• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New TV Series to watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Finally getting around to watching the second-to-last episode of The Strain. So you're telling me that Setrakian, a man who has been hunting vampires for decades, doesn't even have bars on the windows of his apartment? Come the fuck on.

The book wasn't exactly clever, but it also wasn't this fucking dumb.

At least they killed off the old lady, though. She was awful and lasted entirely too long in the books.

Peep Show on Netflix. Funny shit. Season 1 was good. On Season 2 now. It's a whacked out take on the Odd Couple.

Last edited:
Peep Show on Netflix. Funny shit. Season 1 was good. On Season 2 now. It's a whacked out take on the Odd Couple.

Its a really great show, I love Superhands. David Mitchell and Robert Webb also did a really good sketch show called 'that mitchell and webb thing' loads of good clips on youtube, my favorite being homeopathy ER

On like episode 6 of Boardwalk Empire. It is pretty good so far, but there can be boring stretches. I hope it gets better.

I was totally wrong about the wire. I thought the first few episodes of the first season were a bit boring; but I must say, I'm a few into season 5 and the show has been absolutely fantastic. Glad I didn't quit after a few lackluster episodes - definitely up in my top 5:

I was totally wrong about the wire. I thought the first few episodes of the first season were a bit boring; but I must say, I'm a few into season 5 and the show has been absolutely fantastic. Glad I didn't quit after a few lackluster episodes - definitely up in my top 5:

The general rule with The Wire is that you have to slog through the first four episodes or so of the first season. There are just so many characters to introduce and ground to cover before the show starts getting good. Each season is also structured like a novel, so they typically take a bit to build up.

The Wire can be pretty slow at times but it is still hands down one of the greatest dramas in the history of television.

Also, there is the strong likelihood that every one of its cast members will ultimately end up on either The Walking Dead or Gotham. I've seen three so far on TWD and another two on Gotham.

The general rule with The Wire is that you have to slog through the first four episodes or so of the first season. There are just so many characters to introduce and ground to cover before the show starts getting good. Each season is also structured like a novel, so they typically take a bit to build up.

Absolutely. Also, the character development and texture are borderline unparalleled. I think that is a vital component to its success.

And I hate to see fat man go; Marlo is even a bit more sick than I thought.

Coincidentally right after that point, like episode 7 of Boardwalk Empire, it really starts to take off and gets good. There is an unnecessary amount of sex scenes though. Way more graphic than what was in the Sopranos.

Coincidentally right after that point, like episode 7 of Boardwalk Empire, it really starts to take off and gets good. There is an unnecessary amount of sex scenes though. Way more graphic than what was in the Sopranos.

Most action on Boardwalk happens in the second to last and last episodes of the season.

No way! For Boardwalk Empire, they are making you pay for season 2 and on on Amazon Prime!? SOBs :ranting2:

How is homeland this season so far?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Peaky Blinders on Netflix has some potential. Only watched a couple episodes. Kind of hard to get into like other British historical shows but I'm enjoying it so far.

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Survivors Remorse (show that Lebron has a part in) and it is one of the most uncomfortable shows I've watched. After Episode 3 I just really question why LeBron would even want to put his mark on a show like this. It's not a bad watch, but just not your everyday cup of tea you would expect a person of LeBron's stature to be promoting.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."