• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Grantland on the Cavs (2 new pieces on K-Love)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Yeah for the sake of our cap room. If healthy Rose will probably start.
Seriously? If he deserves it and is playing as good as he should then I'm not going to vote for Rose or fucking Wade so they can start over Kyrie. I don't want to give those Miami fanboy douchebags or the Chicago nutjob fans any kind of daylight.

I want the whole starting 5 of the All-Star team to be Cavaliers. Have some pride people.

Seriously? If he deserves it and is playing as good as he should then I'm not going to vote for Rose or fucking Wade so they can start over Kyrie. I don't want to give those Miami fanboy douchebags or the Chicago nutjob fans any kind of daylight.

I want the whole starting 5 of the All-Star team to be Cavaliers. Have some pride people.

I'll vote for Kyrie either way.

This kind of reminds you of the days when a sold out Jacobs Field would vote all Indians which lead to the majority of the starters being Indians.

On this note, what are the odds of a Irving, Wade, Lebron, Love and Bosh starting 5 for the East? I would think Carmelo would factory in having name recognition and the NY fan base. I would think Paul George would have gotten a spot if he wasn't hurt.

You missunderstood, i'm gonna vote Kyrie anyway but if Rose is healthy people will vote for him big time like Kobe. The difference is i partially do not want him to start so that we can have a couple more millions to spend. He'll probably start though in this type of 5 Kyrie - Rose - Melo - LeBron - Love
Hope Dion make the All-Star team one day

If he keeps having games like the last two, he'll make it this year.

what's most encouraging by his performance on offense the last few games is that he really isn't forcing the issue at all or playing above his talent. All Dions shots and makes are shots we know he is capable of making in the flow of the game and those shots will be there all year for him when Kyrie, LeBron, and Kevin are there with him, especially when they are moving the ball around as well as they have these past games. i mean, look at his points from last night, 3-6 from 3-point range and 8-12 from the floor all in all. Am i crazy in assuming that we will be able to get Dion at least 10 good looks a game that he will be able to knock down with his eyes closed? Dion is going to be BIG this year and all those stooges in the national media who still think he's a chubby D-Wade who can't shoot are going to be eating so much fucking crow watching beasting and feasting on whatever sorry ass match-up he'll have on any given night.

Could certainly be a scary 4th option.
And this is why we are set up better than the Heat. They desperately needed two things, someone who could score other than the big 3, and rebounding. In our first year out, we are deeper than the Heat were 3 years in. We also have plenty of assets to improve if we need to going forward, something the Heat lost just to get the big 3 together.

We look great this year, defensive questions withstanding, but going forward, we have a legitimate chance to see one of the greatest teams ever built.

Lowe and Simmons did their League Pass Rankings yesterday. The Cavs came in at numero uno. Here's the text:

Lowe: You’re practically giddy over David Blatt.

Simmons: I like NBA coaches who (a) try shit, and (b)give Grantland interviews. I’m that easy.

Lowe: I’ve said enough about these guys. They are going to be dynamite to watch. A big man like Kevin Love — someone with legit range who can pass, screen and dribble — is a dream toy for Blatt.

Simmons: And LeBron! In 11 years, LeBron played with only one elite player who made him better: Dwyane Wade in 2011 and most of 2012 before he slowly turned into Heavier, Moodier, Not-As-Good Dwyane Wade. Kevin Love will make LeBron better every single game. Remember, LeBron has never — not in his entire life — played with a great rebounder, a great outlet passer, or a great pick-and-roll forward. Never. Not ever. I can’t wait to watch them. I want to upgrade my score to a perfect 50. Is it too late?

Lowe: You’re short-changing Bosh as a pick-and-pop guy who gave LeBron space to work and defended his tail off in Miami.

Simmons: Bosh was a very good pick-and-pop partner for LeBron. Love could be a GREAT pick-and-pop partner for LeBron. That’s my defense.

Lowe: Regardless, it will be fascinating to see how democratic the Cavs can really make their offense, how they upgrade their roster, and how Blatt manages his defense. Blatt is talking about switching up tactics depending on matchups and lineups. That kind of toggling has gone out of style. Coaches have gravitated toward “Pick one system, drill it to death and execute it.” Going against the grain is risky, especially with so many younger guys who aren’t good at defense.

Simmons: And what happens when Varejao gets hurt? If anyone out there thinks the Cavs are getting 100 games out of Anderson Varejao over the next eight months, I have some Pets.com stock to sell you. These guys still need a rim protector, but I think they know it.

Lowe: They get the top spot in spite of the ugliest uniform/court design combination in the league. That’s how excited we are for these guys. I can hear Austin Carr cackling from 500 miles away.

Simmons: I didn’t love their other offseason moves. Shawn Marion looked just about done as a playoff guy last year. Same for Ray Allen (if they get him). Mike Miller is a beloved teammate, but you might get one good playoff game per round from him. James Jones … blah. Brendan Haywood … blah. But you know which two moves I really liked? When they landed the league’s best player and the league’s second-best power forward.

Lowe: The cascading series of lucky breaks they needed to pull all that off, starting with the location of LeBron’s birth, is legitimately unbelievable.

Simmons: One other thing — every 2015 Cavs home game is going to be appointment viewing. Even the ones against Philly and Utah. Everyone forgets how fantastic their home games were in 2009 and 2010, how much energy ripped through that building every night, and how LeBron always seemed to feed off his hometown peeps. They went 39-2 at home in 2009 with inferior talent, a clueless coach and a roster that couldn’t do 40 percent of the stuff that this 2015 Cavs team can do. These LeBron 2.0 home games are going to be a borderline religious experience. I really believe that. It’s just one of many reasons why they’re our 2015 League Pass champs.

---

And here are the links to the two articles:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-annual-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-1/
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-annual-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-2/

Some good stuff there. Enjoy.

Simmons going with the suck-up take. :chuckle:

Only half-kidding, but it's an interesting convo. I thought Simmons did undersell Bosh as a pick-n-pop guy, but he's right in saying that Love is a better fit for that role. I think he's come to expect significant contributions from vets in the playoffs, but I think having the young guys around will both take pressure off the older vets as well as save their legs to make plays when put in a situation to. There just won't be dependence on vets like Miami depended on Haslem, Allen, Battier, etc.

Simmons going with the suck-up take. :chuckle:

Only half-kidding, but it's an interesting convo. I thought Simmons did undersell Bosh as a pick-n-pop guy, but he's right in saying that Love is a better fit for that role. I think he's come to expect significant contributions from vets in the playoffs, but I think having the young guys around will both take pressure off the older vets as well as save their legs to make plays when put in a situation to. There just won't be dependence on vets like Miami depended on Haslem, Allen, Battier, etc.

Yeah, I think the young legs on this team are key. Varejao won't be forced to play big minutes due to a combination of us having nice frontcourt depth, Thompson being able to play center, and the fact that we will almost certainly be blowing out a lot of teams this year.

One area of neglect: The sheer talent that Waiters provides as a 4th wheel - something Miami never had. A legitimate fourth option.

Not to mention, Simmons is an idiot for not loving the Marion move.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."