• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Southern border problem...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I dont care who they vote for...this is disastrous for our country. Period. And once you amnesty all of them, millions more will start their trek here knowing full well that they can sneak across and we will do it again.

We can't take care of those that are already here legally. We don't have jobs for those that are already here legally. We are trillions in debt. This open border policy is just throwing gas on our many problems we already face as a nation.

Secure the border...i mean really secure it once and for all. Deport the criminals and all the shitheads that don't deserve to be here. Amnesty those that deserve it. Set up a legit immigration policy and actually abide by it. Secure the fucking border and stop letting them just waltz in. What we are doing now is just reckless and destructive.

Last edited:
Green cards on the table
President Obama lets slip his scheme for a permanent majority

The White House intended to remain silent about its plans for immigration. Revealing a scheme to open the floodgates of amnesty would be disastrous on the eve of the critical midterm elections. But this is the gang that can’t shoot straight.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on Friday threw open the door to as many as 100,000 Haitians, who will now move into the United States without a visa. Sen. Chuck Grassley, Iowa Republican, rightly and accurately denounced enabling Haitians awaiting a U.S. visa to enter the country and legally apply for work permits as “an irresponsible overreach of the executive branch’s authority.”

That was just the beginning. The immigration agency earlier this month had solicited a printer able to handle a “surge” of 9 million green cards “to support possible future immigration-reform initiative requirements.” In an ordinary year, about 1 million green cards are issued, and over the life of this contract the company is expected to produce up to 34 million cards, a figure representing an increase of the population of the United States by 10 percent.

The cards do not come with automatic voter registration, but that’s obviously what the scheme portends. President Obama’s promised “executive actions” to bring about this enormous wave of amnesty constitute a transparent and cynical ploy to expand the Democratic voter base, creating a permanent majority. Republicans running for the House and Senate should demand that Mr. Obama lay his green cards on the table now, before — and not after — the Nov. 4 elections. No other campaign issue carries as much of an impact on the future of the nation.

In economic terms, importing millions of unskilled workers creates competition for the diminishing number of available jobs. Combine a flooded job market with the Democratic proposals for a doubling of the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and millions more American citizens will be without a job. Those who do have jobs will pay to provide federal freebies, from Obamaphones to Obamacare, to the formerly illegal aliens now with a green card.

As the recent influx of minor children over the southern border demonstrates, word of amnesty on the way travels fast. Handing green cards to those who cheated the system and entered the country illegally creates an incentive to millions more to follow in their path, collecting as many benefits as possible along the way. It’s a disaster in the making — indeed already here — for public health and national security, straining the welfare state to its limit.

Most Americans want no part of this. A Gallup survey finds that 74 percent of Americans want the level of immigration to stay where it is, or reduce it. Mr. Obama has no support for his amnesty scheme except from those who want to transform America into a nation that no one would recognize. Voters can get to work on stopping the transformation on Nov. 4.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/20/editorial-green-cards-on-the-table/#ixzz3GsH3Ltc4
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

There are multiple layers to Latino communities, clearly. Even amongst the Latino gangs there are variant opinions on immigrants. I do think that the Republicans who are analyzing statistics are seeing that the party line has to change with the times or the party will continue to lose relevancy on national issues.

I'd agree about the party needing to change-- I just don't agree that the immigration issue is the problem. At least, not in the sense that we need to be more accommodating of additional immigration. Shit, polls generally show that the GOP position on immigration is more popular than that of the Dems. But party leadership is guilty of timidity with respect to stating that position strongly and clearly, so we get all the political negatives from the Latino community that pays closer attention to that issue, without getting the political positives from the rest of the population.

A big chunk of the explanation for that is pressure from the business community to tolerate more low-skilled immigration to help suppress wages. I'm generally pro-business and anti-union, but artificially boosting the labor force unbalances the free market forces that should help workers.

The last two articles posted from the Washington Times and Heritage Foundation have been hilarious to read.

I'll be perfectly honest, the inflated sense of disaster and utter disregard for even the slightest hint of objectivity make me care even less about the Southern border than I did before clicking on this thread.

Once you start using phrases like "President Obama's scheme" or hinting at the US Population rising by 10 percent, there is just so little credibility to be had.

If you can't argue this problem on the facts and rely solely on insinuation and bias, how seriously can it be taken?

But, it is a scheme. It's certainly not about compassion. He's our first black President. The black community is worse off under his reign than they were 6 years ago. Their unemployment is double that of any other group. They are suffering mightily and they are here legally. If he was compassionate, he'd be focused as a laser on fixing the suffering in the black community and finding them jobs. Instead his biggest concern right now is to bring in millions more to compete with them for jobs that are already in short supply? That makes no sense. If this isn't about votes, then what's his motivation? Democrats used the black voters for two elections and now they are casting them aside and going after the Latino vote. It is a scheme, it's all about votes.

Again, we don't have enough jobs or money to take care of the citizens we have here legally.

But, it is a scheme. It's certainly not about compassion. He's our first black President. The black community is worse off under his reign than they were 6 years ago. Their unemployment is double that of any other group. They are suffering mightily and they are here legally. If he was compassionate, he'd be focused as a laser on fixing the suffering in the black community and finding them jobs. Instead his biggest concern right now is to bring in millions more to compete with them for jobs that are already in short supply? That makes no sense. If this isn't about votes, then what's his motivation? Democrats used the black voters for two elections and now they are casting them aside and going after the Latino vote. It is a scheme, it's all about votes.

Again, we don't have enough jobs or money to take care of the citizens we have here legally.

The jobs argument is the same as it was 30 years ago, and it proved to be categorically wrong then.

The opposite proved to be true, actually.

Though I agree something needs to be done about the ease in which they cross the border, the more fiscally responsible solution seems to be putting existing illegals on a path to citizenship and cracking down thereafter.

As opposed to spending wildly to deport illegal immigrants, which seems to be the only alternative plan from the people who read the Washington Times and Heritage Foundation studies.

Though I agree something needs to be done about the ease in which they cross the border, the more fiscally responsible solution seems to be putting existing illegals on a path to citizenship and cracking down thereafter.

As opposed to spending wildly to deport illegal immigrants, which seems to be the only alternative plan from the people who read the Washington Times and Heritage Foundation studies.

I'm pretty sure i posted an alternative plan that included amnesty for existing illegals...

I don't see what relevance giving them citizenship has to fiscal responsibility. You could permit those who've come here illegally to stay without rewarding them with citizenship.

And unless you crack down on border crossings first there's no practical, verifiable way to tell the difference between "existing" illegals, and those who have just crossed/still crossing.

That's a strawman. As I pointed out above, securing the border and then granting some form of legal status after the border is something for which you could get enough GOP votes.

But if someone really was interested in deporting, self-deporting is really the way to do it....

First, increase the number of work permits, especially seasonal, so that people could more easily enter the country legally;

Second, increase the penalty for being caught in the country illegally (including visa overstays) to "permanently barred from entering the U.S. in the future." You'd get a lot of scurrying back from people who'd want to preserve the right to re-enter in the future under work permits;

Third, expand instant employment checks and greatly increase penalties for employers who hire people here illegally. Push toward everyone entering the country without a passport having their identity recorded biometrically, so that you could have fast cross-reference to a database confirming whether or not non-citizens are here legally.

That's how you'd do it without rounding people up.

I'll be perfectly honest, the inflated sense of disaster and utter disregard for even the slightest hint of objectivity make me care even less about the Southern border than I did before clicking on this thread.

Once you start using phrases like "President Obama's scheme" or hinting at the US Population rising by 10 percent, there is just so little credibility to be had.

If you can't argue this problem on the facts and rely solely on insinuation and bias, how seriously can it be taken?

So how much you actually care about border security is dependent upon what tone is used in a particular media report? That's...not serious, is it?

Anyway, forget all the rhetoric about "schemes". What about the facts that 1) the President has promised to take major action on immigration without Congress after the election, and 2) the Administration has ordered nine times as more green cards as should be used over the period in question?

And why the hell should 100,000 Haitians get preference over everyone else trying to enter this country to work? How does a massive influx of low-wage, low-skilled labor not depress the labor market?

I don't see what relevance giving them citizenship has to fiscal responsibility. You could permit those who've come here illegally to stay without rewarding them with citizenship.

Thereby costing the US exponentially more tax money in the process.

Self-deporting is an interesting theory, but you're going to potentially have a large percentage of families affected or broken up because of a paperwork issue.

Not sure something like that is feasible productive, I'd imagine then you're just attacking more of the working class people who live a decent life and pay their taxes as opposed to those who crossed illegally and live a life devoid of such payment.

So how much you actually care about border security is dependent upon what tone is used in a particular media report? That's...not serious, is it?

Of course not, exaggerating to make a point. But those articles are hilariously skewed and hold almost no significance.

Anyway, forget all the rhetoric about "schemes". What about the facts that 1) the President has promised to take major action on immigration without Congress after the election, and 2) the Administration has ordered nine times as more green cards as should be used over the period in question?

And why the hell should 100,000 Haitians get preference over everyone else trying to enter this country to work? How does a massive influx of low-wage, low-skilled labor not depress the labor market?

I would hope the President can do all the office can without Congressional approval.

Secondly, I don't give a shit how many green cards he "ordered."

Could this sentence be any more misleading?:

In an ordinary year, about 1 million green cards are issued, and over the life of this contract the company is expected to produce up to 34 million cards, a figure representing an increase of the population of the United States by 10 percent.

Absolutely no information given as to how long that contract is. There is no relevance to the fact that 1 million green cards are issued each year, other than to compare it to the 34 million number in a flagrant attempt to insinuate that Obama is going to increase the population by some ridiculous percentage with the stroke of a pen.

Excuse me if I laugh a bit at the expense of a poorly written, ridiculously misleading and biased article to try and get people up in arms.

Absolutely no information given as to how long that contract is. There is no relevance to the fact that 1 million green cards are issued each year, other than to compare it to the 34 million number in a flagrant attempt to insinuate that Obama is going to increase the population by some ridiculous percentage with the stroke of a pen.

The contract is public knowledge, it is on bizopps. It's for 5 years, the bidder needs to produce 4-9M per year for a total of 34M.

I do wish the writer in the other had mentioned the 5 year part. I've heard a lot of misinformation that it's open ended or over 10 years. It's 34 M over 5 years.

Obama is going to increase the population by a ridiculous percentage with the stroke of a pen. No doubt about it.

But again, there is nothing to suggest they'll be using all of them within the period of the contract.

But luckily, most of the population will be wiped out by Ebola by that time.

Should be a wash.

The contract is public knowledge, it is on bizopps. It's for 5 years, the bidder needs to produce 4-9M per year for a total of 34M.

I do wish the writer in the other had mentioned the 5 year part. I've heard a lot of misinformation that it's open ended or over 10 years. It's 34 M over 5 years.

Obama is going to increase the population by a ridiculous percentage with the stroke of a pen. No doubt about it.

I am in this business, and the increase is not that much. Been around 3 million a year.

Once you subtract for bad lighting in pictures and name dyslexia (trying to figure correct order on some country's passports for APIS shells alone can be a fun game) and pallets of cards "missing in transportation", I'm sure that would cut the number produced in half.

As for the Haitians, we are about due for the 5-10 year refugee/political asylum boat regatta for new minimum wage workers for the hotel and theme park industries in South/Central Florida. All kidding aside, the Haitians who I work with fall into the "either the hardest workers to provide for their family or least motivated workers" coin flip category.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."