playing at his currently high level. Barrett is still plenty mobile (both within the pocket and as an open-field runner), and he is more effective reading defenses, has a quicker release, shows better anticipation and is more consistently accurate. Simply put: He's a better distributor of the football."

I agree with everything but a quicker release. Braxton beats JT in that department because JT has a bit of a wind-up. In fact, if I have one knock on JT thus far, that would be it.

I agree with everything else though. I also think the coaching staff, like with Guiton, call the offense differently with "distributors" rather than an elite playmaker in Braxton.

I think the $64,000 question is if the offense would be called the same way had Braxton been taking the snaps. Since the Va Tech fiasco where the emphasis was squarely on "explosive" plays against man coverage, the staff has incorporated swing passes, TE check downs, and slants to the offense.

In all honesty, the ass-beating VaTech gave us has made us significantly better today. It forced the staff to come to terms with a bear defense and zero coverage. Since that game, the play-calling has been spades.

Last edited:
By the way in the suite, they had twice baked potatoes with BBQ pulled pork IN THE GOD DAMN POTATO....it was magical

A 1/0 loss SEC champ and a 1/0 loss FSU would both almost assuredly be over a loss OSU. Best thing that could happen is that the P12 and B12 champ both have 2 losses overall. Looks relatively likely in the B12, as KSU, TCU and Baylor all have one loss, but KSU still plays both, plus WVU, Oklahoma and Oklahoma St can play spoiler.

P12 is a little more murky. Oregon's best chance to lose seems to be Utah, who is a one loss team itself.

Interesting case would be a 12-1 OSU vs an 11-1 Notre Dame. ND doesn't seem like they'd have a win to trump a win at MSU or maybe a even a win over a10/11 win Nebraska team in the B1G title game. However, ND's loss is perhaps the "best" loss in the country this season.

Chaos in the SEC West would be a plus. If 2nd place in the West goes 11-1, that could trump a 12-1 OSU.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."