• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs (with starting 5) vs Bulls - Oct 20, 7pm (NBATV and FSO)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Blatt may be a genuis, but he is working with the best collection of NBA talent in history.

Was a solid win. You can argue that KLove and Lebron should have had more touches, but IMO this is why Lebron came back. He does not need to score 30 to win a preseason game. In the playoffs, when we are playing the Bulls at home in a close game, Lebron and Love will be there for us, with fresh legs and healthy bodies..

I am also pretty stoked by the defensive effort at the beginning of the third, where Chicago went four minutes with no points...Its going to be a great season, and an even better spring.

I saw everyone complaining about the Bulls announcers in the game thread last night, and now I understand why, haha. They really were out to convince everyone Rose > Kyrie. :chuckle:

Anyhow, great game from Rose last night. He looked great. I hope he continues it throughout the season.

1. It's pre season
2. I know this stat isn 't everything but the +/- from last night for the bulls starters was
Gasol -4
Dunleavy -5
Noah 0
Rose +6
Hinrich +7

3. And the Bulls still only shot 37.9% from 3 with Rose going 4 for 5.
The Bulls were 41.6% frofm the field total.

4. The Cavs shot only 35.3% with Love going 0 for 5.
The Cavs were 41.8% from the field total.
We out rebounded the bulls 47-40.

For a new coach, with a new system, with many players adjusting to playing with new teammates that's a fine result in a pre season game.
This team is going to have better continuity as they get more of the system down and get used to playing with each other.

I'm stoked for this season.

Last edited:
Was at the game last night. Rose has not lost any speed due to his injuries. If he can stay healthy this year, he will be a force again.

KI did all he could to stay in front of him but Rose's quickness, coupled with KI still learning to become a better defender, created the perfect storm for Rose to put up points.

With that being said, KI also made Rose look silly on the defensive end as well. If we meet them in the playoffs, we just have to hope KI will wash out any offense Rose puts up. By then, i would hope KI looks better on D because no one could match up with Rose's quickness.

This team still doesn't concern me that much however. We got open shots all night against a Thibodeau coached team. Lebron's passing was on display...truly looked elite. He was slicing up the Bulls interior D all night. With the focus on Lebron, KI, and Love, Andy got open looks the entire game...looks that he can hit. AV has a sneaky good offensive game close to the basket. If he can stay healthy this season, he will be one of our most efficient players.

Fuck, I can't wait for the next game :( the waiting sucks ffs

Yeah they were all over love, so Andy/ was left open.
Oh good god. Is that what it's like for fan's of other teams to listen to Austin and Fred?

That was horrible.

Maybe a little. The one thing you have to give to Fred if not AC(who is still pretty good) is that they know the personnel of the opposing team. They can tell the difference between, "That is what he does, he will light you up." and "You can't let a guy who is not known for that get going like that." they are usually on with those statements. My biggest beef with a lot of homer announcers is that they don't know the personnel.

Oh good god. Is that what it's like for fan's of other teams to listen to Austin and Fred?

That was horrible.

Yeah Bulls announcers are the worst of the worst. Absolutely horrible!

whats the plus minus of our guys last night?

Speaking of announcers, one of my favorite team's announcers/commentators are the Clippers'. They give credit where it's due (even to opposing players) and are not irrationally homeristic. They get almost as excited for the other team as they do their own. Does anyone remember that away game against the Clippers early in the 2012-2013 season when Kyrie and Dion were lighting the Clippers up, and the Clippers' commentators were going crazy over our guys, somewhat gushing over them? That was a fun game to watch because of those commentators.

Speaking of announcers, one of my favorite team's announcers/commentators are the Clippers'. They give credit where it's due (even to opposing players) and are not irrationally homeristic. They get almost as excited for the other team as they do their own. Does anyone remember that away game against the Clippers early in the 2012-2013 season when Kyrie and Dion were lighting the Clippers up, and the Clippers' commentators were going crazy over our guys, somewhat gushing over them? That was a fun game to watch because of those commentators.

Yes! They've always been some of my favorites. I can deal with most of the opposing announcers, because I realize almost everyone is going to be biased. Hell, Fred calls the Cavs "the good guys". That just comes with the territory. Only a few are unbearable to the point of having to mute it. The Rockets and Celtics are the first that come to mind. I can deal with the bias, but it is rather frustrating how little people know about the Cavs. The Delly hate is what angers me the most.

So how many people remember LeBron before he became an improved shooter?

Rose uses and relies on athleticism to dominate the game. The fact he also had a better shooting stroke than previously (though this is the only Rose game I saw so far) means he may not ONLY kill you with the 0 to 100 driving game (70-90% of the time instead). If he doesn't get hurt and able to regain that lost athleticism, why is it hard to believe he might be a top 10 player?

It's against the grain, but there's always that possibility. I'm not completely buying Kyrie's rise to the top 5 until he's the main star on a team and is needed to carry them, whether it's points or assists. Rose has already done that.

It's games like this that sometimes remind me of how great certain players used to be, even if it's for the same reason Marbury and Francis had great stats (athleticism).

Those were pretty high quality picks that the Bulls were setting for rose. The shooting improvement has been anticipated because its something seen with players coming off this injury because they are limited on what they can practice.

We havent seen it that much to date because rose has been playing on tired legs. Which you see alot of during the preseason as players tend to u the amount of practice. even on game days

So how many people remember LeBron before he became an improved shooter?

Rose uses and relies on athleticism to dominate the game. The fact he also had a better shooting stroke than previously (though this is the only Rose game I saw so far) means he may not ONLY kill you with the 0 to 100 driving game (70-90% of the time instead). If he doesn't get hurt and able to regain that lost athleticism, why is it hard to believe he might be a top 10 player?

It's against the grain, but there's always that possibility. I'm not completely buying Kyrie's rise to the top 5 until he's the main star on a team and is needed to carry them, whether it's points or assists. Rose has already done that.

It's games like this that sometimes remind me of how great certain players used to be, even if it's for the same reason Marbury and Francis had great stats (athleticism).

Rose hasn't done it where it counts, and neither has Kyrie.

Rose has a slight edge in speed and defense, and a moderate edge in athleticism. But all these things hinge on his ability to stay healthy.

The Bulls will need to rely heavily on Rose whereas the Cavs won't need to depend on Kyrie.

They're both top 20 players, but I like Kyrie over Rose as more of a true PG on a championship team.

I hope Rose stays healthy because he's fun to watch. However, he lacks the vision and mental acuity that Kyrie shows.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."