• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs (with starting 5) vs Bulls - Oct 20, 7pm (NBATV and FSO)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

oracio

Sixth Man
Reaction score
I thought where to put this because it is pretty exciting watching a "regular season" lineup vs Chicago, and hopefully we will also see a "regular season" dedication (in D especially) by the starting 5.
I have a feeling I'm not going to sleep much on the 20th...

(Please move this thread tomorrow to Game Day, or whenever you feel it is appropriate)

Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt to treat Monday's game against Chicago Bulls like a regular season game

16121723-mmmain.jpg

Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose (1) and Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving wait for a Bulls free throw attempt during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Chicago Bulls Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, in Chicago. The Bulls won 96-81. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast) (Charles Rex Arbogast)
Print
By Chris Haynes, Northeast Ohio Media Group
Follow on Twitter
on October 19, 2014 at 2:14 PM, updated October 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – As the regular season looms closer, Cavaliers head coach David Blatt says he will 'probably' treat Monday night's game against the Chicago Bulls like a regular season contest when it comes to minutes and rotation.

"We're still in preparation of preseason but I think generally speaking as we go along here, it's the time and our chance to play guys more minutes to see our combinations for longer periods of time," Blatt said following Sunday's practice session.

The starting five Blatt used in the exhibition opener against Maccabi Tel Aviv was the only time those five started together in five contests due to various injuries and preplanned rests.

LeBron James will not play in the preseason finale on Wednesday so Monday night in Columbus against the Bulls should resemble a competitive, much-anticipated Eastern Conference showdown.

"We're moving forward and we're getting closer so we want to try to play our games a little bit more in the fashion that we'll play during the season," Blatt added.

We have some really good players and they have some really good players. So it will be really competitive
Kyrie Irving made his return to action in Friday's loss to the Dallas Mavericks after sitting out the previous three games recovering from a right ankle sprain.

He showed very little rust as he supplied a game-high 23 points to go along with five assists and a surprising three blocks in 29 minutes.

One of the marquee matchups in Monday's game will be Irving versus Chicago's Derrick Rose. It's a clash Irving is ready for.

Irving said. "It'll be a great game, a great test for us going against a good team like that. [They're ] a veteran team. They're coming together as well as we are. It'll be a great test for all of us to try a few things and some great matchups within the game as well. So I'm looking forward to it."

All players are healthy and ready to go, Blatt said. A game against a quality team towards the latter part of preseason is extremely beneficial. The Cavaliers need this work and their young players need the experience.

This will be the most important game of the preseason.

"Every game is valuable," Blatt said. "Every time we step on the floor we should be competing to win and to play well. Certainly, Chicago is a high-level team and we know that. They are a team much like Dallas with a lot of continuity. And a team that's also improved itself this summer with some of their moves. So, it's certainly a good test for us."

source:
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index...aliers_coach_davi_1.html#incart_story_package

I'm excited!!
Only a preseason game, but I still want to win this so badly. Just to shut down the Bulls hype.

And I will be at this game. Sounds good.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm excited!!
Only a preseason game, but I still want to win this so badly. Just to shut down the Bulls hype.

If the Bulls lose, Bulls fans will be like....

Its only pre-season!

Interested to see what Blatt's rotation will look like...more specifically how he allocates the minutes. Real excited for this game.

Really, really hoping and praying that the Cavs just take a massive shit on the entire team to shut down the hype.

Still preseason. Not getting hyped for it. Looking forward to the game though.

Looks like I got tickets to the right game. Very excited!

The news about the starters playing starter minutes caused me to cave in and get tickets for tomorrow.. looking forward to it!

Butler got injured from the Hornets' game today; not sure how serious the injury was and if it's enough to sit him out for this game. Also, Thibs played 3 of the Bulls' rotational players 30 minutes in that game (Gasol, Dunleavy, Kirk).

Rook doesn't get respect. They got his name wrong and clicking lead to dead page.lol

ScreenShot2014-10-20at113249AM_zps934f62ff.png

Andy will get the start.
TT will come off the bench.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."