• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade (Waiters + Kirk/Amundsen + 2nd rd pick for Smith, Shumpert, and 1st rd pick)

• A+

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • A

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • D

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you guys catch that they played the "Ball Hard D. Waiters" sound clip at the game last night?

Whomever revamped the cavs PR (their twitter, in game music, intro video, etc) needs a raise
They did this all last year too...

I've got a real problem with Dion still taking the step back long 2. It's the worst shot in basketball, and he takes it far too many times for my liking.

Whether or not Dion starts is irrelevant. I do love his defense, his quick hands, and his passing ability. But man, there are times when I watch him and want to pull my hair out, games like last night. He is far too selfish, especially when we have 3 guys on the court who are CLEARLY better offensive players than Dion. I'm just tired of watching him trying to make these one foot, step back, fadeaway jumpers while Kevin Love is sitting unguarded at the 3pt line.

He's not maximizing team efficiency, and has not done so the last few games. I think he's taking the message LeBron is giving him a little too literally and is trying to make teams pay every time has the ball in his hands rather than make the simple, smart play. And to be fair, Kyrie is doing the same thing, although Kyrie is far more efficient at getting others involved.

Dion has a lot of Lance Stephenson in him. That's good and bad. Hopefully, by the end of the year, he'll be more team focused.

I've got a real problem with Dion still taking the step back long 2. It's the worst shot in basketball, and he takes it far too many times for my liking.

Whether or not Dion starts is irrelevant. I do love his defense, his quick hands, and his passing ability. But man, there are times when I watch him and want to pull my hair out, games like last night. He is far too selfish, especially when we have 3 guys on the court who are CLEARLY better offensive players than Dion. I'm just tired of watching him trying to make these one foot, step back, fadeaway jumpers while Kevin Love is sitting unguarded at the 3pt line.

He's not maximizing team efficiency, and has not done so the last few games. I think he's taking the message LeBron is giving him a little too literally and is trying to make teams pay every time has the ball in his hands rather than make the simple, smart play. And to be fair, Kyrie is doing the same thing, although Kyrie is far more efficient at getting others involved.

Dion has a lot of Lance Stephenson in him. That's good and bad. Hopefully, by the end of the year, he'll be more team focused.

He's certainly not being efficient. He's simply taking shots to take them at times. Perhaps this is what LBJ/Blatt are telling him to do to keep him involved and motivated as he is capable of putting up 25 pts on a given night. The issue is he likely cannot do it consistently.

The Cavs lack options at the two so Dion is it for now, but they would be better off with a defensive minded two who can hit an occasional three than Dion with the starting group. I'd prefer him coming off the bench in a best case scenario.

I'm just tired of watching him trying to make these one foot, step back, fadeaway jumpers while Kevin Love is sitting unguarded at the 3pt line.

He took one last night. And I don't think Love was on the floor. It was a bad shot, but they all take bad shots every now and then, and Dion didn't take many last night. But I suppose until Dion plays a perfect game every night there will be calls for him to be replaced. I'm sure he is used to it by now.

If Dion only takes about two bad shots a night, I think that's just something we all need to live with. That's part of who he is. He's a streaky, heat check type of shooter. He's going to have nights where he's on and he destroys the other team for leaving him open, and he's going to have nights like last night where he doesn't shoot very well. Regardless, it's not like he's out there taking ten bad shots a game, and basically everyone who takes ten or more shots a game is going to have a couple that the fans (and probably coaches) wish they could have back.

What I like is that he's playing well on defense. I'd like to see more driving and kicking too, especially since we've given him guys to kick to that aren't Alonzo Gee or Earl Clark.

Is it me or is every Dion Waiters hot take just regurgitation of the original Dion Waiters hot take? After three years, do we still have to talk about his attitude and his selfishness? Aren't you tired of saying the same thing every time a sportswriter decides Dion took too many shots?

Is it me or is every Dion Waiters hot take just regurgitation of the original Dion Waiters hot take? After three years, do we still have to talk about his attitude and his selfishness? Aren't you tired of saying the same thing every time a sportswriter decides Dion took too many shots?

That's more an indictment on Dion than the posters.

After 3 years, he's still not showing progress in his biggest weakness.

Wasn't there a Zach Lowe article about how important the ability to hit long two's in the playoffs is because teams take away other shots? Dion is Dion, he is going to go hard, there will be games you want to strangle him and games where he looks like the best player on the court. I am excited to see how this team looks in the new year. I see growth from the guy already, and confidence and a first step that can't be taught.

Agreed. Offensively Derozan as he can definitely finish around the rim and through contact. Don't know much about his D though

The point is DeRozen will pass it to Patterson in the same way Dion is unwilling to pass it to Love. Everyone is defending Dion here like he is their son. Get real the dude is a selfish chucker with Bball IQ of Ameba.
If you are a selfish, arrogant, me-first type of a dude you need to be real good as a two or come in 6'11/270 lbs package with loads of talent like Demarcus Cousins. I just hate guys who play dumb. If Klove is open or established in the post he is not an afterthought if you are Dion Waiters. There is a reason many people outside the Cavs fanbase on twitter say Dion is trash. It is not like he is a star that annoys them at being a star that hurt their team. They just don't respect his game and mind set.

Everyone is defending Dion here like he is their son. Get real the dude is a selfish chucker with Bball IQ of Ameba.

"Everyone" is not defending him. If you're going to make blanket statements about the board and repeat the same thing every time you post, you're going to go on vacation.

There are plenty of reasons to question whether Waiters can be the Cavs 2-guard, although there is one especially compelling reason to keep him there -- there are no better options on the roster right now.

But if you're just going to try to find new ways to insult any player and insult the board as a whole, you'll be benched too.

The point is DeRozen will pass it to Patterson in the same way Dion is unwilling to pass it to Love. Everyone is defending Dion here like he is their son. Get real the dude is a selfish chucker with Bball IQ of Ameba.
If you are a selfish, arrogant, me-first type of a dude you need to be real good as a two or come in 6'11/270 lbs package with loads of talent like Demarcus Cousins. I just hate guys who play dumb. If Klove is open or established in the post he is not an afterthought if you are Dion Waiters. There is a reason many people outside the Cavs fanbase on twitter say Dion is trash. It is not like he is a star that annoys them at being a star that hurt their team. They just don't respect his game and mind set.

lol to this post. Klove is always open..........always. Give me a break. He isn't getting the touches or points like he did in Minnesota
signed, Lebron James

If you are a selfish, arrogant, me-first type of a dude you need to be real good as a two or come in 6'11/270 lbs package with loads of talent like Demarcus Cousins. I just hate guys who play dumb....

Different fans prefer different types of games/players, and that goes way back. Some guys prefer watching individual stars who excel one-on-one, make the most thrilling dunks, have the nastiest moves, etc.. And others prefer a more "boring" type of what might be referred to as team basketball. You see the same thing in football -- Some people prefer the guy who just hands the ball to the ref after scoring a TD, and others condemn the No Fun League for cracking down on celebrations. That's not to say that people who like individual play can't admire the Spurs, or that people who prefer more "team ball" can't admire a Dr. J dunk. But I do think that distinction exists for a lot of people, and I suspect Dion is a great example of the type of guy who divides such fans.

No one cares. Raptors are irrelevant.
If you think Waiters>>DeRozen you don't make much sense and now you spin it with Raptors irrelevant. I bring DeRozen up as an example because he is not a me-first egotistical two guard yet a very good player.
"Everyone" is not defending him. If you're going to make blanket statements about the board and repeat the same thing every time you post, you're going to go on vacation.

There are plenty of reasons to question whether Waiters can be the Cavs 2-guard, although there is one especially compelling reason to keep him there -- there are no better options on the roster right now.

But if you're just going to try to find new ways to insult any player and insult the board as a whole, you'll be benched too.

True not everyone but I am getting a ton of "dumb" ratings on a legitimate opinion that is not popular. Dion fans take it personally that I am not a fan of his game.

True not everyone but I am getting a ton of "dumb" ratings on a legitimate opinion that is not popular. Dion fans take it personally that I am not a fan of his game.

I agree with some of your points, but it almost looks like you're wording them so as to bait people. "Basketball I.Q. of an amoeba?"

Just trying to help so you don't get sent on a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."