• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Annual RCF Rate My Team/Who to Play Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Keeping an eye on? I am surprised in any league besides maybe Jon's where he is not on a roster already.

Well he's only played 3 games and if you had a good bench, he wasn't a must add until after his 2 TD outing this week. 44 yards (1 TD), 28 yards, and 34 yards (2 TDs)

Made a genius move at 12:45 on Sunday dropping Zac Stacy and picking up Denard. Stacy didn't record a carry then :celb (14):

I'm always wary of using high waiver positioning to pick up guys who won't be long term starters. Tre Mason is going to take over that job for good. Fred Jackson will eventually get his job back, but in the meantime, Brown should be a great pickup. Denard is in the same boat as Mason...He's clearly more effective than Gerhart, yet it remains to be seen whether the Jags will reward him. Bucs offensive line is terrible and I don't want any part of anyone on their team. I like Mason and Denard the best, as they are most likely to see their roles continue to grow.

Outside of RBs, I'm keeping my eyes on Doug Baldwin, Allen Robinson, and Odell Beckham Jr. Baldwin could be a nice WR3. Robinson and ODB should be owned for the most part if you're in a good league.
If you're in a good league, these guys have already been taken :chuckle:

My dad plays with some of his work friends and I was taking a look at his league. Joique Bell and McKinnon were both available to add in a twelve team league!!

Guess I shouldn't expect much from his co-workers since he works at USC though :chuckle:

Keeping an eye on? I am surprised in any league besides maybe Jon's where he is not on a roster already.
He was a free agent and I pickex him up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you're in a good league, these guys have already been taken :chuckle:

Is that a shot at my league? Anyways, it's' 10 team, 2 WR, 2 Flex anything you want, so most people have benches with QBs and RBs...but yeah, I would say that 2 teams are somewhat behind in my league. If they were on their game, these guys would all be owned.

I fucking hate small leagues. I'm in a 6 team league and it's so annoying. I tried to tell them it's better with more people but they all just want stacked teams I guess... Takes little to no skill to do well. Not a fan of anything below 10.

I fucking hate small leagues. I'm in a 6 team league and it's so annoying. I tried to tell them it's better with more people but they all just want stacked teams I guess... Takes little to no skill to do well. Not a fan of anything below 10.

One of the best things about drafting Fantasy Football is finding the gems in the late rounds. If you only have 6 teams, you are still getting studs.

Is that a shot at my league? Anyways, it's' 10 team, 2 WR, 2 Flex anything you want, so most people have benches with QBs and RBs...but yeah, I would say that 2 teams are somewhat behind in my league. If they were on their game, these guys would all be owned.
Actually not at all, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm just saying most of those people were picked up last week from what I've witnessed.

So one of the leagues that I've been in for multiple years switched over to FAAB this year instead of traditional waivers. I don't know if I've ever enjoyed a league more. It's awesome knowing everyone has a shot at some of the top players if they're willing to pay.

So I picked up Tom Brady off of waivers this week in my PPR league. If he continues playing like he has the past several weeks, he could be a nice boon to my team with Matt Ryan's inconsistency and Romo's squad relying heavily on the run game. I dropped Crowell to pick up Brady, so I've currently got three QBs on my roster.

The question is...should I give up on Ryan? That offensive line is just awful, and while he's capable of going off in any given game, he's so inconsistent that I hate starting him. I'd basically resigned myself to turning the team over to Romo until I noticed that Brady was on the wire.

Alright gents I was offered a trade that I'm very tempted to do, but so far I'm holding off. Wanted to get an unbiased take on it.

10 Team League, 3 WR, 2RB, and a Flex. Here's where my roster stands at those positions:

RB: Arian Foster, Frank Gore, Dennard Robinson, Steven Jackson
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Julian Edelman, Andre Holmes

The offer is Maclin for Andre Ellington. I'm tempted, because Gore has been inconsistent, Robinson is unproven, and Jackson is over the hill. However, with Megatron injured, if he doesn't come back this week he'll hit his bye the following week and Maclin is the only guy on my roster who is WR1 quality.

I think it's a very fair trade for me, but I'm tempted to wait until Johnson comes back and wait to see if Dennard Robinson establishes himself as a legit rb2 quality guy for the jags now that he's the starter.

Am I thinking clearly? Or should I pull the trigger?

Alright gents I was offered a trade that I'm very tempted to do, but so far I'm holding off. Wanted to get an unbiased take on it.

10 Team League, 3 WR, 2RB, and a Flex. Here's where my roster stands at those positions:

WR: Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Julian Edelman, Andre Holmes

The offer is Maclin for Andre Ellington. I'm tempted, because Gore has been inconsistent, Robinson is unproven, and Jackson is over the hill. However, with Megatron injured, if he doesn't come back this week he'll hit his bye the following week and Maclin is the only guy on my roster who is WR1 quality.

I think it's a very fair trade for me, but I'm tempted to wait until Johnson comes back and wait to see if Dennard Robinson establishes himself as a legit rb2 quality guy for the jags now that he's the starter.

pr, I'm pulling the trigger on that deal, your WR depth is solid enough to plug and play a WR2. Ellington is money in a PPR, sounds like that owner is worried about Stephens poaching TDs and not taking into account that Ellington can avg ~13ppg without scoring a TD.

pr, I'm pulling the trigger on that deal, your WR depth is solid enough to plug and play a WR2. Ellington is money in a PPR, sounds like that owner is worried about Stephens poaching TDs and not taking into account that Ellington can avg ~13ppg without scoring a TD.

Thanks for the reply Thous. I also had a brain fart and forgot to list Michael Floyd, who I also have a WR.

I think my hesitation is because I was thinking a healthy Megatron/Maclin combo could wreck, but so could a Foster/Ellington RB combo.

Any other thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Thanks for the reply Thous. I also had a brain fart and forgot to list Michael Floyd, who I also have a WR.

I think my hesitation is because I was thinking a healthy Megatron/Maclin combo could wreck, but so could a Foster/Ellington RB combo.

Any other thoughts from the peanut gallery?

If this is PPR, I do that deal. Last week, Ellington voluntarily gave Stepfan Taylor the 2 TDs as a reward for practicing, since Ellington has been trying to get as much rest as possible. That wasn't a coaching decision. If Ellington scores those 2 TDs last week, suddenly he's looking like a top 5 RB in a PPR league.

If this is non-PPR, it's all about preference. I prefer having the consistency of the RB. I would still be thrilled having my WRs be Calvin, Vjax, and Andre/Floyd. Maybe offer up Maclin for better RBs than Ellington and see what kind of reaction you get. I definitely lean toward Ellington with this deal though. Ellington is a guaranteed 10 pts, where Maclin is going to be more inconsistent. There's lots of guys to throw to in Phili, and little competition for Ellington in Zona.

And why is Steven Jackson on your roster?

Absolutely do that. Coming from an Eagles fan that goes to Clemson so I'm biased on both sides of that deal :chuckle:

I like Maclin a lot but Ellington is just awesome. If he can stay healthy, you definitely win that trade IMO. I've been trying to trade for Ellington in both of my leagues, he's one of my favorite players ever.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."