• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade (Waiters + Kirk/Amundsen + 2nd rd pick for Smith, Shumpert, and 1st rd pick)

• A+

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • A

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • D

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of y'all are too emotional. Like everyone else I don't mind the open shots, I don't mind him going at players he feels he has a mismatch against.
I do mind when he opts to shoot when Love has deep post position. If there's adequate time on the clock pass it to him. Other than that Do played well defensively. I have not been impressed with him offensively for 3 straight games. With age will come consistency

There wasn't, so you can rest easy.

Some of y'all are too emotional. Like everyone else I don't mind the open shots, I don't mind him going at players he feels he has a mismatch against.
I do mind when he opts to shoot when Love has deep post position. If there's adequate time on the clock pass it to him. Other than that Do played well defensively. I have not been impressed with him offensively for 3 straight games. With age will come consistency
wasnt 3 of love misses of off Dion passes and 2 of his assist. I know one went to love and another to anderson at least. but i do recall Dion passing off to love multiple times as a shooting guard. Doesnt james and Irving run share point duties for the cavs?

I didn't like some of his shooting choices tonight, but I was a bit more concerned with his inability to finish and his dribbling in traffic. Nothing new, I guess. He's not comfortable in the offense yet, but that's also true for some of his teammates. Kyrie and Lebron are talented enough to execute some of the one-on-one moves that Dion isn't able to complete at this point.

What I did like is that he was active defensively. He's not taking plays off on a regular basis, even if he doesn't always follow through (he'll prevent the first pass to a cutter but won't always stick with him through the play).

Is the Dion thread going to be the hangout place after every loss or close win? Im thinking it will more often than not. As long as no one compares Dion to Chalmers, I'm open to all interpretations and debate.

Overall Dion and Love tonight did not have their shot falling for them, but both still impacted the game in a mostly positive way and played within the system. Dion penetrated and dished multiple times and it was great to see Love, who was not getting shots at the time pass on a three to get an even better corner three shot for Delly, who buried it.

The first 25 games is going to be a lot of figuring things out and the confidence for everyone will be boosted by the games against teams who can't play defense anything like Chicago.

I'm referring to the future, not tonight. I saw it one and twice with him and others opting to shoot rather than to pass to Love in the post. Like I said, offensively his consistency will come with time. It can be frustrating but its a process all players go through.
Defensively he showed maturity in that he still played hard despite struggling to score.

If he's content just playing defense and shooting open shots he'll be ok. But he's not going to be a fourth star/all-star playing on this team and hopefully he's fine with that.

There is black hole and then there is Dion Waiters :chuckle:

"I know the ball isn't going to be in my hands that much," he said. "So you have to find a way to impact the game. If it's not just scoring, probably on the defensive end also. Everybody's going to have to make adjustments."

Myth busted

It's very easy to say the right thing when the game isn't actually being played, and you're not having to deal with the reality of getting fewer touches. It's much different to live with it through a full season, particularly if the team goes through a stretch where it loses some games and tempers start to fray.

In any case, my point isn't that Dion will throw some temper tantrum that will destroy the team if he doesn't get enough touches. My point is that he may be too good to be viable as a 4th (or maybe even 5th) offensive option. If that happens, he might sulk and cause problems, but the bigger risk is that 1) the Cavs won't pay him what he's worth on the open market because he's not as valuable to them as he would be to another team that needs a number 1 or 2 option, or 2) Dion decides he'd rather go somewhere else where he can have a bigger, more impactful role on offense.

That's not a slam on Dion.

They just need reps. Dion was hesitating tonight. They all need reps with each other. Thought everyone did well despite some bad shooting. Andy and Kyrie look to be in mid season form. Everyone else has some rust to shake.

I'm just glad the offense ran tonight. Much better than against Dallas. Dion is struggling a bit, but I think he is playing within the offense.

Wow I have been away a min. and look at the lunacy rampant.

Beal equals a soft kcufing 2guard while Dion can play point, defend 3 positions, athletic and has a sack. I will keep going back to last year when Cripple Ki was down and the team played better in all facets. Stat whores and Dion haters deal with it.

Regarding his place on the team LBJ says he has one so your opinion means jack schitt and is myopia in excess.

Go cry in a corner.

Most of the bitching & panty clenching is because those people in a box and drowning in conformity feel he should react as they do. With contemporary white etiquette. He is an out spoken black man with a street edge most people use such behavior as a means to puff up their own self worth. Saying "he should act like this, he should know his place". I am better than him or more intelligent than that TYPE of person.

Psuedo cast system crap. Those days are over he can express himself as he chooses.

Beal on the other hand is the soft spoken black dude which there is nothing wrong with that. But is less non threatening to the contemporary Anglo ego. He gets a blanko pass it's just how it is. He would be groomed as a good house negro not too long ago. But I digress!

Bottom line Dion is learning when and how to assert himself and after all this is the time to test things like that out. Hello the fing preseason is exactly the time an place to sink his game appropriately with the Big 3.

To speak of it as anything less is just grinding an axe.

Quit crying already until Dion costs us a game. Which as of now can never happen ( Big 3).

The Beal comparison is just plain dumb as a box of rocks. Beal is a one dimensional player get over it already. We lucked into a triple threat who has his skill set providing an excess of wealth for this team and The King.

The King already told you he stays STFUP and play your position fan. How does that feel to ya. Oh yea know your role and play your position.

It's very easy to say the right thing when the game isn't actually being played, and you're not having to deal with the reality of getting fewer touches. It's much different to live with it through a full season, particularly if the team goes through a stretch where it loses some games and tempers start to fray.

In any case, my point isn't that Dion will throw some temper tantrum that will destroy the team if he doesn't get enough touches. My point is that he may be too good to be viable as a 4th (or maybe even 5th) offensive option. If that happens, he might sulk and cause problems, but the bigger risk is that 1) the Cavs won't pay him what he's worth on the open market because he's not as valuable to them as he would be to another team that needs a number 1 or 2 option, or 2) Dion decides he'd rather go somewhere else where he can have a bigger, more impactful role on offense.

That's not a slam on Dion.
Any contact extensions will be with the TV deal in mind. oay is gonna go up.
sure it might be easy to say the right thing when not in the game but apparently taking one liners out of context has more weight.
as far as the tem make up. Lebron is prone to temper tantrums, as is kyrie,

last season Dion got upset over touches while the Cavs were losing

This is the first season Dion has been surrounded by 6 guys with Championships rings who served various roles.

Wow I have been away a min. and look at the lunacy rampant.

Beal equals a soft kcufing 2guard while Dion can play point, defend 3 positions, athletic and has a sack. I will keep going back to last year when Cripple Ki was down and the team played better in all facets. Stat whores and Dion haters deal with it.

Regarding his place on the team LBJ says he has one so your opinion means jack schitt and is myopia in excess.

Go cry in a corner.

Most of the bitching & panty clenching is because those people in a box and drowning in conformity feel he should react as they do. With contemporary white etiquette. He is an out spoken black man with a street edge most people use such behavior as a means to puff up their own self worth. Saying "he should act like this, he should know his place". I am better than him or more intelligent than that TYPE of person.

Psuedo cast system crap. Those days are over he can express himself as he chooses.

Beal on the other hand is the soft spoken black dude which there is nothing wrong with that. But is less non threatening to the contemporary Anglo ego. He gets a blanko pass it's just how it is. He would be groomed as a good house negro not too long ago. But I digress!

Bottom line Dion is learning when and how to assert himself and after all this is the time to test things like that out. Hello the fing preseason is exactly the time an place to sink his game appropriately with the Big 3.

To speak of it as anything less is just grinding an axe.

Quit crying already until Dion costs us a game. Which as of now can never happen ( Big 3).

The Beal comparison is just plain dumb as a box of rocks. Beal is a one dimensional player get over it already. We lucked into a triple threat who has his skill set providing an excess of wealth for this team and The King.

The King already told you he stays STFUP and play your position fan. How does that feel to ya. Oh yea know your role and play your position.

He's gone after trade deadline. No need for all the huffing and puffing

I think the thing I'd like to see more from Dion is the drive and kick game. When he drives, he tends to primarily look for his own shot, but there's too much talent in this team now. Several times he got himself a decent shot, but he could have gotten a better shot by passing it to Love.

Not going to shit on him too much here because I'm optimistic about him on this team. But there is definitely a different expectation when he gets the ball than when others do. He's gotta keep working on moving the ball more. He's definitely behind the rest of the starters in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."