• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Favorite Sub & Sandwich Shops

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Edit: Different "Firehouse" restaurant.

Firehouse Subs is safe!

Is What About Bob's still open in Downtown Willoughby? Always liked that place, but went there last year when I was home for the 4th and it had gone down hill.

When I lived in Lakewood I would walk to TJ's Butcher Block on Detroit near Bunts for their Reuben or Butcher's Blend sandwiches.

I used to like Joe's in River before they built their new building. They seem to have a "see, we are upscale" vibe, usually just as long wait times since they don't use the far side area and the service has gone downhill the past few times I have gone in for a corned beef and matzo ball soup.

So after hitting up Jersey Mike's for lunch this week and last after a long hiatus (for no particular reason...it's just further than Jimmy John's and about the same distance as Firehouse from my office in downtown Charlotte), I'm going to have to bump them up a bit in my power rankings.

I normally gravitate to hot subs if a place offers them, and always thought Jersey Mike's cheesesteaks (and chipotle cheesesteaks) were good but not great. I had their Italian today, though, and it was fantastic. A bit pricey (ten bucks for a regular sub and a bag of chips), but delicious and superior to Jimmy John's Italian. Great bread, they don't skimp on the meat, and their condiments all taste high-quality. I'll definitely be back for that again.

They just opened up a Pita Pit by my work. I am pretty excited.

If you're ever in Denver, you have to check out Masterpiece Deli. I have only been there once, but I haven't been able to forget about the pastrami since.

Had a 14 inch DiBellas Buckeye yesterday. Was a fucking pain to get there, if you know campus area it's over on the far side of the lennox center and I live on the opposite side of campus. I hated getting there..but it was worth it.

Easily my #1 sub place right now. But I have to try Jersey Mikes again soon.

Alright. Let's do this.
138021380. Subway
8. Poop
7. Charley's (meh)
6. Dave's Cosmic Subs
5. Quizno's
4. Jersey Mike's
3. Jimmy John
2. Mr. Hero
1. Penn Station (and it's not even close)

*Disclaimer: I've never had DiBella's but I've heard great things.

I'd rather get a sub at a pizza shop then any of these shit holes listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Jersey Mike's the other day and it fucking sucked.

Updated rankings:
138021380. Subway
8. Poop
7. Jersey Mike's (4)
6. Charley's (meh)
5. Dave's Cosmic Subs
4. Quizno's
3. Jimmy John
2. Mr. Hero
1. Penn Station (and it's not even close)

Lot of you guys sucking Penn Station dick in here. I may have to try it again. Havent gone in forever, but it was greasy as hell last time I did. Turned me off.

Lot of you guys sucking Penn Station dick in here. I may have to try it again. Havent gone in forever, but it was greasy as hell last time I did. Turned me off.

Had to try Penn Station at the recommendation of this thread. Got an Italian sub. It was very tasty, and had high quality ingredients, but yes it was greasy as fuck. The service was also garbage, and it took at least 10 minutes from the time I ordered to get the damn sub. I probably won't be going back too often given that it's a bit out the way for a normal lunch run.

I also went and found a Firehouse Sub. It wasn't quite as good as Penn Station (namely, the bread), but it was still pretty good and the service was much better. I'd go back.

Either way, Jimmy John's will still probably be my go-to lunch sub place. They might just serve simple cold cuts, but the quality of the ingredients is solid and fresh and you can get in and out in 60 seconds. I've never had a bad experience.

And it needs to be said again: Subway is fucking garbage. Occasionally I'll forget how bad it is when I'm travelling and desperate for food, so I'll give it a chance. I regret it every time. The quality of everything they serve is bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't serve that shit to my dogs.

Yeah, everything at Penn Station is just covered in grease, which is why I don't eat there very often.

Had to try Penn Station at the recommendation of this thread. Got an Italian sub. It was very tasty, and had high quality ingredients, but yes it was greasy as fuck. The service was also garbage, and it took at least 10 minutes from the time I ordered to get the damn sub. I probably won't be going back too often given that it's a bit out the way for a normal lunch run.

I also went and found a Firehouse Sub. It wasn't quite as good as Penn Station (namely, the bread), but it was still pretty good and the service was much better. I'd go back.

Either way, Jimmy John's will still probably be my go-to lunch sub place. They might just serve simple cold cuts, but the quality of the ingredients is solid and fresh and you can get in and out in 60 seconds. I've never had a bad experience.

And it needs to be said again: Subway is fucking garbage. Occasionally I'll forget how bad it is when I'm travelling and desperate for food, so I'll give it a chance. I regret it every time. The quality of everything they serve is bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't serve that shit to my dogs.
I'd eat at Taco Bell before I'd eat at Subway

Thing about Subway is when I am cutting weight it's nice because it is only like 600 calories for a chicken sub. But then I look at DiBellas and I got a sub that was 10x better and it was only 1000 calories. Really not a huge difference for me when I'm living an active lifestyle (hitting the gym, running, sports, etc). Another buying point for Subway for me anyways used to be how cheap it was...not really a factor anymore when my favorite subs are all almost 7 dollars now. Then you factor in the quality of ingredients, and it's just meh.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."