• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Cleveland Browns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
IIRC, didn't they also "briefly discuss" putting Manziel in for Hoyer in a game earlier in the year?

It sounds, to me, like blaming a teacher for not assuming their high-school student isn't aware that in order to get ink on paper, you need to write with a pen... Jordan Poyer is in the NFL. When you're swamped at the 5 yard line, you shouldn't need a coach to tell you...

It's the mental part of the game. Knowing where you are on the field. Knowing the score and time. Anticipating the most likely scenarios and what you do when those situations presents themselves. Poyer clearly wasn't physically ready but more importantly he wasn't mentally ready for the situation and that's coaching to me.

At least he shot it down right away.

the browns were clearly going to lose the game the final drive, i would have had no problem getting manziel some snaps (from someone that has no interest in manziel becoming the starter). The problem is as soon as the browns give manziel any snaps they are going to get 10000 questions a day of when manziel is going to become the starter. in this case its obvious that manziels notoriety played against him.

the browns were clearly going to lose the game the final drive, i would have had no problem getting manziel some snaps (from someone that has no interest in manziel becoming the starter). The problem is as soon as the browns give manziel any snaps they are going to get 10000 questions a day of when manziel is going to become the starter. in this case its obvious that manziels notoriety played against him.

Another issue is if they rolled out with a cupcake defense, johnny would look great and fans would be wanting him to be the starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the mental part of the game. Knowing where you are on the field. Knowing the score and time. Anticipating the most likely scenarios and what you do when those situations presents themselves. Poyer clearly wasn't physically ready but more importantly he wasn't mentally ready for the situation and that's coaching to me.

How does Poyer losing his spot on the field reflect on the coaching? I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding how coaches are on the hook for Poyer's common-sense brain fart.

Dear Lord I hate our Special Teams.

If Benjamin wasn't such a pussy we'd have an electric return game. Sadly, we are costing ourselves 5-10 yards+ of field position on every punt - minimum.

We have punt "catchers" and not returners? Sickening.

Gilbert?
Some guy off waivers?

Anyone?

How does Poyer losing his spot on the field reflect on the coaching? I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding how coaches are on the hook for Poyer's common-sense brain fart.

Coaching is not only X's and O's but mental preparedness. Scenarios like that should be covered so many times that these guys can make these decisions in their sleep. Especially something as limited as punt returns.

View: https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/525330044122824704

Just a general question; Most teams have kr/pr as a single guy, but since Cribbs left, I can't seem to remember a time when we employed that thought process. Can Marlon Moore not catch punts?

Jim Leonard can at least catch punts and has awareness of the field. He did it in Buffalo. He won't break many long gains, but his brain functions properly.

B1JJfc7IAAE749N.png

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."