• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Destiny

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Beat the Raid tonight in slightly over an hour. Likely about an hour and a half, including a smoke break. I find it really important for someone to he shooting Atheon when the teleport team is in the portals. I would say it would he preferable to be a titan, with weapons of light, and an ice breaker is always a good idea.

Hell if you had teammates good enough, in theory one guy could handle the supplicants while two shoot him.

I'm a little apprehensive about the hard mode raid. Mostly because the people I play with aren't really all that good. Still getting blown up by supps constantly. The Warlocks really have a monster advantage in a no respawn raid.

Make sure you add xsabre420 on your friends list. I'll help you out if I'm online with whatever you need.

You ever get the exotic bounty for Thorn, let me know. I need to do the crucible shit for it.

Thanks X. I'll be sure to add you. I actually could use some help later this week/weekend. Basically 3 of my buddies and I just got the game. All have had it approximately a week or 2. We are all at least level 25 or higher right now. We planned on tackling the VoG this weekend (gonna wait til we are all a little higher and we can each buy some exotic gear from Xur).

If you haven't already beat it this week and don't have a particular group to run with, we still need 2 more people to run with us. It would be a huge help to have somebody who has already beaten it, though I kinda figured anybody who has already beaten it probably has a crew they trust to get through it. I can assure you we are all capable of getting through it as long as we know what we're suppose to do. If anything you would help us cut off some time and not have to read through a bunch of online guides...

Also, what would you recommend buying from Xur when he comes through? Gear or weapons? Or it is just a preference? I didn't even know about him til a couple days ago so I'm not really sure what he will have in his inventory...

Beat the Raid tonight in slightly over an hour. Likely about an hour and a half, including a smoke break. I find it really important for someone to he shooting Atheon when the teleport team is in the portals. I would say it would he preferable to be a titan, with weapons of light, and an ice breaker is always a good idea.

Hell if you had teammates good enough, in theory one guy could handle the supplicants while two shoot him.

I'm a little apprehensive about the hard mode raid. Mostly because the people I play with aren't really all that good. Still getting blown up by supps constantly. The Warlocks really have a monster advantage in a no respawn raid.

Definitely pays to have that Sun Singer subclass maxed out (or at least to the point that you can cast your special after you die).

Still have yet to attempt the raid. Haven't even touched this game in almost two weeks because of how busy I've been. Hopefully that changes next week.

XB1 gamertag is Grizzwald614 if anyone wants to add me. I think I'm around level 27.

Thanks X. I'll be sure to add you. I actually could use some help later this week/weekend. Basically 3 of my buddies and I just got the game. All have had it approximately a week or 2. We are all at least level 25 or higher right now. We planned on tackling the VoG this weekend (gonna wait til we are all a little higher and we can each buy some exotic gear from Xur).

If you haven't already beat it this week and don't have a particular group to run with, we still need 2 more people to run with us. It would be a huge help to have somebody who has already beaten it, though I kinda figured anybody who has already beaten it probably has a crew they trust to get through it. I can assure you we are all capable of getting through it as long as we know what we're suppose to do. If anything you would help us cut off some time and not have to read through a bunch of online guides...

Also, what would you recommend buying from Xur when he comes through? Gear or weapons? Or it is just a preference? I didn't even know about him til a couple days ago so I'm not really sure what he will have in his inventory...

Personally, I only suggest buying exotic Helmets and weapons from Xur. Maybe engrams if you've got the mote of life. Raid Helmet is the only piece of raid gear that is only available in Hard Mode. *Hard Mode Raid = you cannot be revived* 3 raid + 1 exotic will get you to level 30.

I'll be happy to run VoG with you, I can explain 99% of the fights. Never actually fought Atheon legit, so that one would be totally new to me. I might have to look up the route for the Gorgon's maze.

Marcus never plays Destiny with his bestest RCF gaming buddy. Thor misses him.

I got Xbone too. And need a group to group to run with. GT NutsInYoooA55. Let me know. Level 28 titan

I got Xbone too. And need a group to group to run with. GT NutsInYoooA55. Let me know. Level 28 titan
I too have it on Xbox One, and have three good friends who play, but it is difficult to not only find time where we can all be on for extended time together or we'll have trouble finding a 5th and 6th person.

I'd love to try the raid again with some people. I have only done it once and we only got past the tenplar before we had to stop.

My GT is Mr Frisch. I'm usually a 27 Titan but can get to 28 if I pick a certain armor load out.

X, the strategy is simple. I guess spoilers will be in the words below if you want to skip.

So basically have either two guys cleaning up the suplicants while the portal is being opened, and the third guy on that middle platform shooting Atheon. It may not sound like much, but I can get somewhere around 28k damage done to him as a Hunter before times vengeance kicks in. If the person is a Titan, make sure he has weapons of light to het the 40% bonus damage from his shield.

If one guy can handle the supps, then have two guys shooting Atheon. In theory, with weapons of light, and two maxed ice breakers, 100k damage per teleport should be achievable no problem.

For the portal team the hardest planet us Venus. You need to help the relic holder take down the Minotaur, because if he dies, the game is over. I say that because the two other guys need to be cleansed, and starting from scratch with the shield is a recipe for a black screen, and succumbing to the Oracles. Mars is easier. Just remember the R1 attack (ps3), or R2 attack (ps4) is the best one to use.

The simplest way is for your portal teammates to throw their nades at the enemies. It seems like a small thing, but it helps.

Ok so now we're through the portals. Again a Titan with Weapons of light is an amazing asset. Just keep shooting the shit out of Atheon, and have the relic holder dump supers at him, and any locks using their voidwalker super (normal mode). With Weapons of light, and ice breaker, during times vengeance a maxed ice breaker does something close to 15k per shot.

But before you go around trying to kill Atheon, make sure Supplicants are all dead. It's easy for people to get tunnel vision, and a supp sneaks up on them for an insta kill.

Repeat that 4 or so times, and you're done. It really isn't as hard as it was the first time once you do it.

I'd really like to see if we could get together a group of RCFers to take on the VoG. I personally play on the PS4.

Personally, I only suggest buying exotic Helmets and weapons from Xur. Maybe engrams if you've got the mote of life. Raid Helmet is the only piece of raid gear that is only available in Hard Mode. *Hard Mode Raid = you cannot be revived* 3 raid + 1 exotic will get you to level 30.

I'll be happy to run VoG with you, I can explain 99% of the fights. Never actually fought Atheon legit, so that one would be totally new to me. I might have to look up the route for the Gorgon's maze.

Marcus never plays Destiny with his bestest RCF gaming buddy. Thor misses him.
THORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sorry X. Haven't really been on lately. Hopefully will finally have some free time after this week is over.

Hard mode might be impossible for 28s. We could not get past the conflux part.

There were 3 28s and 3 29s, and there were multiple attempts that had at least one guy under 5 kills. I kept hitting 40 for comparison.
It's no joke though, definitely should be at least 29 to attempt I would say.

I'd really like to see if we could get together a group of RCFers to take on the VoG. I personally play on the PS4.

I'd like to get in on this. I can make time if I know when I need to be free.

Gymbo and I have played together a few times. I don't really play on PS4 much, I'm usually on PS3, but if you guys ever want to get a group together I will make the time. By the time that happens, my second character should be fully maxed out.

If worst comes to worse then if we can only get 3 or 4 of us together, we can always just go to the tower, or go to one of the lfg communites and ask if anyone wants to join us.

I don't know if anyone's done the Raid, but it certainly is another level compared to the missions. It is a giant part of the game that you shouldn't really miss out on.

I've kinda lost interest, but would be down for VoG if we could pull a group toegther (PS4).

I'm in for the raid. I haven't attempted it yet so as long as you guys are patient I'm in. Monday's after 5:30 are my best times but I can definitely accommodate other times as well. My work schedule gets a little shitty after this week if we are doing it on a weekday (asidefrom Monday)

I'm in for the raid. I haven't attempted it yet so as long as you guys are patient I'm in. Monday's after 5:30 are my best times but I can definitely accommodate other times as well. My work schedule gets a little shitty after this week if we are doing it on a weekday (asidefrom Monday)

You guys pick a day, and I'll be available. The only times I am tied up without wiggle room is Saturday mornings/afternoon.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."