• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

General PC Gaming Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
What name did you use when you played competitively? I used to, too, but that was eons ago. :p

I believe I was improper most of the time. I was probably Jack Brickman at times too. When did you play?

I played from early 2008-2011, I think. I remember this from being right before I quit, which looks to be mid 2011:

I still play, but just casually on pubs. Can't quit this game, and I've sunk a TON of time into it.

I probably quit around the same time. I moved to Charlotte in the summer of 2011 and stopped playing competitively prior to that.

What teams did you play for?

I probably quit around the same time. I moved to Charlotte in the summer of 2011 and stopped playing competitively prior to that.

What teams did you play for?

A bunch of teams with random friends, hard to remember some of the names at the time since I didn't choose them. Let me see....

TKO
Stompfest
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20
Rage and Terror (random group with guys like unf, blackbanjo, wonderland, ComeToJesus, if you remember any of them)
2+2=5
Fruit Vendors, the origin of the best granary strat:

Probably others that I'm forgetting.

Yeah I'm trying to remember all the teams we played as over the years...
Mad Decent
MedRed Inc.
Scout Thugz & Harmony
Carnal Gaming (sponsored)
It's Always Sunny on 2Fort

I don't know if you remember vhalin or harbleu, but they weren't on our team but sort of mentored us when we were first starting out. I think vhalin was later banned from competitive play for cheating. Dude was a perfect mentor for us, though. He was an asshole and loved to talk shit, which meshed perfectly with our style.

Sadly, I don't think I have a video of it, but our team (don't remember which one) basically came up with the GOAT strategy on Freight, which we used to win round one of a finals match in one of the leagues. Basically, I went dead ringer spy and disguised as a friendly Medic and allowed myself to be "killed" at the middle point. Meanwhile, our team pretended to fall back while our actual Medic and power classes went through the water to flank the enemy with a kritz. We killed their Medic and I got a couple of backstabs in while they were distracted.

Myself and pancake (my TF2 bff) came up with that strat just for that match. As far as I know no one else has ever tried it, but the other team actually complimented us on it afterward, so we knew it was a winner. :chuckle:

I also had a telefrag in a competitive match once!

As far as my teams go, you probably wouldn't recognize too many of the names unless you remember playing us. Most of our guys came over from the 360 version of the game (me too, as I played that before I finally built a new PC) and I don't think many of them played on other teams aside from the ones we created.

Guys I remember: Roman, icy, Outblaze, pancake, cardboard, dim, engine, jeh, Benjones, digitdaily, Swash

There were others too but it's been a while. I still play with a lot of those guys regularly, just not competitively. Our best competitive team was pancake at Medic, me and cardboard at Scout, dim and roman at Soldier, and outblaze at Demoman. That was a while back, though. Probably like 2009ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
Yeah I'm trying to remember all the teams we played as over the years...
Mad Decent
MedRed Inc.
Scout Thugz & Harmony
Carnal Gaming (sponsored)
It's Always Sunny on 2Fort

I don't know if you remember vhalin or harbleu, but they weren't on our team but sort of mentored us when we were first starting out. I think vhalin was later banned from competitive play for cheating. Dude was a perfect mentor for us, though. He was an asshole and loved to talk shit, which meshed perfectly with our style.

I do remember playing against those guys sometimes. It was fun while it lasted. Great Freight strat btw. Love doing that off-the-wall shit sometimes.

Fun game, it's hard for me to find another game that I enjoy as much. I've been into the Borderland's games, but none of the other competitive FPS games have really appealed to me.

Gonna have to buy a new video card for this one:

This game just looks so damn incredible.

the boat and swimming better not suck.

do want new GPU though, id be playing that on potato settings otherwise. also looks like i gotta hurry up and play Witcher 2 lol

edit- Last of Us mod for RE4

Last edited:
had to remember what my origin info was from SWTOR days... what a waste of $90 that game was, holy crap..

Careful, there's someone that helped create SWTOR on this site. He's got the addy in his sig.

10620666_371486286340361_2142785221657898641_n.jpg

I watched the 35 minute trailer of it ... it just looks almost too good to be true.

I do remember playing against those guys sometimes. It was fun while it lasted. Great Freight strat btw. Love doing that off-the-wall shit sometimes.

Fun game, it's hard for me to find another game that I enjoy as much. I've been into the Borderland's games, but none of the other competitive FPS games have really appealed to me.

Have you tried the new iteration of Counter-Strike?

It's growing pretty big now and has gotten much better since it's release. I played the original competitively for about 6 years or so. 1.6 too me is probably still the better game but CS:GO is pretty fun in its own way.

I actually played the original Teamfortress for Quake competitively when I was really young. I have stats somewhere from a match I played in 1999 lol. I played a fair amount of TF2 but never got into the league play stuff. That sniper clip you had was pretty wild.

Steam Halloween sale is live :thumbup1:

Fallout and Spec Ops the Line are gonna be mine later

and probs Bioshock Tipple Pack too

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."