• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs (with starting 5) vs Bulls - Oct 20, 7pm (NBATV and FSO)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I’d love to play point guard. I would love the opportunity if coach gave me a shot at that, I would love to take on the full commitment to that because I think I could play the one also.”
Love should get 10 paint touches a game.. period.. I mean it is a 26ppg scorer with all the talent in the world.. I understand we run a ball moving offense but that ball needs to find its way into Love's hands on the block much more
touches? how many touches did he have? you cant base touches on shots. Love was passing the ball often and elects to lineup on the perimeter at times... you sure he didnt get ten touches in the paint? should varejao have passed off to him.. he seemed to be getting alot of open touches.. wonder why that was.

I realize we have to react to the game that was just played, but it's just one game. Which we won. There will be games where Love just kills it and takes the most shots or has the offense run through him more than it did tonight.

They will use to first 20-30 games(real games) to figure out how best to take advantage of all the opportunities presented to them. One preseason game where other things are working well offensively is not the time to stop everything and try force things to get any one player going. Love himself didn't force it, as illustrated by the play in the third quarter(i believe) where he had a fairly open 3 point attempt and swung it over to Delly in the corner for an even more open shot, which Delly made.

We've got the Memphis game Wednesday and then a stretch of a good weeks worth of practices to reinforce everything they've learned in the preseason games and focus in on things that need to be improved and tweaked.

That was fun to watch. I wish Love got going but it wasn't his night. It was pretty sweet to see the point guard dual at different points of the game. I thought Irving and Rose pretty much washed either other out and the difference was Andy. Dude had 22 and was all over the floor. The Bulls starting this game as if it was just preseason but when they saw their opponent take it semi-serious, it seemed like a feel-it-out type situation.

I want to see how this squad goes against the bigs of Memphis so Wednesday's preseason closer can't come soon enough...

Kevin would have had more shots if the middle hadn't been so open for Andy and Tristan.

This. It all goes back to taking what the defense gives you. On each night, the Cavs offense will be presented with 1-2 men who are just going to find space and good shots as a result of the other 4-3 absorbing all the defensive attention and pressure. Tonight, it was AV and parts of TT that found themselves open as a result of the sheer presence of Love, Irving and James on the floor. Each night presents different matchups - and as a result, players like Andy might find all the room in the world and turn it on (like he did tonight), or could find himself completely shut down, leaving Love open for basket after basket.

This offense is all about presence and absorbing attention. There's going to be open looks all over the place - it's just about knocking them down each night, that's all.

Man, I was straight up embarrassed for Kyrie trying to guard Rose. That was a beatdown. Fortunately his shooting was a complete fluke. That jumper is ugly as hell.

nice when the 5th best player in the league and another major scoring component on your team have shitty nights and the opposition's star player scores more than a point a minute and you still beat them by a point away from double digits

Lets let this sink in... Cavs have a new rookie coach, a new system, a new core, and have only played 2 preseason game as a full squad and the bulls still couldn't keep up with rose having a ridiculous game and the bulls returning with the same core. I'm pretty optimistic about the east I'm not going to lie.

I kept the game feed running on my phone during class

I still wasn't happy with the looks Love was getting in the offense. His passing skill and ability to score on the block / draw fouls is way underutilized to me this whole preseason. Him camping at the 3pt line all game - just don't like it. His shot was off more than usual today but I really think he needs to get more looks in the offense closer to the basket. Kyrie as the PG has to make a point IMO to get him involved.

One thing his presence did do was draw the Bulls paint defenders which created a field day for Varejao around the rim. So he impacts the game, but would like to see him more involved in the offense - the guy scored 26 a game, you don't do that even on bad teams unless you can get buckets at an elite level.

Man, I was straight up embarrassed for Kyrie trying to guard Rose. That was a beatdown. Fortunately his shooting was a complete fluke. That jumper is ugly as hell.

It was rough, but Kyrie's defense as a whole looks better.

I don't think there is anyone in the league that doesn't get torched by d-rose when hes moving like that 1 on 1. It call comes down to if the help defender can get there in time.

It was rough, but Kyrie's defense as a whole looks better.

I don't think there is anyone in the league that doesn't get torched by d-rose when hes moving like that 1 on 1. It call comes down to if the help defender can get there in time.

Some occasional help defense would be nice, and yes Rose can get by most players.

But Kyrie was providing zero resistance. It was a freaking layup drill.

Rose got some excellent picks and alot of transition oppurtunities

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."