• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs Ticket Questions, Policies, and STH Concerns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Out of curiosity, where are your seats and how much did you pay? Be interesting to start comparing FlashSeat sale prices to the lottery.
Sorry I read your question wrong. For the opener I got section 216 row 6 for $105 face.

Ok, new update

On 10/12, there were 2635 tickets available at an average asking price of $480.10

On 10/17 there were 3175 tickets available at an average asking price of $427.88. 120 recently sold tickets, average asking price $177.03, average sold price $158.49

Today, there are 3314 tickets available at an average asking price of $411.96. 120 recently sold tickets, average asking price $161.59, average sold price $131.90.

Average sold price has came down almost $30 in 4 days. This is just going to keep falling.

Ok, new update

On 10/12, there were 2635 tickets available at an average asking price of $480.10

On 10/17 there were 3175 tickets available at an average asking price of $427.88. 120 recently sold tickets, average asking price $177.03, average sold price $158.49

Today, there are 3314 tickets available at an average asking price of $411.96. 120 recently sold tickets, average asking price $161.59, average sold price $131.90.

Average sold price has came down almost $30 in 4 days. This is just going to keep falling.
It's gotten to the point now that if tickets keep dropping I might just snag another pair if they are better seats than when I'm currently at and just sell my older pair for face.

wow I got a good deal...sold 3 tickets with a face for 86 for 150 a piece.. and 2 to my buddies for face.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Cleveland Cavaliers say they will celebrate their home opener with a fan event outside the Q, featuring Kendrick Lamar and Kevin Hart.</p>&mdash; Lori Schmidt (@LoriSchmidt) <a href="View: https://twitter.com/LoriSchmidt/status/524648278944940032
">October 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Cleveland Cavaliers say they will celebrate their home opener with a fan event outside the Q, featuring Kendrick Lamar and Kevin Hart.</p>&mdash; Lori Schmidt (@LoriSchmidt) <a href="View: https://twitter.com/LoriSchmidt/status/524648278944940032
">October 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Wow, that's pretty legit.

Couldn't care less about Kevin Hart, but I'll watch Kendrick for sure.

Yeah, I am going to be in downtown Cleveland one way or another next Thursday night. Either for that or going to the game.

There have been a lot of tickets SOLD on Flash Seats today for the opener. Way more than days past.

There have been a lot of tickets SOLD on Flash Seats today for the opener. Way more than days past.

Not sure how you can say that. They listed 120 "sold" tickets on 10/17 and I counted 120 "sold" today. I haven't spend enough time with the data to figure out how they show "sold" - is it random? a fixed number of last sold? or is it based off of a rolling time frame, for example, the last 24 hours?

Unless you've got some sort of script to continuously scrape the data and weed out duplicates, there's really no good way to tell.

Not sure how you can say that. They listed 120 "sold" tickets on 10/17 and I counted 120 "sold" today. I haven't spend enough time with the data to figure out how they show "sold" - is it random? a fixed number of last sold? or is it based off of a rolling time frame, for example, the last 24 hours?

Unless you've got some sort of script to continuously scrape the data and weed out duplicates, there's really no good way to tell.
You may have the actual evidence, I was just making a swift observation, especially at page 1 of the cheapest seats. Seems like a lot have been sold today than I've seen over the last few days.

Actually, I was hoping you had some data. I'm more interested from the economic/sociological angle.

Since Dan is taking ~23% off the top on all these sales, he has an incentive to make people think They take great pains to note that "The rows marked as sold are a sampling of recent sales to help you understand what people are paying for similar tickets." That does leave them room to manipulate the marketplace by choosing which sales should count as "recently sold".

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."